One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

The Recoil stock shaft. Which I very much like.
Good to hear, I'm hoping to try it with the 480 or 780 this afternoon.

Have you got any swings in with the Cobra OL utility iron for any comparison?

Nope. Since my set is RadSpeed, I am not sure what I would be gaining in a Utility over the set long iron.

The hybrid was my only big question mark, all in on the irons. Wedges....just not sure I will attempt them.🤪

I’m going OL 4 hybrid but my wedges with be 36in

Wanted to update you on a little hybrid testing. Gapping for me has been pretty darn solid. Only working with the 4 hybrid and it goes the 200 yards I expect out of my 4 hybrid. If it were going in the bag, I would probably go 3 for gapping, since I am hitting the RadSpeed irons incredibly long for my game.

The club as a whole feels a little head heavy, which is to be expected with weight added in there, but I will probably switch it to a shaft closer to my irons to keep the feel right in line with what I am used to.

Overall I liked just about everything about them and do not have any complaints. For those that do not like heady heavy feeling, this might be odd at first, but if you are used to lighter shaft in a hybrid, it is probably completely normal.
Appreciate the early morning update.

Finally got a chance to get my Radspeed OL irons on the course. It will take a few rounds to get the yardages dialed in for each club, that’s for sure. I’m not used to hitting 170 yard 7 irons! The 4 iron is a rocket launcher off the tee, but I did struggle with getting it elevated off the fairway. I will chalk that up to the first round of the year with a bad swing though.

Mishits seemed to keep their distance and only direction was punished. Solid shots feel solid and the mid through short irons had a great ball flight. All in all, these are great irons, I just need maybe one more round to get my distances before I’m completely comfortable.

The adjustment to OL only took a few holes before I didn’t have to think about setup, so eliminating that variable will help my game going forward I believe.

Decided today that my OL set will stop at the GW. I am just to comfortable with a standard wedge setup to make the switch.

Wanted to update you on a little hybrid testing. Gapping for me has been pretty darn solid. Only working with the 4 hybrid and it goes the 200 yards I expect out of my 4 hybrid. If it were going in the bag, I would probably go 3 for gapping, since I am hitting the RadSpeed irons incredibly long for my game.

The club as a whole feels a little head heavy, which is to be expected with weight added in there, but I will probably switch it to a shaft closer to my irons to keep the feel right in line with what I am used to.

Overall I liked just about everything about them and do not have any complaints. For those that do not like heady heavy feeling, this might be odd at first, but if you are used to lighter shaft in a hybrid, it is probably completely normal.
What is the head weight of the OL Hybrid compared to the RADSPEED Iron heads? Are they the same weight with the same shaft?

What is the head weight of the OL Hybrid compared to the RADSPEED Iron heads? Are they the same weight with the same shaft?
I don’t know the weight. I would be surprised if they weighed the same as VL though. It’s possible to shift eight to get the speed back, but would be harder.

Decided today that my OL set will stop at the GW. I am just to comfortable with a standard wedge setup to make the switch.

I've been trying one length wedges as well. It's really nice for getting loft easily, but I find shot shaping is more challenging and tight bunkers are harder to navigate due to the extra length. It also makes gapping a but more challenging

I'm likely going back to VL wedges at some point this season (probably 54 variable and 58 wide low)

Last edited:
Nope. Since my set is RadSpeed, I am not sure what I would be gaining in a Utility over the set long iron.
Lower launch, less forgiveness. You are an internet golfer right?

On an additional note I added 2 more clubs to my OL set for the Morgan Cup going RADPSEED 5-GW. I am excited to start this journey.

Lower launch, less forgiveness. You are an internet golfer right?

Haha I play one on TV.
I understand them for sure. Offers the ability to flight them up or down and move them left or right, while still offering some of the advantages that a how construction (in some cases) have. For me personally in that spot, the set iron seems like the right move.

Only played about 4 rounds with the OL in the bag. I've hit more laser straight iron shots in those 4 rounds than I think I did all of last year. Having a strong ponder to extend the OL down to the sand wedge.

Par 3 scoring has to be the best it has been in my life. I used to dread them, but it has been just about point and shoot, which is crazy for me.

Radspeed OL 4 hybrid and 5-gw on my MC order! Let the Revolution begin! 🏌️

The Recoil stock shaft. Which I very much like.
I agree with this. I have played recoil before with not the best success, but after I was fitted correctly I cannot wait to get these on the course. ORDER DAY IN 5 HOURS!!

I agree with this. I have played recoil before with not the best success, but after I was fitted correctly I cannot wait to get these on the course. ORDER DAY IN 2 HOURS!!
FIFY, EST for the win! 😎

Wondering how common it is for people to play OL in say 7-GW and the rest of the clubs standard. Coming back from a long injury lay-off and rebuilding my swing. What is kind of odd is that I’m hitting 8i and longer fine but am having a rough go with 9-gap. Crazy that I’m putting a better swing on the ball with 5H or 7W than PW.

Played today out on the real grass and really enjoyed these. Hit every iron in the bag and my distances remain true from my original posts about gapping. I find them so incredibly good, that I can't see a reason to remove and the success I saw with the iron game was pretty darn good.

Oh yeah, and @Canadan absolutely murders the 5 iron.

I hit some Edel one lengths on the range yesterday. They were set up with some Paderson Kinetixx shafts and they were so easy to hit. Not the right setup for me at all and were still fun to play around with - especially the 5i. Ponder mode up to about 70%.

I hit some Edel one lengths on the range yesterday. They were set up with some Paderson Kinetixx shafts and they were so easy to hit. Not the right setup for me at all and were still fun to play around with - especially the 5i. Ponder mode up to about 70%.

Played today out on the real grass and really enjoyed these. Hit every iron in the bag and my distances remain true from my original posts about gapping. I find them so incredibly good, that I can't see a reason to remove and the success I saw with the iron game was pretty darn good.

Oh yeah, and @Canadan absolutely murders the 5 iron.
How’d the hybrid treat you?

Back