One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

It does make me a more confident golfer though.

A more confident golfer is a better golfer. Having confidence in the clubs and the swing will always improve your scores over the alternative.

A more confident golfer is a better golfer. Having confidence in the clubs and the swing will always improve your scores over the alternative.
Removing variables does too 🤣
I say it about putting all the time, so why not try it with irons.

It makes sense, for sure. Reduce the number of things you have to adjust to vs keeping it as simple as possible.

Wait, so you're on OL irons now, @JB? :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness I'm excited to follow along. Do you have on-course stats compiled from your time out with these vs your previous set?

Also, assuming you've played 5+ rounds with these in the bag, where is your sense (as of now) on how long they'll remain in the bag?

I believe they are listed in @Canadan article here.
Saw the hybrid lofts. For the fairways looks like adjustable lofts. With Cobra's adjustability does the face open/close as you adjust the loft?

Saw the hybrid lofts. For the fairways looks like adjustable lofts. With Cobra's adjustability does the face open/close as you adjust the loft?
Yes but less than most due to their launch pad tech. Although that’s not part of One Length. Good thread on those though

To me that is One Length irons in a nutshell. Instead of the thought process of making long clubs shorter (ie: easier), its the idea that it is a single swing for all of your irons and wedges.
Interesting you chose 8 iron. I might choose 6. 6 is the club I feel most comfortable with in my bag. I think that little bit of extra length may help make my short irons a little more crisp as well. I need all the speed I can get. Plus I think the best thing to do in order to really make this work is go all in and not overthink it. Pick your best iron, get that length for all of them and move on.

Interesting you chose 8 iron. I might choose 6. 6 is the club I feel most comfortable with in my bag. I think that little bit of extra length may help make my short irons a little more crisp as well. I need all the speed I can get. Plus I think the best thing to do in order to really make this work is go all in and not overthink it. Pick your best iron, get that length for all of them and move on.
In my opinion it’s not as easy as that, but one off from 7 could work. You would want to test gaps and get weighting correct.

When I have hit them, one of the things that you have to remember is to set up to the ball like you are hitting an 7 or 8 iron, regardless of what club you grab.

I find my self trying to move the ball forward in my stance with the 5 & 6 irons, but you aren’t supposed to do that like with a variable length set.

When I have hit them, one of the things that you have to remember is to set up to the ball like you are hitting an 7 or 8 iron, regardless of what club you grab.

I find my self trying to move the ball forward in my stance with the 5 & 6 irons, but you aren’t supposed to do that like with a variable length set.
this is good info. im liking the ideas about OL.

Good looking set of irons there with those shafts. I have dabbled in testing some OL irons prior and I did enjoy the longer irons shorter length the shorter irons took a little getting use to but nothing major. I think if I were to give them a full shot I may want them at 6 iron length. I seem to hit my 6 iron in two of my sets better than any other club. Will be following along on this journey.

I would love to give OL a try one of these days. Iron ball striking has never been my strong suit so would be open minded about anything to add consistency to that part of my game.

I've used a club like that before.

It was a Cobra kids set driver I was threatening to use to beat @AMart.

Glad I managed to weasel my way out of that embarrassment, lol.

That was my initial problem and likely still my problem with the OL hybrid. I let the ball position drift forward and was also swinging the OL hybrids and 4/5 irons harder. It is a bit of a mind game to believe that a hybrid in the middle of your stance, swung at the speed of a 7i is going to go 200+ yards.

Interesting and will be following with interest to see what down the line are the pros and cons after you have more experience. Nice choice of shafts as well.

I wanna do it.

In my opinion it’s not as easy as that, but one off from 7 could work. You would want to test gaps and get weighting correct.
How would you best choose the length of your OL? What does Cobra say?

How would you best choose the length of your OL? What does Cobra say?
Cobra says 7 iron since that is how they build them. Outside of that they are large proponents in fitting.

If it wasn’t such an expensive experiment I would jump all over this and give them a year. One length game improvement iron, totally opposite of what I play now. If it helped my game I would definitely do it.

Going to be spending some time in the THP Tech Studio today working on yardages to get some averages. I was planning on holding off as I have had a slight issue with my shoulder recently, but the Theragun mini has helped quite a bit, so 18 holes yesterday and some range time today shouldn't be too bad.

One area I am most interested in is the bag from 5 iron to 4 One Length Hybrid.

There are 8 pages in here so I need to catch up.

I think the huge perception shift from

This:

to

is incredible!

What is the reasoning? @phoffer / @Jmk202 OL World Tour?

Bryson winning a major?

the improvement in tech

truly a fascinating evolution in demand from my perspective

There are 8 pages in here so I need to catch up.

I think the huge perception shift from

This:

to

is incredible!

Bryson winning a major?

the improvement in tech

I know for me it’s morbid curiosity and not having anything to play for this coming year, it’d be a perfect year to commit to them and give it a go. And with as much golf as I play, there would be a metric ton of feedback.

Bryson winning a major?

the improvement in tech

This is a really good question.
I think Bryson plays a role.
I think awareness plays a role. As we move into 5 years of it being available it is less "faddy" and more curiosity.

I know for me it’s morbid curiosity and not having anything to play for this coming year, it’d be a perfect year to commit to them and give it a go. And with as much golf as I play, there would be a metric ton of feedback.

Yes to the first and last sentence for me as well.

It’s funny though, I think if you and I dove back through the forum archives we both probably have some post in the early days that was meh OL lol.

I’m trying to wrap my head around the why/how has the tide has shifted so drastically. Even last year I don’t think there were a 1/3 of the people this eager to try it out.

This is a really good question.
I think Bryson plays a role.
I think awareness plays a role. As we move into 5 years of it being available it is less "faddy" and more curiosity.

it’s sooooo wild and so good for Cobra, I wonder if other OEMs will start doing it as well

mind blowing for sure and I’d love to know more details about people’s reasoning

Back