Optimal driver fitting numbers according to trackman - chart

flix

banter Viking!
Reaction score
Handicap
EGA 14.6
So i shared this chart in another thread but thought that it could be a good idea to post as its own thread also if someone would be looking for it/something like it. I know it has been posted before but that was also in a thread talking about driver fittings so it would be a bit harder to find.

So here is the optimal #'s for a driver fitting according to Trackman. It doesnt have every swing speed, but it gives you some guidance.

trackman.png

Pretty interesting. Doesn't look exhaustive by any means, but it's good to give you an idea.

Here are Trackman's idea of PGA Tour averages (probably a year or 2 old now)

PGAtouraverages.jpg

Pretty interesting. Doesn't look exhaustive by any means, but it's good to give you an idea.

Here are Trackman's idea of PGA Tour averages (probably a year or 2 old now)

PGAtouraverages.jpg

Interesting chart you had there. Ty for the share :)

Tappin' for world peace!

Interesting chart you had there. Ty for the share :)

Just a grab from the Trackman site. I think you could drown yourself in the numbers and get a bit caught up. They reckon that most amateurs should be looking at LPGA numbers if they are looking to compare. It's interesting, as the LPGA players are more efficient than the guys with their swing speeds, ball speeds and distance/spin numbers.

Just a grab from the Trackman site. I think you could drown yourself in the numbers and get a bit caught up. They reckon that most amateurs should be looking at LPGA numbers if they are looking to compare. It's interesting, as the LPGA players are more efficient than the guys with their swing speeds, ball speeds and distance/spin numbers.

You have a point there. And I also think that it's important to remember it's numbers from tour players and not amateurs. It's not always that good to compare one self towards PGA numbers.

Tappin' for world peace!

Thanks for sharing. I work at a big box golf shop. Going to make copies and give them out to customers.

Thanks for sharing. I work at a big box golf shop. Going to make copies and give them out to customers.

Good idea, might be appreciated :)

Tappin' for world peace!

I don't know how to capture the picture as the_paulo did above but here are the LPGA averages and I fall pretty much in line with these numbers, of course I am 64 years old so that is no surprise.

LPGA Tour averages

Ball Speed (mph)
Verti. Launch (deg)
Horiz. Launch (deg) +/-
Spin Rate (rpm)
Spin Axsis (deg) +/-
Max Height (yds)
Land Angle (deg)
Carry (yds)
Carry Side (yds) +/-
Total (yds)
Total Side (yds)
Driver
3-w
5-w
7-w
4Iron
5Iron
6Iron
7Iron
8Iron
9Iron
PW

MetersYards

Edit, don't know how the PGA averages were copied the 1st time, here are the correct yardages.

Last edited:
These look like PGA Tour averages, no?

Both of those charts seem off. The 2nd seems like PGA numbers IMO.

Both of those charts seem off. The 2nd seems like PGA numbers IMO.

Those have to be PGA. I don't think I've ever seen any of the LPGA gals hit a 7i 172yrds. Heck, I can't hit a 7i that far.

Edit: I should learn to read. The chart does say PGA tour averages.

Those have to be PGA. I don't think I've ever seen any of the LPGA gals hit a 7i 172yrds. Heck, I can't hit a 7i that far.

Edit: I should learn to read. The chart does say PGA tour averages.

I skipped over the PGA title as well because I seen it listed as LPGA in the post. Oops.

Here are the LPGA averages -

LPGAaverage.jpg

Here are the LPGA averages -

LPGAaverage.jpg

Those line up almost exactly with my averages - unless I'm trying to kill it. But I've always felt I should emulate LPGA tour swings. I'm 5'8" and 150-160 lbs. No way I can swing like Dustin Johnson, but I can swing like an LPGA player. I even took lessons for a while from a former LPGA player turned teaching pro for exactly that reason.

I took the chart Flix posted and interpolated it for each mph swing speed. I broke it down by launch angle into three different tables.

alldeg.jpg

thanks for sharing these fellas. I think it's important that everyone knows what optimal #'s they want for themselves. I look at a lot of different things testing shafts and it's amazing to see how much difference a shaft can make when keeping the driver head and golf ball the constant. It's really amazing.

Cool! really nice of you. Rep added!

thanks for sharing these fellas. I think it's important that everyone knows what optimal #'s they want for themselves. I look at a lot of different things testing shafts and it's amazing to see how much difference a shaft can make when keeping the driver head and golf ball the constant. It's really amazing.

Indeed, it has a lot to do with what feels good for you. The numbers isn't everything. Just a guidline :)

Indeed, it has a lot to do with what feels good for you. The numbers isn't everything. Just a guidline :)

I agree. I put a lot of emphasis on #'s but if something just doesn't visually or appeal to me through my hands, I won't game it. I think being optimized mentally can be just as important. Without sacraficing decent #'s though. You know what I'm saying?

I agree. I put a lot of emphasis on #'s but if something just doesn't visually or appeal to me through my hands, I won't game it. I think being optimized mentally can be just as important. Without sacraficing decent #'s though. You know what I'm saying?

Yep, understand completely! I think my current SF driver is ugly as hell, wonder what got in to me when i bought it. It was a sad day indeed.

This is really interesting! This is so great because it gives me a reference of where I should be. According to my SS and attack angle I should have a little more launch than I currently do. This is great!

I'm with you here guys. I'd give up 5 or 10 yards off the tee for a shade more confidence over the ball. You can spend years looking for that perfect set of numbers, but you can't measure the difference a little confidence will make.

I'm with you here guys. I'd give up 5 or 10 yards off the tee for a shade more confidence over the ball. You can spend years looking for that perfect set of numbers, but you can't measure the difference a little confidence will make.

And what you buy or get fitted for (even if it isn't 100% "perfect" numbers) you need to trust. And dont always think about that golden city in the Amazonas of a club that shoots rainbows and unicorns of the tee.

And what you buy or get fitted for (even if it isn't 100% "perfect" numbers) you need to trust. And dont always think about that golden city in the Amazonas of a club that shoots rainbows and unicorns of the tee.

lol @ the Techno Viking posting from some Eastern European Rave!

lol @ the Techno Viking posting from some Eastern European Rave!

haha! Better music in central and west Europe ;)

Back