Opinions on the PXG 0311P irons

Reef Donkey

Reaction score
Handicap
Micheladas
Looking hard at these clubs, along with Sub 70 659 CB Forged irons. Any input from folks who've tried the 0311's or the Sub 70's (or both). Thanks!

I haven’t tried sub70 but I did hit the 0311P irons in a fitting. It was about a year and a half ago so hopefully my memory isn’t too foggy. First and foremost, the PXGs felt super good. Big sweet spot and performed just as good as anything I’ve hit. I liked the Ps but the fitter and I agreed that if I were to proceed I should go with the Ts considering where I’m looking to take my game. I don’t know the specs of the sub70 irons but I’d be willing to guess the Ts are more comparable which were also just as good but a little less forgiving. The Gen3 Ps are a little chunky for a players iron ESPECIALLY in the Gen4s. I’d go so far to say the Gen4 Ps don’t actually fit in the player category. If you can hit both and try to decide or schedule a PXG fitting. Although I ended up not buying anything (I got cold feet), I wouldn’t hesitate to put a set of Gen 3 irons into my bag. If you’re a good ball striker looking to make big strides in your game then I would look at the Ts. If you’re a decent ball striker more so just playing for enjoyment then I’d go with the Ps

I haven’t tried sub70 but I did hit the 0311P irons in a fitting. It was about a year and a half ago so hopefully my memory isn’t too foggy. First and foremost, the PXGs felt super good. Big sweet spot and performed just as good as anything I’ve hit. I liked the Ps but the fitter and I agreed that if I were to proceed I should go with the Ts considering where I’m looking to take my game. I don’t know the specs of the sub70 irons but I’d be willing to guess the Ts are more comparable which were also just as good but a little less forgiving. The Gen3 Ps are a little chunky for a players iron ESPECIALLY in the Gen4s. I’d go so far to say the Gen4 Ps don’t actually fit in the player category. If you can hit both and try to decide or schedule a PXG fitting. Although I ended up not buying anything (I got cold feet), I wouldn’t hesitate to put a set of Gen 3 irons into my bag. If you’re a good ball striker looking to make big strides in your game then I would look at the Ts. If you’re a decent ball striker more so just playing for enjoyment then I’d go with the Ps

Currently game MP-25's. Looking for more forgiveness on mis-hits. I'm most likely going to go with the P's. Gen 3's are $129 per club, and I love the price point.

Currently game MP-25's. Looking for more forgiveness on mis-hits. I'm most likely going to go with the P's. Gen 3's are $129 per club, and I love the price point.
I think the Gen3 Ps are right up your alley then! Large sweet spot and really soft feel

I have the Gen3 P irons and they are a fine club. They are far superior to my ability and do everything that I am capable of trying to get them to do. They are easy to hit and feel great. The looks may be a little overstated but I like it just fine. I trust you are going to get a PXG fitting. Personally I think it is an essential step. I was surprised at the number of places covered by their fleet of fitting vans and there is probably a location near Texarcana. Good luck.

I have the Gen3 P irons and they are a fine club. They are far superior to my ability and do everything that I am capable of trying to get them to do. They are easy to hit and feel great. The looks may be a little overstated but I like it just fine. I trust you are going to get a PXG fitting. Personally I think it is an essential step. I was surprised at the number of places covered by their fleet of fitting vans and there is probably a location near Texarcana. Good luck.

Closest fitting location is around 3 hours away. Bummer

I picked up the 0311P’s last year during one of their many sales. They have worked well so far. I had the Titleist 716 ap2’s before these and the 0311’s are definitely longer and more forgiving than those, for my swing at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve only tried the Gen 2 P’s. At the time was playing i200 irons and I had them built to the same specs as my i200’s in terms of loft and lie. Similar shaft too. I didn’t see any gains in performance so I kept playing the i200’s and returned the Ps. They were really nice looking and feeling though.just didn’t really need the new irons and kinda had buyers remorse at the time.

Had the Gen3P’s for 2 seasons and loved them - great feel, dispersion and turf interaction. Last time I played a set of irons more then a season I was broke! Only reason I switched is to grab the Gen5P’s - great move, even better feel and turf interaction. I’ve hit some fun shots with these so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0311p irons are such a great set. Highly recommend them. Sharp and well made. Great feel and a company that stands behind their product. Cannot go wrong with the 0311p irons.

I got my PXG 0211DC irons at the end of November last year. Now that the weather is starting to warm up, and I'm no longer playing in 5 layers of clothes, I am really, really liking them. Given my success with these, now that Gen 5s have been introduced, the pricing on Gen 3 0311P irons is so very enticing. I am tempted to go for a fitting at the Dallas store to dial in the shafts. If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd be all over these in a heartbeat!.

the 0311P's are 🔥. forgiving and long. the only reason i am not still playing them is because the internet.

Back