One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

I love reading this thread. I can't wait to start throwing some feedback here after my Morgan Cup setup has arrived and I can start putting it to the test.

HuddieJ I couldn't find the post...but what are you trying? What one lengths specifically as a recap?

Great write up btw!
KING Forged TEC ONE Length
4-PW
TEC ONE KBS $ Taper Lite shafts

Pulled the trigger on a used set today. Now I have to anxiously wait for them to arrive. I'm excited to start this journey and see if it can improve my game. Nothing like kicking the winter blues and wishing for warmer weather than buying a new-to-me set of Speedzone OL.

I have been experimenting with a forged tec 2020 with recoil 110x, kind of a winter fling...lol.. the problem is I am really starting to have feelings for these one lengths, not sure if it’s the one length or how good this combo feels and performs. The problem I am have with putting them into play full time is that I just got all my clubs from Srixon (14 clubs) as I am a Srixon Ambassador this coming season... (I have played Srixon for years so when they offered this to me it was a no brainer, dam you Cobra for making these)..lol

Said on a thread a while back that I wouldn’t order a new set of irons until I could get my handicap to 10. That doesn’t mean I can’t buy a couple. Ordered Radspeed one length 5 and 6 iron. Going to try and blend them with my standard length forge tecs 7-pw. Absolutely killing my forge tec 7-pw. 5 & 6 iron are hit and miss. Anyone know how long the wait is.

Just put these BB&F Co. ferrules on my irons, pumped for the season to start out here in the North-East!
5003F8B8-D05C-4D4A-B540-417380972782.jpeg94B438E7-061C-4BC6-BC07-68A4767ADDBD.jpeg

Just ordered the Radspeed OL irons with Recoil 780 ES shafts. Can’t wait for them to arrive so I can wait 3 more months to use them 😝
Have cobra ship them to me. I’ll break them in for you. :ROFLMAO:

So here's something I'm contemplating...

My oldest daughter (8th grade) just grew 5 inches over the last year and is now in need of new clubs - really in need of irons. She was fit last weekend into men's clubs based on her height and right now senior flex shafts at 55 grams.

As I've been looking for new irons for her - I began wondering about the OL irons and if they would benefit her with only having to learn really one setup with her irons....

So OL Revolutionaries - what say you? Thoughts?

So here's something I'm contemplating...

My oldest daughter (8th grade) just grew 5 inches over the last year and is now in need of new clubs - really in need of irons. She was fit last weekend into men's clubs based on her height and right now senior flex shafts at 55 grams.

As I've been looking for new irons for her - I began wondering about the OL irons and if they would benefit her with only having to learn really one setup with her irons....

So OL Revolutionaries - what say you? Thoughts?

Seems like as good a time as any.

So excited to start this out. Now that the snow is melting (swing some swings outside yesterday) I am really starting to build anticipation for my Morgan Cup setup. Can't wait to share it.

All this OL talk has me considering going back to them. My last foray was with the F7's which I had no qualms with. The gapping was fine throughout my set (4-GW). From the sounds of it, the "long" irons trajectory has improved which is what is enticing me. Not that it was bad with the F7's, but it certainly wasn't towering.

Just finally made it through all 841 posts and still curious. Made a separate post for this but moving it here.

Anyone playing OL and have an opinion on the matched SW (54) vs the MIM OL (56 but can order -2) ? Going in for a fit shortly and very interested in the set.

Also, the utility appears to only come graphite in 4/5. 3 is just steel. Is ordering a 4i with the set worthwhile if I’m thinking the UT in 4 (even if I dial it back to 18), or start at 5i? I don’t plan to game any hybrids as I am a consistent snap hooker with hybrids. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I admit I skimmed some posts here as I got behind.

Thoughts if this hasn’t been discussed too much on the OL thru the sand wedges?

I am a believer in OL as my signature shows, but I didn’t have good luck on the F9 hybrids (3 or 4) in the OL nor have I used much of the OL in wedges.

I am curious to how others felt of staying OL all the way down thru your wedges?

