one week till i play in my first tourney...

chile

Working with Mercury
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see how my game's many flaws are exacerbated by putting myself into competition...individual stroke play...how was your first tourney experience?

My first tournament was a gross flighted tournament and I won! Shot a net -2. Just went shot by shot and hung in there. It was a fun environment and I had a great time.

My first tournament was a gross flighted tournament and I won! Shot a net -2. Just went shot by shot and hung in there. It was a fun environment and I had a great time.

my goals for this tourney

Best of luck. We used to play a two man better ball tournament and our first year in my father and I won. That was a fun trip

Best of luck Chile!

Good luck in your tournament.

I was a bit nervous my first tournament...for about the first 4 holes.

About then is when I came to the realization that I wasn't the worst player in the field. Heck, I wasn't even the worst player in my foursome.

Never worried about it after that.

Depends a lot on your expectations and how honest you are with yourself in your game. The guys who tend to take several breakfast balls, drop and charge themselves a single stroke for OB, say "double is all I can take" as they're still 40-feet from the green, rake the ball towards the hole from 5 feet away, see it miss and then count it, tend to have these "I don't know what happened - I couldn't do anything right" type of tournaments when forced to count every stroke. Hopefully that's not you.

Those who are honest with themselves and just out to have fun usually have a good time, despite the extra nerves and likely higher score.

Might surprise you man. Sometimes it makes a guy focus a little more, or less, in the good ways. If you go in open to anything, you're bound to enjoy it.

I don't really remember my first one, so it must have been neither great nor terrible. We can't all be clutch right out the gate like @RealPretendPsychic !

it will be interesting to see how my game's many flaws are exacerbated by putting myself into competition...individual stroke play...how was your first tourney experience?

First event I played in was a qualifier for the State Amateur and I think I was +6 after 4 holes then I settled down. Try to relax and focus on each individual shot.

Good luck!!!! Just stay relaxed and you will do great.
Took me 3 tries before I won my club championship, was over after the 10th hole and a lot of fun.

Good luck. I've never played in match play, so the only I advice I will give you is if you have bad shot shake it off & focus on the next.

My first competitive golf was a match play tournament.
Lost the first match 5 and 4, went and had breakfast, waited an hour for the other matches to finish.
Went out and won every match after that to take the B-Side.

Have fun out there, play your own game, and have some fun!

I came in LAST place with a 110. my family friend came in 1st with a -6. A huge learning curve for tournament setting. can i get a break ? I was 14.

I came in LAST place with a 110. my family friend came in 1st with a -6. A huge learning curve for tournament setting. can i get a break ? I was 14.

honestly, i'd be okay with a 110 my first time out on a long course i've never played.

Dont touch your ball by accident, dont rest your sand wedge in a bunker, keep track of balls and course

um we did a father son tournament I tied for first but they used a score on hole 5 or something and I lost.

My first league tourney wasn't bad at all, but my first club tourney wasn't good at all. I do pretty good on my league, but for some reason my local course cleans my clock sometimes. Make light of the bad and rejoice in the good. Just make sure you know the tourney rules though and relax and have a great time! (y)

I've never played in a tourney so all I can say is good luck and hope you enjoy it!

Back