Orlando non-resort courses

Great info!! Thanks as it was moving up to the list. I don't want to take a chance on it being muddy.
Last time I played the Magnolia it was wet. Only one hole was CPO, and the rest were open. Buena Vista is another Disney course that is fun. They have much better drainage there and also have a par 3 island hole. The cool thing about the Magnolia is every hole has a sign with something that happened on that particular hole during it's days on the tour. Really neat history, along with a pretty good course. Plus the fairways are really wide.

Last time I played the Magnolia it was wet. Only one hole was CPO, and the rest were open. Buena Vista is another Disney course that is fun. They have much better drainage there and also have a par 3 island hole. The cool thing about the Magnolia is every hole has a sign with something that happened on that particular hole during it's days on the tour. Really neat history, along with a pretty good course. Plus the fairways are really wide.
I do like wide fairways!! LOL

Mission Inn is probably more out of the way than Bella Collina coming from Georgia heading towards WPB using the turnpike. Both are nice courses, though.

I’m 99% sure the 9th hole at magnolia is constantly CPO. I’m not kidding.

disney does a lot of things right. but the golf is just bad imho

Out of curiosity are there any quality par three courses in or around Orlando?

Why Orlando? I'd stay closer to 95 along the way.....Maybe the pair at World Hall Fame....Slammer/Squire or King/Bear......or one of the courses at PGA Village Dye my fave…

Some good recommendations here. Out of what I've played I'd suggest Juliette Falls near Ocala or Mission Inn El Campeon off the I-75/turnpike route. Not specifically MCO but they should be on your route if passing through. Championsgate Country Club is good as well.

If you are into short courses then Baseline near Ocala is a great one (lush overseed and beautifully landscaped). Enjoy!

Some good recommendations here. Out of what I've played I'd suggest Juliette Falls near Ocala or Mission Inn El Campeon off the I-75/turnpike route. Not specifically MCO but they should be on your route if passing through. Championsgate Country Club is good as well.

If you are into short courses then Baseline near Ocala is a great one (lush overseed and beautifully landscaped). Enjoy!

Juliette Falls is a hidden gem for sure, but quite out of the way from either 75 or the turnpike, in fact I think it might be north of where the turnpike even starts, and pretty far west, probably a 30 minute drive from the 200 Ocala exit. El Campeon at Mission Inn is great. Whoever said it was far off the turnpike...not sure what “close” has to be, but it’s like 10 minutes off, not far at all, and no traffic to deal with. I’ve not played all the other Orlando courses, but El Campeon is awesome, and very unlike most FL courses with the elevation changes. That would be my recommendation if you don’t have to be on Orlando proper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southern Dunes

We've had a group of guys head to Orlando the last few years. We've played all the Reunion courses, Disney, and Championsgate. The course with, by far, the best conditions was Southern Dunes just south of Orlando. It was a challenging course with some pretty difficult green complexes. The price was reasonable also. I'm with DawgGolfer on this one

Last edited:
We've had a group of guys head to Orlando the last few years. We've played all the Reunion courses, Disney, and Championsgate. The course with, by far, the best conditions was Southern Dunes just south of Orlando. It was a challenging course with some pretty difficult green complexes. The price was reasonable also. I'm with DawgGolfer on this one

I have been eyeing Southern Dunes and really like what I see. Did y'all eat anything there on course or around the general area? We would have to eat and then get back on the round right after the round without to much delay.

I have been eyeing Southern Dunes and really like what I see. Did y'all eat anything there on course or around the general area? We would have to eat and then get back on the round right after the round without to much delay.

We just had a snack at the clubhouse so that really doesn't help much. Don't get me wrong, all the courses we played are very nice. It just seemed, others in our group included, that Southern Dunes was just a notch above the others. One commented that it didn't look much like a Florida course. If the course is a anything close to what we saw earlier this year, you should enjoy it.

We just had a snack at the clubhouse so that really doesn't help much. Don't get me wrong, all the courses we played are very nice. It just seemed, others in our group included, that Southern Dunes was just a notch above the others. One commented that it didn't look much like a Florida course. If the course is a anything close to what we saw earlier this year, you should enjoy it.
Southern Dunes is pretty unique to the area and a great Course. I have not been out there since last year but they seem to keep it in great shape and since it is a bit higher priced than a lot of local courses does not get the traffic a lot of the others do.

Juliette Falls is a hidden gem for sure, but quite out of the way from either 75 or the turnpike, in fact I think it might be north of where the turnpike even starts, and pretty far west, probably a 30 minute drive from the 200 Ocala exit. El Campeon at Mission Inn is great. Whoever said it was far off the turnpike...not sure what “close” has to be, but it’s like 10 minutes off, not far at all, and no traffic to deal with. I’ve not played all the other Orlando courses, but El Campeon is awesome, and very unlike most FL courses with the elevation changes. That would be my recommendation if you don’t have to be on Orlando proper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've played many of the courses listed in this thread. Juliette Falls is an awesome sleeper pick and I'd go there before heading to Orlando. Bella Collina is the other top pick - imo.

If a western FL route is available on the way to PGA National and price is flexible, then The Ritz Carlton Members Course near Sarasota (they have guest days on Mondays) is my favorite course in Florida. Streamsong is a worthy option too.

You will not be disappointed. I did not eat at the course, but from what I can remember, they have a nice eating facility.

Southern Dunes.

You can thank me later:p

Royal St cloud is my vote, because it is so uniquely different, it has all the feel of playing Scottish links style golf. 27 holes of challenging golf that is fun.

Just Hacking -- We'd love to hear where you end up at. Hopefully, our group will head back to Orlando next year. We're always looking for other course options

Royal St cloud is my vote, because it is so uniquely different, it has all the feel of playing Scottish links style golf. 27 holes of challenging golf that is fun.
Yep this x 100%, love that place, @dhartman and I get together there every Dec and play a couple of rounds. If it wasn't 1 1/2 away I would play there a lot.
Great suggestion!

I sorted through the top recommendations y'all gave me and asked my playing partners for their top 3. We all had Celebration in our top 3. I had Bella Collina and Southern Dunes as my other 2. One person didn't have Bella and neither had Southern Dunes so we ended up choosing Celebration since it was on all 3 of our lists. Thanks for all the input you guys!!

Back