My 5& 6 irons should be here Friday. Will see how the blend with my forge tec.

I don’t have OL wedges, but I think I will try them in the future. I ordered 3 MiM wedges that are all the same length, but they are shorter than my OL clubs. I think I will like OL wedges if I give them a chance.

I have had difficulty hitting the OL hybrids, but after my last lesson that helped my iron swing, I have been hitting them really well this week. I may put them back in the bag soon and have another go with them.

Just finally made it through all 841 posts and still curious. Made a separate post for this but moving it here.

Anyone playing OL and have an opinion on the matched SW (54) vs the MIM OL (56 but can order -2) ? Going in for a fit shortly and very interested in the set.

Also, the utility appears to only come graphite in 4/5. 3 is just steel. Is ordering a 4i with the set worthwhile if I’m thinking the UT in 4 (even if I dial it back to 18), or start at 5i? I don’t plan to game any hybrids as I am a consistent snap hooker with hybrids. .

So I am in a similar dilemma as you. I have the King OL wedge in 56, because for some reason I thought the gap wedge was 50 degrees. Safe to say, I have a sizable gap between the gap wedge and 56 which leaves me in a bind at times. I wonder if I can get the 56 bent down to help with gapping, but then I might need to find a solution for when I'm in a bunker. Decisions decisions

So I am in a similar dilemma as you. I have the King OL wedge in 56, because for some reason I thought the gap wedge was 50 degrees. Safe to say, I have a sizable gap between the gap wedge and 56 which leaves me in a bind at times. I wonder if I can get the 56 bent down to help with gapping, but then I might need to find a solution for when I'm in a bunker. Decisions decisions

Yeah, I’m not as concerned about the gaps as much as whether there is a benefit to going with the MiM vs the matched set sand wedge. Will definitely go OL throughout the set - just don’t know if anyone has experience with both and any benefits in one direction or the other.

I have seen some play their wedges slightly shorter than their one length set (up to the player where to split) but all wedges the same length.
Here is an older but interesting article. I met Matt and he is the one who originally peaked my curiosity in one length. (Matt actually uses two lengths, and has updated his equipment a since this article with some newer tech.
https://www.golfdigest.com/story/br...he-only-one-on-tour-using-single-length-clubs

So I may have gotten my hands on a set of these to mess around with. Not the right shafts or anything, but something I can play around with some.

I go back and forth with these. It has got to feel odd standing over your ball with your PW or SW and your not in your usual stance. Now, I haven't had these in my hand, yet. So, I guess I have to find out where in town has some to go try.

I go back and forth with these. It has got to feel odd standing over your ball with your PW or SW and your not in your usual stance. Now, I haven't had these in my hand, yet. So, I guess I have to find out where in town has some to go try.
I thought the same thing, but getting them in hand and hitting them it really wasn't that much difference and not nearly what I was imagining if that make sense. It's 1.25" longer than the standard PW. That's not much in reality.

I thought the same thing, but getting them in hand and hitting them it really wasn't that much difference and not nearly what I was imagining if that make sense. It's 1.25" longer than the standard PW. That's not much in reality.

I guess you just need to get past the mental part of it. That, I believe for me, would be the hardest part. The only way to know is to go find them and hit em! Thanks @DataDude !

Have experimented with a set a few generations back. Then play @oumagic forge tecs one day while in Arizona. He was kind enough to let me have them for a day.
I have 5 and 6 iron in Radspeed in route. Should deliver tomorrow. Ordered with same i95 shafts as I play in my standard forge tec irons. Will experiment more before I complete the set or possibly stay with a mixed set.

I’ve never swung a OL iron, but that’s pretty much what I figured. An inch and a quarter isn’t much difference, it’s not like I’m standing there holding a driver length PW.

I’d think the biggest thing would just be learning to trust your distances through experience, isn’t it?

I play OL wedges and my wedge game is the best aspect of my game when in season. Was always a terrible wedge player before. But, wedges are the most individual thing for OL, so everyone is different.

Back