orange whip trainer - Worth the cost?

never used OW, but thought about it. Seems like good aid for tempo. One admin on other forum (self proclaimed guru), says if you use OW, it will teach you to swing slow.

I’m no guru but what’s taught me to do is not swing slow, but to transition smooth. If I feel it wobble I know I’m jerking my transition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll probably get the Original after things cool down a bit and I find a little extra discretionary income. (I do act sans discretion a lot, though).

I still enjoy using my OW. Use it everyday for tempo training and stretching. It's not going to fix bad set-up and other issues, but it definitely helps you stretch, rotate and transition better. Just my opinion.

I keep mine in the garage. When the kids are playing outside in the evening I will use it to stretch and work on tempo. For me its great when I really need to stretch my back out from a lot of cycling. Have had for a couple of years and still glad I bought it.

It’s the only training aid I’ve bought that I still use.

a couple years ago I was using it for pre-round warm up. Then benched it when I got the Superspeed System.

That system wasn’t really getting me any gains and seemed to wreck my swing. I play to around an 8-10 cap range and all of sudden shot in the 90’s. I sold my Superspeed set and brought out the whip. I Use it on days when I don’t play or hit on the range. I do 30 wrist warmups followed by 20 feet together 9:00 to 3:00 swings. Then take 20 full swings starting slow and building up momentum. I try and do the same thing before each round.

Since starting back with it every round round has been in the 70’s to mid 80’s.

It’s the only training aid I’ve bought that I still use.

a couple years ago I was using it for pre-round warm up. Then benched it when I got the Superspeed System.

That system wasn’t really getting me any gains and seemed to wreck my swing. I play to around an 8-10 cap range and all of sudden shot in the 90’s. I sold my Superspeed set and brought out the whip. I Use it on days when I don’t play or hit on the range. I do 30 wrist warmups followed by 20 feet together 9:00 to 3:00 swings. Then take 20 full swings starting slow and building up momentum. I try and do the same thing before each round.

Since starting back with it every round round has been in the 70’s to mid 80’s.
does it come with instruction video or do you have to D/L one?

prolly would compliment my home made "Hacker Whacker" (Mentioned in another thread awhile back) The HW is a tempo aid and impact identifier, to a limited degree.

Listened to a guy on the course in pairings behind me that had no idea how the Orange Whip worked. I suggest a buy and a great way to warm up.

I love using the orange whip. Especially during winter or days I can’t get to the course, it helps develop a swing feel out in my backyard and I only need about 20 minutes

does it come with instruction video or do you have to D/L one?
I bought mine used. I found a bunch of YouTube videos with various drills.

any discounts on THP? (or did I ask before?, I need Prevagen).

I had an Orange Whip trainer. I used it for a few years but just got tired of it. I put it on here and gave it away with a payitforward….Join Albatross and get it.

Absolutely love mine. Tempo has always been something I struggled with and this brings that into check. On the course if the driver starts to get funky I pull it out in between holes to get things back. Not sure if it's legal or not, but my last few rounds were in the 80s so I don't really care LOL

I think mine was a big part of losing my slice.

You can see the ball and it's super obvious if you're going outside-in with it.

I never really got along with mine. I thought I gave it to someone, but found it just the other day. I may try it again, but for me the SwingRite trainer has done more for my swing by getting me in the right release zone and increasing my swing speed quite a bit.

Back