It looks like OU and Texas are looking to become SEC members in 2025. Apparently this process is slower than JB Holmes hitting his second shot on a par 5.

legally they have to say that.

this explosion of rumors is them trying to break up the big12 so they can leave earlier and not be stuck with a $150million dollar exit fee.

Snapchat-284857876.jpg

This is an odd letter.

1627401833070.png

this explosion of rumors is them trying to break up the big12 so they can leave earlier and not be stuck with a $150million dollar exit fee.

But, this is so out of character for the program in Austin. :cautious:

Any word on Baylor and their likely move?

But, this is so out of character for the program in Austin. :cautious:

Any word on Baylor and their likely move?

I've heard all kinds of things, it's not easy to sort through what is possibly legit vs completely made up at times.
The biggest trigger would be if the B1G gets scared into making a quick move feeling like they need to keep up with the SEC monopoly.

Ideally, I hope the 8 remain together at least the next few years, grow some balls and vote as a block to drop some vindictive penalties on okie and ut, encourage the refs to not let them win anything, take the $150 million owed and throw them a nice send off party at the end of the contract. Also, the way things are going at this point in 3-4 years the landscape will likely already be completely different than it is now.

When I ran XC/T&F in college, we were only guaranteed to face off against the other conference teams once a season ... during the conference championships. That may differ from other sports that solely rely on a head to head (which swimming, gymnastics, and golf - amongst others - do not), but outside of football, almost every sport can handle their championships in a tournament like fashion which only requires teams to meet each other once a year, in the championship tourney. Does that make seeding difficult because there is no head to heads? Yes, but it's not impossible.
I did a quick survey of numerous sports for my alma mater. Most of them played a semi-regular conference schedule with non-cons against regional competition. That doesn’t mean it has to be that way in the future.

This is true. I also heard that ESPN will pay Texas 160 million for them to dump the Longhorn Network and that will go towards the buy out for OU and Texas so they can join SEC in 2022

This is true. I also heard that ESPN will pay Texas 160 million for them to dump the Longhorn Network and that will go towards the buy out for OU and Texas so they can join SEC in 2022
I saw that report and will believe it when I see it. Opens ESPN up to a bunch of legal issues and texas has never been one to share money evenly.

Ideally, I hope the 8 remain together at least the next few years,

I'm afraid if the remaining 8 don't do anything soon, it'll end up being stuck without a longer term home, and even worse financial situations later. Even if OU and UT paid out millions of dollars to the 8, it still wouldn't likely come close to whatever long term tv contract money that is available in other larger conferences.

I'm afraid if the remaining 8 don't do anything soon, it'll end up being stuck without a longer term home, and even worse financial situations later. Even if OU and UT paid out millions of dollars to the 8, it still wouldn't likely come close to whatever long term tv contract money that is available in other larger conferences.
It’s time for those who can get out, to get out ASAP. And I can say with pretty solid certainty OSU is working HARD to get out.

I don't doubt it a bit, and I'd rather forfeit some of that money that we'd get from a Big12 payout, in exchange for longer term stability in another major conference.

Texas fans are looking like they are more annoying than Bama fans... God help us all.

Texas fans are looking like they are more annoying than Bama fans... God help us all.
They definitely are more entitled.

It will be interesting to see how Texas interacts when they get into the SEC.

It will be interesting to see how Texas interacts when they get into the SEC.
If Texas thought Horns Down was bad in the Big 12….:laughing:

SC plays them annually anyway, like UGA plays GA. Tech...

Yep. Every year like clockwork... one year in Columbia, the next in "death valley"... normally the gamecocks lose. Because they normally suck.

I agree with all of this. And in the end, I have a feeling a whole lot of people are going to watch it burn.
The biggest way to fix this for the NCAA and nobody wants to hear it is to have the NFL involved. They can very easily set some rules in place that forbid some of those items listed in paragraph one.

Pfft. Rules. you mean like their rule "a player must be 3 years removed from high school prior to entering the NFL"? And Maurice Clarett pushed that button... yep. Rules.:ROFLMAO:

Sadly, the only tradition that matters includes lots of Benjamins. Missouri and Kansas had one of the longest football traditions in the country. Poof!. Just think if OSU v Mich disappeared that fast? OSU has a serious advantage for the last decade but it's still a great tradition. I enjoy rooting for almost every opponent of both teams but wouldn't want to see the tradition end. Traditions are a huge part of the college game.

Agree with this. NFL should have minor a minor league system (Arena, Euro, whatever). Baseball and hockey are the models. NBA finally moved this way with the G league.

The student-athlete farse is already fraying. The snap is inevitable.

The NFL had that... Remember NFL Europe?

And... the AAF Alliance of American Football said they wanted to be the feeder league for the NFL. And covid killed them... with help from the NFL player's union.

And the XFL...:confused2:

Which is curious given how they've performed on the field. At least Bama can back it up.

It’s time for those who can get out, to get out ASAP. And I can say with pretty solid certainty OSU is working HARD to get out.
Do you think they'd look west to the P12?

Do you think they'd look west to the P12?
It’s pretty known that’s their last choice, well, next to last before staying where they are. They don’t believe it’d be a stable situation long term or that the conference will last.

Back