Ordered the new LiveView LVPro2 (arriving on Tuesday)

mizunoboy

Reaction score
Handicap
Kinda excited. I got the version 1 camera for Christmas last year, and it's been one of the best training aids for my swing during that time. Excited because the video quality is supposed to be much better now, and it apparently can identify the swing based on what it sees rather than relying on audio of the ball-strike. I'll report back if people are interested.

I have my eye on the LVPro2, so I'm definitely interested in any feedback you can provide!

So I've had the LiveView Pro 2 now for a couple of weeks, and it's been very impressive. I had the version 1 camera previously, and there were a few things that were problematic with that version (but obviously still a huge improvement versus just using your phone to take videos):

1. The video was low quality and had very low frame rate.
2. Add to the low frame rate, the biggest problem is that the recorded videos would often drop frames entirely. So the video might show you starting the downswing and then all of sudden you're seeing your follow-through (it would miss impact entirely).

I can happily say that LVPro2 fixes both of these issues with flying colors. Great video quality, never lags, never drops frames. The frame-by-frame playback is about as good as you'd ever need to see all of your swing positions. Also they've improved the "trigger" for the video capture to make it based on your actual swinging motion (the ball strike trigger still exists too), so it makes it more effective in capturing your swing in noisy situations like the driving range.

The new version is pretty dang expensive. But I really think it's one of the best investments you can make to improve your swing. I have a hitting net in the backyard, so I'm constantly hitting balls and working on swing improvements, and the instantaneous feedback you get from the Live View system is invaluable.

I'll post a couple of my own videos here to show you the difference in quality between the two cameras. Never posted a video on this forum, so hopefully it comes across ok.

Here's a video from the old camera:
View attachment 220808192021.mp4

And here's a link to the video from the LVPro2 camera (for some reason, can't embed it directly here -- maybe too big).

The iPhone app that you use to control the camera and view the videos can be a little finicky sometimes, but overall it works fine. I've sent a couple emails to their support in the past with issues, and they've been really quick to respond and fix them in the next update. So that's pretty cool.

Anyhow, that's it for now. Reach out if you have any specific questions.

Thanks for the update! Hopefully the Android app gets the same attention as the iPhone version. If I pick one up I'll post my thoughts here as well.

Anything on Android compatibility?
Looks like a good improvement but the price is high. Not ruling it out and the software is a plus.

I think it supports Android fine. I convinced my buddy to get one for Christmas and he's an Android guy. He seemed to like it, but full disclosure he ended up returning it after a couple weeks. Why? Because his instructor told him the video feedback wouldn't help him. Honestly I'd drop any instructor that didn't want me to use video feedback to improve, but to each his own.

So I've had the LiveView Pro 2 now for a couple of weeks, and it's been very impressive. I had the version 1 camera previously, and there were a few things that were problematic with that version (but obviously still a huge improvement versus just using your phone to take videos):

1. The video was low quality and had very low frame rate.
2. Add to the low frame rate, the biggest problem is that the recorded videos would often drop frames entirely. So the video might show you starting the downswing and then all of sudden you're seeing your follow-through (it would miss impact entirely).

I can happily say that LVPro2 fixes both of these issues with flying colors. Great video quality, never lags, never drops frames. The frame-by-frame playback is about as good as you'd ever need to see all of your swing positions. Also they've improved the "trigger" for the video capture to make it based on your actual swinging motion (the ball strike trigger still exists too), so it makes it more effective in capturing your swing in noisy situations like the driving range.

The new version is pretty dang expensive. But I really think it's one of the best investments you can make to improve your swing. I have a hitting net in the backyard, so I'm constantly hitting balls and working on swing improvements, and the instantaneous feedback you get from the Live View system is invaluable.

I'll post a couple of my own videos here to show you the difference in quality between the two cameras. Never posted a video on this forum, so hopefully it comes across ok.

Here's a video from the old camera:
View attachment 9124075

And here's a link to the video from the LVPro2 camera (for some reason, can't embed it directly here -- maybe too big).

The iPhone app that you use to control the camera and view the videos can be a little finicky sometimes, but overall it works fine. I've sent a couple emails to their support in the past with issues, and they've been really quick to respond and fix them in the next update. So that's pretty cool.

Anyhow, that's it for now. Reach out if you have any specific questions.
Your move at the top, to drop the club down behind you, then in the slot. Is what my instructor wants me to do. It helps to have a visual look at it. It feels likee I'm doing it, but I'm still throwing my hands to soon and am not letting the club drop behind before the swing starts. At lessons I can see it and the next swing accomplish it much better. But at practice range or on the course. I don't think I'm doing it correctly.
Being able to see it live. I can see a lot of advantages. Thanks for sharing.

Your move at the top, to drop the club down behind you, then in the slot. Is what my instructor wants me to do. It helps to have a visual look at it. It feels likee I'm doing it, but I'm still throwing my hands to soon and am not letting the club drop behind before the swing starts. At lessons I can see it and the next swing accomplish it much better. But at practice range or on the course. I don't think I'm doing it correctly.
Being able to see it live. I can see a lot of advantages. Thanks for sharing.
Yes, I've been working on this move for a long while (two years plus), and I still feel like I have a ways to go. But it's starting to get more consistent where "the look" and actual solid contact are lining up more (in my experience, it's common to have one and not the other). I agree that it's harder for me to do it on the course, where my "hit instinct" really wants to take over. In terms of letting the club drop behind, my biggest advice would be to have as little tension at the top of the swing and early transition as possible, especially when starting out and practicing the moves. Especially in the shoulders -- that's where things break down often for me. I'm not an instructor though (obviously) and can only say what has helped me, so take it with a grain of salt.

Back