One shot you wish you could hit

Basic chip shot from next to the green that consistently leaves the ball 5' or less from the hole.

Why? In what situation are you wanting to use that shot?

~Rock
Are you asking why he specifically would want it, or anyone?

Are you asking why he specifically would want it, or anyone?
I suppose specifically him, but I'm curious what anyone's thoughts on it are.

~Rock

Side hill lie, ball below my feet. I haven’t got a place I can practice that shot for the time being.

A Draw

~Rock
I would want to play that shot because it is the sexy shot to play. Not as high a percentage to work out though.

I would want to play that shot because it is the sexy shot to play. Not as high a percentage to work out though.

I can't deny that.

~Rock

~Rock
Well it was really handy in Nebraska to keep them out of/under/power through wind near the green. I still use them for that, and it taught me a lot situations they're useful. Anytime I want to avoid giving the ball over to a release with tons of break or speed, to a back pin or strong ridge to minimize risk of an over carry, etc, etc. They're not for everyone, but they definitely have their benefits. Adds a level of control, if you can control it.

Consistency in greenside bunkers. Lucky for me bunkers around here are sometimes so hard I can hit it with my putter; it hits the lip like a launch ramp up onto the green haha. Actually I've only tried it twice and had success both times.

Last edited:
Greenside bunker.
Been struggling with that for a couple of years now.
It kills my scores

The one-shot I really wish I could execute is the draw shot. I would love to on command be able to draw the ball when necessary around objects or when playing the longer par 4/5 holes with a bend left in them.

Probably greenside bunker shot hit close. I pretty much always get them out now, but they're not very often a realistic putt to actually make. That would be huge for me in my neverending quest for short game prowess!

The shot after piping a drive. The sickening fat chunk that goes half way to the hole is my go to in that situation but the massive pull is always a favorite.

290 - 300 yd drive.

I'd like to have the consistent pure iron shot in my arsenal... the kind you normally only get one maybe 2 per round... the one that keeps you coming back for more. THAT shot right there is the one I want. All. The. Time.

Anything off the tee.... :LOL:

A draw that's not also a pull.

The one hop and stop would be fun! I figure with that I might also reduce putts.

This. If it happens, i did something off.

I don't even try anymore. It just turns into a double cross every time. Better off just hitting it straight. I should actually practice it but I don't.

The Bomb off the Tee. Watching @snafu just launch bombs makes me jealous.:ROFLMAO:

Fairway bunker shot, anywhere in my normal approach shot distance (100 to 200 yds)

Back