One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

After hitting forge tec one lengths yesterday and hitting the 4 well I’m thinking about ordering a RADSPEED 4 iron. Use it for a while and see how it works. Next issue which shaft. Have hit the recoil 780 smac wrap in a buddies black forge tecs and a set of f9s I owned for a short time. I currently have Steelfiber i95s in my standard forge tecs. Was not a big fan of the catalyst 80 shaft. Options I’m considering. Staying with Steelfiber or going recoil 780 or recoil 95. The 780s I’ve hit are f4 I ordered my i95s in regular due to them playing stiff to spec. Let’s here some ideas. If 4 iron preforms I’ll buy the 5-gw.

I know that @HuddieJ is still waiting on his order to come in...
I ordered mine on Jan. 9th and I've still not got them! I checked just now and it says that my order has been sent to the warehouse, so I'm just waiting!

I've read a good bit in this thread, but I couldn't quite get caught up on 29 pages haha. Where do you guys draw the line in terms of used OL's? It sounds like the tech has gotten slightly better each year with the Cobra OL's, but is there a year any of you can pinpoint is being a big step up? I.e. don't buy the F7's but you can get away with the F8's vs. the latest and greatest because of xyz?

Wanted to pop in and say I took quite a few swings with @JB OL RAD Speed setup. I'll admit I didn't hate the shorter irons being longer. What bothered me was the longer irons being shorter. I also swear up and down there was a difference in feel between the OL setup and the regular RAD Speed irons which I find odd.

Bryson taking the Revolution another step. Time to join?

I’m joining the revolution Brehs... here we go....

As promised here are my new Cobra Forged TEC One Length with Mitsubishi MMT 80 Stiff Shafts. Linktech Royal Grips. 6 - GW. I get an extra wrap or two in the bottom half of my grips so they are basically no taper.

Man they look great from here.P10129-153625.jpg

Attachments

• P10129-153636.jpg
    P10129-153636.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 18
  • P10129-153646.jpg
    P10129-153646.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 17
  • P10129-153654.jpg
    P10129-153654.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 15
  • P10129-153707.jpg
    P10129-153707.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 16
Had my first round today with the Rads, I put a review in the Rad iron thread. I really enjoyed OL in the 7 iron down, 5/6 will take a little getting used to. I had fewer mis-hits as I was able to use one consistent swing for all of my iron shots. I had no issues switching to standard a variable length LW around the green and in the bunkers.

Had my first round today with the Rads, I put a review in the Rad iron thread. I really enjoyed OL in the 7 iron down, 5/6 will take a little getting used to. I had fewer mis-hits as I was able to use one consistent swing for all of my iron shots. I had no issues switching to standard a variable length LW around the green and in the bunkers.
What shafts you go with

@JB would you say the RAD speed launches higher that the Forged Tec in the long irons?

@JB would you say the RAD speed launches higher that the Forged Tec in the long irons?
I haven’t tested the Forged TEC long irons enough to give a factual statement, but based on design, absolutely.

I haven’t tested the Forged TEC long irons enough to give a factual statement, but based on design, absolutely.
I have a set of Forged Tec and the one thing that holds me back from gaming them is the 4 iron launches a little low compared to the ret of the set. I am thinking about a RAD speed 4 iron to see if that helps with gapping at that end.

I have a set of Forged Tec and the one thing that holds me back from gaming them is the 4 iron launches a little low compared to the ret of the set. I am thinking about a RAD speed 4 iron to see if that helps with gapping at that end.
It very well could.
Could also explore a utility or hybrid in that spot

Just read all 29 pages again. Ready to take the jump as soon as I decide on a shaft.

Still in shaft limbo as well. 🤔
I’ve played a few of the options. Play the steelfiber i95 in my standard forge tec. Played one round with the catalyst 80 when @oumagic loaned me his one lengths. Played the recoil 780 smac wrap f4 in a set of f9s. So super confused.

