One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

Just the stock Kbs steel stiff. I honestly don't know much about shafts but like my kbs graphite shaft in my wilson staff driving iron

Just the stock Kbs steel stiff. I honestly don't know much about shafts but like my kbs graphite shaft in my wilson staff driving iron
👍

Those are supposed to be good and even progressive through the set to help with the OL launch characteristics.

Thanks for your input! I just ordered a 58 degree wide low variable snake bite wedge. I'll keep the 56 degree one length wedge for now and see what feel I prefer. If I like the VL, then I'll grab a 54 degree to match.

I'll circle back to update when these arrive

FWIW I have the 56 MIM one length bent to 54. Still has plenty of bounce for full to 3/4 swings as my VL 58 is my primary club around the green. At 54 the gapping is right about where I want it with the FT OL gap wedge

Hit a bunch of good balls yesterday with my 6 iron which is the same length as my OL irons coming. I am really getting excited to get this experiment going and share with you all.

I've been using an OL 4H Speedzone with the Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85. What an unbelievable combo. Might be the most consistent club in my bag. Love the forged tec OL, but have struggled with the 5 iron. Been considering trying a RAD in the 5 spot. Also just added an OL Snakebite 60 to complete my full set. So far, OL has been a huge consistentcy improvement for me over variable length sets.

Played a quick 9 with them this evening at the local crap course 😂 took me a few holes to get used to them. But the feel of the forge tecs. Coming from GI irons are incredible. One thing I enjoyed was using the gap wedge out of thicker rough close to the green. Struggled with it if the lie was tight. Hit 5 iron a lot off the tee just to get used to them and has me really considering adding a one length utility. I think I may have been about half a club shorter than variable length. But I think that will even out as I get more comfortable cranking the swing speed up a little bit. Only my second time out since the fall. So the swing has a lot to work on

Hit a large bucket with my new OL today. 1st full swings in 4 months, coming off Achilles issues. Got released from doc last week. OL Rad Speed in 4-SW plus a Snake Bite 56 bent to 58*, Recoil 95s in Reg flex. No issues other than being 1st full swings in 4 months was getting use to the weight, coming from s300. It’ll all be fine after a few more range trips, doc said ease back into it!! The Snake Bite wedge is awesome, definitely has some bite to it. Happy after 1 time out with them.

Let's give this a shot

There ya go. To take it a step further, once you attach the photo, click this button and it will be inline in full screen.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 1.15.39 PM.png

Let's give this a shot
This is such a nice looking club! Lately I've struggled to get it in the air, but that might be an issue of my swing speed not being up to snuff.

Ironically, I used to love this club and struggle with the one length hybrid. Now it's the opposite. Gotta love golf sometimes...!

Ordered a set of one lengths through an Ebay auction today. Wishon EQ-NX1's 6-SW, 4-5 Hybrid, and 5 and 7 Wood. Irons are 37", the hybrids are 37.5, and the fairway woods are 41.5. All regular flex graphite shafts with the Wishon White S2S shafts. I had ordered the irons and hybrids online, but there is a several month backorder because of supply chain problems with Covid. These were slightly cheaper, with the Woods being a bonus. Expect to get them in about a week. I'm very excited.

Ordered a set of one lengths through an Ebay auction today. Wishon EQ-NX1's 6-SW, 4-5 Hybrid, and 5 and 7 Wood. Irons are 37", the hybrids are 37.5, and the fairway woods are 41.5. All regular flex graphite shafts with the Wishon White S2S shafts. I had ordered the irons and hybrids online, but there is a several month backorder because of supply chain problems with Covid. These were slightly cheaper, with the Woods being a bonus. Expect to get them in about a week. I'm very excited.
Welcome to the Club! Still love my OL FTB's I was seriously considering getting the New Radspeeds but decided to learn to play better instead!

Hope you like your OL as much as I do!

This is such a nice looking club! Lately I've struggled to get it in the air, but that might be an issue of my swing speed not being up to snuff.

Ironically, I used to love this club and struggle with the one length hybrid. Now it's the opposite. Gotta love golf sometimes...!
I tried it off the tee and off the fairway. I definitely preferred the latter. But it may be just because it was a long work day and rushing out to get to play.

This thead is really heating up. Something tells me it's going to catch fire over the next few weeks.

