One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

it was also great going into any iron with a positive attitude, believing that my setup would work, instead of being sure that I would either hit the ball fat, or far to the left.

Congratulations and Welcome to the Revolution!!!
You will adjust to the longer wedges in no time.

I'm not a One-Lengther, but I want to share that I saw and met my first every random on-course one length set today! Seriously. Never seen a single set out in the real world like that until today. And they were Forged Tecs, which I did play, so we had a nice little chat. He loves them. Couldn't be happier. "Best decision I never made". It was cool.

A majority of my "bad" shots with the higher OL irons is due to me swinging them too hard. Every shot I try to imagine him hitting a 150yd 8i, which is harder than it sounds when there's a 5i in my hand and and I'm 210 out.
@tucsoncacti I agree with this. Also, make sure you aren't letting the ball position creep forward on the longer irons. I noticed when I was struggling with my OL 4-6 irons I was swinging too hard and playing a little forward in my stance. I was not as far forward as I normally play variable irons, but certainly I let it creep more forward than my 7 iron.
Ok....so I was getting ready for work tonight, and I literally was standing in the shower, and was thinking maybe I should not swing as hard and try not to swing for the fences. And I come on here and you two are literally saying this. Something I am going to work on when I get home in the morning.

Ok....so I was getting ready for work tonight, and I literally was standing in the shower, and was thinking maybe I should not swing as hard and try not to swing for the fences. And I come on here and you two are literally saying this. Something I am going to work on when I get home in the morning.
Having golf thoughts in the shower is funny, but I literally do the same thing. Self professed golf but LOL!

Having golf thoughts in the shower is funny, but I literally do the same thing. Self professed golf but LOL!
Haha, that's where I do my rotation stretches! 😛

Messing round with the 9-SW this evening. Pics of the 9 iron and SW. I’m warming up to them more and more. Feeling better each time I get them out. Hopefully I’ll get in 9 during the weekly Monday scramble. Achilles coming along nicely so hopefully it’ll be a good start to getting back to golf after 4 months off. 68CB56A0-4D3F-4497-AA84-E454E663A106.jpegC5AB581C-A950-4603-828D-28B3AE6D9C54.jpeg

Played my first game with the 58 degree variable length wedge, instead of the 60 degree one length wedge, and I had a much better short game. Way more comfortable around the green. I'll probably swap the one length 56 degree for a 54 variable length wedge in a few weeks. Then I'd keep it as 3-GW in one length.

I have been focusing most of my practice with my current 6 and 7 iron over the last few weeks in anticipation of the OL clubs coming for the Morgan Cup. I hit some really nice shots this weekend with both clubs. It ahs me really excited about the potential here. I cannot wait to get these into play.

On Friday at a THP Experience I had these on play on the course and hit them incredibly well considering it has been a bit. I actually surprised myself, which was kind of fun. I shot 82, but much of the strokes came from two holes. I continue to see no gapping issues, and it is giving me the ability to mess with the long side of my bag a bit, which I really like. I'm going to be experimenting with the 3/4 hybrid spot a bit this week.

On Friday at a THP Experience I had these on play on the course and hit them incredibly well considering it has been a bit. I actually surprised myself, which was kind of fun. I shot 82, but much of the strokes came from two holes. I continue to see no gapping issues, and it is giving me the ability to mess with the long side of my bag a bit, which I really like. I'm going to be experimenting with the 3/4 hybrid spot a bit this week.
I’m very interested in how the hybrid play goes.

Getting excited to begin sharing soon.

I'm in the Revolution!!

20210530_213205.jpg

Those shafts look so hot 🔥🔥🔥🔥!
Catalyst 80. They are really good looking shafts. I was worried they might be too light, but they are stiff and they feel lighter, but with a similar balance point and feel if that makes sense. I will get a better idea after some live action, but not worried after holding them in hand.

I wanted to build a set of the Cobra OLs, but is there somewhere you can buy just the club heads only?

I wanted to build a set of the Cobra OLs, but is there somewhere you can buy just the club heads only?
Which are you trying to build? With the adjustable weight in the RADSPEED I think it allows for the most ability to really get it right on a build.

Which are you trying to build? With the adjustable weight in the RADSPEED I think it allows for the most ability to really get it right on a build.
Yep, was thinking the Radspeed with the adjustable weights.

First range session down. I really tried not to think too much and just swing at them. I hit them well. The only thing I maybe noticed is that the scoring clubs seemed to fly maybe a little higher. Especially the PW seemed like I was hitting moon shots. Anyone else see anything like this with OL.

First range session down. I really tried not to think too much and just swing at them. I hit them well. The only thing I maybe noticed is that the scoring clubs seemed to fly maybe a little higher. Especially the PW seemed like I was hitting moon shots. Anyone else see anything like this with OL.
I have not, but @JDax saw slightly higher flight. Distance gapping wasn't impacted for us though.

That seems to be the biggest complaint along with not being able to elevate long irons.
Several people ditched the gap wedge specifically due to going high and short thus not gapping well.

I'm pretty convinced it's due to a holdover from VL swings. You are conditioned to swing a wedge slower and a long iron faster.

I'm playing the set OL gap wedge without issue. But I do have to mentally remind myself to hit it like a driving 150yard 8i despite being 115 yards out. (My theory is a "wedge" swing with a 7i shaft ends up adding dynamic loft)

(Opposite is true for my 5 and 6 irons. Feels like they elevate better with a slower, more controlled swing than I am conditioned for 175+)

That seems to be the biggest complaint along with not being able to elevate long irons.
Several people ditched the gap wedge specifically due to going high and short thus not gapping well.

I'm pretty convinced it's due to a holdover from VL swings. You are conditioned to swing a wedge slower and a long iron faster.

I'm playing the set OL gap wedge without issue. But I do have to mentally remind myself to hit it like a driving 150yard 8i despite being 115 yards out. (My theory is a "wedge" swing with a 7i shaft ends up adding dynamic loft)

(Opposite is true for my 5 and 6 irons. Feels like they elevate better with a slower, more controlled swing than I am conditioned for 175+)
So really focus on 7 iron tempo instead of PW tempo. That makes sense.

Yes, I have found my Wedges go High, But I almost never take full swings with them and I also choke down on my wedges considerably most of the time when I am around the green.

I am going on 4 years with OL and I still need to make sure I am setting up correctly.:ROFLMAO:

I am going on 4 years with OL and I still need to make sure I am setting up correctly.:ROFLMAO:
Been playing golf for 27 years and I'm not sure I have ever figured this out LOL

I was one that struggled with the OL GW and replaced with a variable length MiM wedge. I think I was inclined to take a little bit off that swing.

After I got more accustomed to OL, I put it back in the bag and have been doing well with it. I do hit it higher than the 50 wedge, but the distance is more consistent than when I first started OL.

Back