Orlando area June 13th or possible 14

golfinFF

Reaction score
Handicap
21.9 oob
I will be in Orlando for a wedding and want to play with some THPers while I'm in town.

Anyone available or have some good places to play?

Edit for list of players?

GolfinFF
War Eagle
SparksJr
Tadashi
JB?

Last edited:
I might be able to make this happen.

That would be awesome War! I'm not opposed to driving a bit to make it happen!

I am going to be there all week next week and June 13th happens to be a day I have set aside to play. My short list includes Mission Inn, Falcon's Fire, Royal St Cloud and Kissimmee Bay. I am also playing on the 12th at one of those courses.

I am considering Royal St Cloud and Kissimmee Bay for their all day play rates but would be looking for an early (8am-ish) tee time. I would be flexible though if I could tee it up with some THP'ers.

Keep me in the loop, I may be getting a new drive while I am down there so I will be pretty anxious to play

If we are back in time, I have no issue driving up with War, but I would like to play at a decent course. Rates are so good right now it should not be much of a problem. Sparks, I wont be able to do all day golf, so if you prefer that, I will gladly bow out. Im not a huge fan of either of those courses and with so many great options in that area for so little money now golfers can be picky.

Again, that is just me though and I have no problem bowing out because I would love to see some people get together for this GolfinFF is a fun dude to play with.

I would do the all day golf on Tuesday if you guys are willing to come up and play. I would like to keep the rate around $50 but could push to $70ish if needed. I think Mission Inn and Falcon's Fire are both right at $50 online at at Golfnow.

I'll be honest, with all the talk of Mission Inn lately I really, really want to play it...even if it beats me up.

BTW you guys are the Orlando area experts so if there is another course within reason I would also go there with you all.

I am going to be there all week next week and June 13th happens to be a day I have set aside to play. My short list includes Mission Inn, Falcon's Fire, Royal St Cloud and Kissimmee Bay. I am also playing on the 12th at one of those courses.

I am considering Royal St Cloud and Kissimmee Bay for their all day play rates but would be looking for an early (8am-ish) tee time. I would be flexible though if I could tee it up with some THP'ers.

Keep me in the loop, I may be getting a new drive while I am down there so I will be pretty anxious to play

I might be able to make an afternoon (12th) round but I will be beat from driving all night.

When do you get down here/leave?

I will be in on the 12th and out on the 17th with a wedding on the 15th. I have no clue what is going on the rest of the week but if another day works better for people I'll make it happen.

I would do the all day golf on Tuesday if you guys are willing to come up and play. I would like to keep the rate around $50 but could push to $70ish if needed. I think Mission Inn and Falcon's Fire are both right at $50 online at at Golfnow.

I'll be honest, with all the talk of Mission Inn lately I really, really want to play it...even if it beats me up.

BTW you guys are the Orlando area experts so if there is another course within reason I would also go there with you all.

Just a few things. This is the summer so its off season, we should definitely be able to get rates in that range. Mission Inn is a bit of a hike for some because its quite north of Orlando. Have you played Falcon's Fire? Its good, not great. There are so many great courses there though. If Tadashi is able to make it, he is the man, because he has all the input. Waldorf, Championsgate, Grand Cypress, Orange County National. Then you have Hawks Landing and a few others as well. So many great courses.

Just a few things. This is the summer so its off season, we should definitely be able to get rates in that range. Mission Inn is a bit of a hike for some because its quite north of Orlando. Have you played Falcon's Fire? Its good, not great. There are so many great courses there though. If Tadashi is able to make it, he is the man, because he has all the input. Waldorf, Championsgate, Grand Cypress, Orange County National. Then you have Hawks Landing and a few others as well. So many great courses.

Calling Freddie! :)

I'm not opposed to multiple days, but have to clear it with the mrs. Golf is my consolation prize for going to this wedding

I might be able to make an afternoon (12th) round but I will be beat from driving all night.

I will be in on the 12th and out on the 17th with a wedding on the 15th. I have no clue what is going on the rest of the week but if another day works better for people I'll make it happen.
I would imagine the wedding is on Saturday, the 15th?

I understand, I may just play 18 that morning and use the afternoon to visit Tadashi's friend at Edwin Watts to fulfill my new driver pondering mode.

I have never played golf in Orlando and am just going off what friends have said and what I have heard on THP. I am really open to anything that wont cost me and arm and a leg. I am actually staying next to Celebration so if going South a little helps you guys I am all for it. If Tadashi can make it that would also be awesome because I will most likely need to thank him for my new driver fitting.

I understand, I may just play 18 that morning and use the afternoon to visit Tadashi's friend at Edwin Watts to fulfill my new driver pondering mode.

I have never played golf in Orlando and am just going off what friends have said and what I have heard on THP. I am really open to anything that wont cost me and arm and a leg. I am actually staying next to Celebration so if going South a little helps you guys I am all for it. If Tadashi can make it that would also be awesome because I will most likely need to thank him for my new driver fitting.

Sounds good.

I would imagine the wedding is on Saturday, the 15th?

Yep it is not sure what time or any plans that day. Wife knows I don't care and don't really want to be using my vacation time for it. I hope they have an open bar though!

I am actually not playing on the 12th (got my days mixed up), I will be at Blizzard Beach with the family. It is Tuesday the 11th that I am going to play in the morning and visit Edwin Watts in the afternoon. However, I am 100% in for Thursday the 13th if we can get a group together. Just say where and when!

I could probably make Thursday work

Well if we are going to this we need to do it right. What day are you looking to play?

I am actually not playing on the 12th (got my days mixed up), I will be at Blizzard Beach with the family. It is Tuesday the 11th that I am going to play in the morning and visit Edwin Watts in the afternoon. However, I am 100% in for Thursday the 13th if we can get a group together. Just say where and when!
Do I need to call my buddy at Edwin watts for you?

Do I need to call my buddy at Edwin watts for you?

Chances are high. I am doing this part under the radar of the wife so I have to make 100% sure she is not going to change Tuesday's plans.

I am however, going to tell her that Thursday is set in stone because I will be playing golf with a bunch of cool guys I have never met...and she will not be changing those plans (that sounded real good right?).

It sounds like we could have a crew of 6-8 people. You, spark, war, wake, JB, myself, mard? I can make a few calls (grand cypress, Championsgate)

It sounds like we could have a crew of 6-8 people. You, spark, war, wake, JB, myself, mard? I can make a few calls (grand cypress, Championsgate)

I like it and sounds awesome! I need to look up those courses.

FWIW on Golfnow Grand Cypress has an exclaimation mark for "course alert" listed online.

Tadashi both courses look beautiful!

I'm not sure if anyone else is up for it but 36 holes?

Back