JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New pizza oven from OONI and it seems pretty darn impressive. Increasing size and opening should make it easier for some. I know we got a friend an OONI and he loves it.

I have had my eye on an ooni for a couple months. Need to get the outdoor patio first haha

You find products I've never heard of, regularly. Does anyone need one of these in the house when there is good pizza in town?

• Admin
I have had my eye on an ooni for a couple months. Need to get the outdoor patio first haha

Im debating on adding one to the arsenal soon. 900+ is what I am after and it gets there. Plus we have a natural gas line outback so it can be a direct hookup.

• Admin
You find products I've never heard of, regularly. Does anyone need one of these in the house when there is good pizza in town?

Depends on the person. We love to cook.
I mean nobody needs a golf simulator when there are courses and ranges, right? :oops:

• Admin
Depends on the person. We love to cook.
I mean nobody needs a golf simulator when there are courses and ranges, right? :oops:
You, good sir, raise a point.

I’ve been thinking of Ooni ovens as well. Really like the looks of the Koda.

I think I’m going to jump into the 16 here at some point

That oven looks great....I am looking for a replacement but I need to ensure it can withstand (cook) -30 C temperatures. Looks like a viable option as easy to bring inside when finished.

When I finish my back yard in a month or two, this will be at the top of my hit list. I used one at my friend’s house and made an avocado flat bread that I still dream about. They are expensive, but I bet with a bit of commitment they are worth it.

If I made pizzas at home having an oven like that would be awesome

@JB did you ever pick up a Koda 16? It’s time for me to make a decision and I am debating whether I should wait until the expected November shipping date or pick up a Roccbox that is shipped in a week. I’ll only be using LP since there is no NG line at my house.

I'm wishing I would have pulled the trigger on the Koda earlier this year when they were in stock. Now, it keeps slipping later and later, unless you get your order in soon. I don't want to wait that long for pizza. ;)

I've been debating over the Roccbox as well. Don't really see a downside with the Roccbox.

I'm wishing I would have pulled the trigger on the Koda earlier this year when they were in stock. Now, it keeps slipping later and later, unless you get your order in soon. I don't want to wait that long for pizza. ;)

I've been debating over the Roccbox as well. Don't really see a downside with the Roccbox.
I like the look of the Ooni Koda way more, and I like the bigger size. I’m leaning waiting, but I don’t want to be pushed past November.

@JB did you ever pick up a Koda 16? It’s time for me to make a decision and I am debating whether I should wait until the expected November shipping date or pick up a Roccbox that is shipped in a week. I’ll only be using LP since there is no NG line at my house.
Not yet, but it’s going to happen. I have researched a lot and all roads head to this one. Just waiting for some renovation work to finish.

I like the look of the Ooni Koda way more, and I like the bigger size.

Me too. I'd probably even be fine with the standard Koda, but the Koda 16 would be preferred.

Koda 16 has been ordered from William-Sonoma, as that seems to be the only way to order it with the 16” peel. Expected delivery is middle of November.

This looks awesome, need an outdoor patio though.

looks like you can travel with it which is cool

If and when my wife and I eventually move away from Jersey, I’m definitely gonna have to get the Pro. For me, coal burning ovens make all the difference for great pizza...aside from good water of course.

@smgoldstein - what's your take on the Pro vs the Koda 16? How are the results with burning wood/charcoal/pellets in the Pro? I've heard that the best wood fired pizza (home gamer oven) is just as good as propane, but a bad wood fired pizza (aka: incomplete combustion, bad wood, etc.) can just be terrible.

My friend and I have been debating getting a Pro but I think the Koda 16 is the way to go for straight up pizza.

what's your take on the Pro vs the Koda 16?
I have not tried the Koda 16 or Pro as I have the Ooni 3 that uses pellets. Reminds me of grilling. Gas vs. charcoal. Gas is quicker and easier but there is something to that charcoal taste. If I used it every day or several times a week I would go with the Pro. But since I don't use it every week, I like the old school pellets or charcoal. Makes it more of an art. @JB what says you?

One of these with a cast iron skillet would be perfect for finishing off a sous vide steak!

Back