Orlando vs. Ft Lauderdale for Golf

duskinwade

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello THPers, I’m looking to take a 4 day trip for sunshine and golf next week. Work as a nurse has burned me out this year so I need a quick refresh. Is Orlando or Ft Lauderdale better for golf? I have played the Disney courses in Orlando so I was looking for something new and different. Thanks for the help!

To me personally, Orlando is better for vacation golfing.

i think orlando has more options, though i haven't spent much time in ft lauderdale. i'm not sure i'd say orlando is the most fun-in-the-sun type place, though. lots of traffic, not necessarily the most relaxing place unless you're staying at a resort and want to hang by the pool.

lots of fun courses in orlando, though. orange county national, bella collina, shingle creek, waldorf, and many others.

i think orlando has more options, though i haven't spent much time in ft lauderdale. i'm not sure i'd say orlando is the most fun-in-the-sun type place, though. lots of traffic, not necessarily the most relaxing place unless you're staying at a resort and want to hang by the pool.

lots of fun courses in orlando, though. orange county national, bella collina, shingle creek, waldorf, and many others.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am familiar with both, and I would tend to agree with JB and McLovin unless you go to a specific place. While its not quite Fort Lauderdale, Turnberry in Aventura has some really good deals going on that include golf and hotel. I think the same would be true for Trump Doral. As far a Fort Lauderdale specific courses, I would be happy to recommend a few, but all will involve driving of 15 to 30 minutes assuming you are staying on Ft. Lauderdale beach.

Thank you! I’m leaning towards Orlando, and I am more familiar with it so that helps.

Have a look at Tampa/Sarasota. Some excellent courses and sensible prices.

To me personally, Orlando is better for vacation golfing.

I am familiar with both, and I would tend to agree with JB and McLovin unless you go to a specific place. While its not quite Fort Lauderdale, Turnberry in Aventura has some really good deals going on that include golf and hotel. I think the same would be true for Trump Doral. As far a Fort Lauderdale specific courses, I would be happy to recommend a few, but all will involve driving of 15 to 30 minutes assuming you are staying on Ft. Lauderdale beach.

All this!!

I've been to both Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale a few times. We almost always gravitate to Orlando.

I haven't played much in South Florida, but Orlando (and that I-4 corridor) has plenty of good courses to keep a golfer busy.

Don’t discount Tampa/Clearwater area for golf. I go down to Tampa every spring, and there’s some really good golf to be had down there for pretty good prices. TPC Tampa, Fox Hollow, Innisbrook, and one of my faves on the bay in Tampa is Cove Cay. Really cool course with water views.

Back