I have only had mine 2 days but would recommend that you look at the Mitsubishi MMT. They are really stable. That's if you are into composite of course.
Everyone seems to like them. Not sure I could do justice to a $400 shaft upcharge though.

This will be Season 3 with my F9 One Lengths. I was thinking of trying the OL wedges this year because I have a huge distance gap between my GW and my MD-4 54 wedge. Then I realized I had originally bought the 5i - SW set with Midsize CP2 Pro grips and the Atmos Shafts. Since I can pretty much hit every shot shorter than 75 yds with my MD4 54 wedge, I've decided to drop my lob wedge and go with the 54 instead. I'll have to do some bunker practice with it. The OL SW will be for the full 85-90 yd shots which I tend to pull big time with the short wedge.

The Revolution starts on Thursday! Weather permitting!

Attachments

• D544718F-4A95-4BAE-AC29-0FB8C778FB7E.jpeg
    D544718F-4A95-4BAE-AC29-0FB8C778FB7E.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 36
Ok, I took the Forged TEC OL irons out to the driving range today to pound some balls and to see what all the hype is all about! My first impressions on the OL irons are this, the 8,9,and PW launch pretty high and I find myself drawing them a lot because they are longer than normal. On distance, I don't know right now cause I was unable to see them land.(My eyes are pretty bad) The 4-5 iron, I don't know if they go as far as a normal 4-5 iron until I get on the course, but I found them to be low launching. After I moved the ball a little bit up in my stance, I got the launch I wanted, which is great! Also, I thought you could work the ball easier with the OL than a normal 4-5 iron. For my first ever range session with these clubs, my first thoughts is that the 9-PW launch extremely high in the air and will need to slightly dial back because the feeling you get with a shot that's 125-130 yards is that you could hit it longer than what you want. I'm playing on Thursday and maybe get some TrackMan numbers tomorrow and I'll keep everyone updated. So far, I like what I see!

Last edited:
Ok, I took the Forged TEC OL irons out to the driving range today to pound some balls and to see what all the hype is all about! My first impressions on the OL irons are this, the 8,9,and PW launch pretty high and I find myself drawing them a lot because they are longer than normal. On distance, I don't know right now cause I was unable to see them land.(My eyes are pretty bad) The 4-5 iron, I don't know if they go as far as a normal 4-5 iron until I get on the course, but I found them to be low launching. After I moved the ball a little bit up in my stance, I got the launch I wanted, which is great! Also, I thought you could work the ball easier than with a normal 4-5 iron. For my first ever range session with these clubs, my first thoughts is that the 9-PW launch extremely high in the air and will need to slightly dialed back because the feeling you get with a shot that's 125-130 yards is that you could hit it longer than what you want to. I'm playing on Thursday and maybe get some TrackMan numbers tomorrow and I'll keep everyone updated. So far, I like what I see!
Thanks for the feedback and update.
Let us know how your round goes on Thursday...

Ok, I took the Forged TEC OL irons out to the driving range today to pound some balls and to see what all the hype is all about! My first impressions on the OL irons are this, the 8,9,and PW launch pretty high and I find myself drawing them a lot because they are longer than normal. On distance, I don't know right now cause I was unable to see them land.(My eyes are pretty bad) The 4-5 iron, I don't know if they go as far as a normal 4-5 iron until I get on the course, but I found them to be low launching. After I moved the ball a little bit up in my stance, I got the launch I wanted, which is great! Also, I thought you could work the ball easier with the OL than a normal 4-5 iron. For my first ever range session with these clubs, my first thoughts is that the 9-PW launch extremely high in the air and will need to slightly dial back because the feeling you get with a shot that's 125-130 yards is that you could hit it longer than what you want. I'm playing on Thursday and maybe get some TrackMan numbers tomorrow and I'll keep everyone updated. So far, I like what I see!
You also have a strange bag battle in that you have a set of X-Forged CB & a set of Forged Tec OL battling it out for a spot in your bag.

Can’t wait to see what wins.

Back