Feeling itchy myself to get hitting OL!

I just purchased a King OL Utility off of FB marketplace about an hour ago. Time to see if it can kick the 3H out of the bag.....

I just purchased a King OL Utility off of FB marketplace about an hour ago. Time to see if it can kick the 3H out of the bag.....
I've been toying with the thought of trying one of these out, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on it, especially in comparison to a hybrid.

I've been toying with the thought of trying one of these out, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on it, especially in comparison to a hybrid.

I'll definitely keep the thread updated with my thoughts. It should be here next week and I have a week off work so I'll have a few rounds to put it through its paces

Here is my issue that I am constantly running into, and feel like I SHOULD not be running into it. I play 9 through GW almost perfectly. But I still run into 8i through 6i striking inconsistencies. And now I feel like it is in my head a bit. I know lessons will help (I have them scheduled in the future) but has anyone run across this. I am kinda stumped on how to "fix" it.

I’ve only got to go through one large bucket at the range with mine, still nursing the Achilles. I’ve been pitching with the PW-LW and finding that I’m trying to steer the ball instead of just hitting it per say. Is it just a head thought of the ball going to far due to shaft length? I’m gonna try hard over the weekend to get more time in with these. I’ve had some good to great success with previous versions on OL so maybe I just need time. Achilles has had me out since end of January. But man oh man, they seem very forgiving to say the least!

Last edited:
Here is my issue that I am constantly running into, and feel like I SHOULD not be running into it. I play 9 through GW almost perfectly. But I still run into 8i through 6i striking inconsistencies. And now I feel like it is in my head a bit. I know lessons will help (I have them scheduled in the future) but has anyone run across this. I am kinda stumped on how to "fix" it.

A majority of my "bad" shots with the higher OL irons is due to me swinging them too hard. Every shot I try to imagine him hitting a 150yd 8i, which is harder than it sounds when there's a 5i in my hand and and I'm 210 out.

A majority of my "bad" shots with the higher OL irons is due to me swinging them too hard. Every shot I try to imagine him hitting a 150yd 8i, which is harder than it sounds when there's a 5i in my hand and and I'm 210 out.
@tucsoncacti I agree with this. Also, make sure you aren't letting the ball position creep forward on the longer irons. I noticed when I was struggling with my OL 4-6 irons I was swinging too hard and playing a little forward in my stance. I was not as far forward as I normally play variable irons, but certainly I let it creep more forward than my 7 iron.

Just got my clubs today. They are Wishon EQ-NX1s. The set includes 6-SW. 4-5 Hybrid. 5 and 7 wood. Shafts are Wishon S2S White Graphite in regular. 37" for the irons. 37.5 for the hybrids. And 41.5 for the woods. They have Medium Jumbomax grips on them.

Before, I had been using the Strata beginner set from Callaway. I've only been playing since August and typically now shoot in the mid 90s, though I have broken 90. My signature iron shot is a pull 6-8 degrees to the left, with some hook. Woods are typically sliced.

My plan had been to go to the range for a few sessions before playing with them. But its been raining all week and my club's range is closed. So I decided instead to initiate them on nine holes. Play went faster than expected, and better than expected, so I extended the round to a full 18.

The first nine holes were the best I've ever played. I shot a 39 going out, with two birdies, two pars, and no doubles. Better, my iron shots were going straight (or much straighter) and were a big improvement even though I don't know my distances yet with these clubs. I got four greens in regulation on the front nine, which is outstanding for me.

The back nine was good, but not as great as the front. I shot a 45, for a total personal best of 84. Only two greens in regulation on the back nine, which is more typical for me. But the misses were having my put from a few feet off the green, instead of chipping from 30-40 yards to the left.

Chipping with the full length clubs seemed odd, and is definitely something I will need to spend several hours or more working on. On the other hand, it was so great to be able to hit a green from 100-120 yards and have the ball stop. And it was also great going into any iron with a positive attitude, believing that my setup would work, instead of being sure that I would either hit the ball fat, or far to the left.

I'm really excited to see what happens when I get to practice with these a little, and when I decide whether I want to have them fitted/gapped.

As a last point, I thought the Jumbomax grips might be really weird, and they did feel weird at first. But it took almost no time to forget about them, which was made much easier by the shots actually going it the direction I intended.

Back