Florida
Texas
South Carolina
Arkansas

The Roaming misfits:
Oklahoma
Ole Miss
Vanderbilt
Alabama (sorry they have to go somewhere)

Have to say the buffet is imaginative. And Gator does taste like chicken.

I’m curious now to see where other schools will land from the XII. Because, well, none of them really bring a major brand name or many TV sets. I could see the PAC trying to get one of the Texas schools for recruiting purposes, but that’s not a power add really.

The Other 8 are going to be scrambling to find a home. Although it lacks a significant TV market, the geographical outlier of the Big 12, West Virginia, may be attractive to the ACC.

1DB51BD8-C578-49D6-A067-699D4FFB4BB6.jpeg
I know everyone is talking football impact, but the SEC West in Baseball would be stacked...

The Other 8 are going to be scrambling to find a home. Although it lacks a significant TV market, the geographical outlier of the Big 12, West Virginia, may be attractive to the ACC.
They need to get Houston on the line stat...

TCU is in the bigger TV market of TX though.
I don't think that's true. TCU basically has some of DFW but I'd be willing to bet there are many more Tech alumni in DFW and a ton more throughout the state. Looking at enrollment TCU as of fall 2020 had 11,379 while Tech had 40,322 and is increasing rapidly.

stupid unintentional multi-quote

Texas saying they’ll end the LH network makes me feel like this is essentially a done deal.
it also means the new SEC ESPN money is greater than whatever ESPN was paying for LHN

Last edited:
View attachment 9018100I

Talking about the realignment, this is the one that makes the most sense.
As it protects the yearly rival games that have to happen yearly by making them division games:

The Oldest Rivalry in the Deep South- Auburn vs. Georgia
The 3rd Saturday in October- Alabama vs. Tennessee
The Iron Bowl- Alabama vs. Auburn

I know a lot of people like the annual LSU vs. Florida game, but historically it’s a new thing as LSU and Florida didn’t play every year until expansion (Adding Arkansas & South Carolina). In fact LSU has played Texas A&M more often than Florida in our history (A&M has only been in the SEC for the last 10 years).
If I’m Ole Miss, MSU or LSU this kinda sucks. Basically they’ve joined the old SWC / B12. Unless LSU and the Misssissippi schools have some kind of rivalry that a west coast guy wouldn’t know about. Otherwise Arkansas, Missouri ... yuck. On the flip side the east gets Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.

I wish they could take the ACC, B1G, "B12", PAC12, SEC....kick Rutgers to the curb, add ND. That is 64 teams. spit them up into two conferences...with 4 divisions. dang that would make a great model for determining a champion.....

If I’m Ole Miss, MSU or LSU this kinda sucks. Basically they’ve joined the old SWC / B12. Unless LSU and the Misssissippi schools have some kind of rivalry that a west coast guy wouldn’t know about. Otherwise Arkansas, Missouri ... yuck. On the flip side the east gets Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.
I look at this as just the opposite....LSU is sitting pretty. they could coast then play the winner of the meat grinder that is the "EAST".

I’m curious now to see where other schools will land from the XII. Because, well, none of them really bring a major brand name or many TV sets. I could see the PAC trying to get one of the Texas schools for recruiting purposes, but that’s not a power add really.
The P12 is locked in by geography and culture. To date we have insisted that schools be major research institutions / ranked academically in some manner or another. From memory the only school that really checked the academic box was Kansas and that’s not moving any needles. Getting Texas TVs makes a lot of sense for their upcoming new media deal but it means TX, Zona and Utah/Colorado are in one division and the 4 Ca and 4 PNW schools are in the other. The Zona and Mountain schools want CA access, not Tx access for recruiting - or at least that was a major problem before. But as a Cal fan I’d welcome it.

News out here is there’s talk of USC leading a movement to shitcan Cal, Furd, WSU, OSU, Utah and Colorado then taking the others (UW, Oregon, UCLA and the Zona schools) to merge into a super conference with the B10.

TX-OU move will create a ripple. ND to the Big 10 makes the most sense.
ND to the P12 makes a lot of sense. They already have rivalries with Furd and SC and they fit academically. ND, Kansas and a couple of Texas schools????

I look at this as just the opposite....LSU is sitting pretty. they could coast then play the winner of the meat grinder that is the "EAST".
I wouldn't say that LSU is sitting pretty as much as it is LSU's and OU's division every year. Over the last 10-20 yrs LSU's best teams are way better than OU's but OU has been way more consistent than LSU. Just looking at it today the winner of the LSU OU game would win that division most years. I think OU being in the SEC would teach them to play defense and that could really make them a contender.

ND to the P12 makes a lot of sense. They already have rivalries with Furd and SC and they fit academically. ND, Kansas and a couple of Texas schools????
I think I heard if ND joined a conference it had to be the ACC because of agreements that have been made. Not 100% sure it is accurate.

I wouldn't say that LSU is sitting pretty as much as it is LSU's and OU's division every year. Over the last 10-20 yrs LSU's best teams are way better than OU's but OU has been way more consistent than LSU. Just looking at it today the winner of the LSU OU game would win that division most years. I think OU being in the SEC would teach them to play defense and that could really make them a contender.
But does LSU remain LSU now that they aren’t playing Bama, et al every year? Their recruiting profile arguably just changed a good bit.

I think I heard if ND joined a conference it had to be the ACC because of agreements that have been made. Not 100% sure it is accurate.
The ACC's 20-yr grant of rights deal signed in 2016 extended ND's all-but-football membership through 2036. I'm $ure they could find way$ out of it, if de$ired.

The P12 is locked in by geography and culture. To date we have insisted that schools be major research institutions / ranked academically in some manner or another. From memory the only school that really checked the academic box was Kansas and that’s not moving any needles. Getting Texas TVs makes a lot of sense for their upcoming new media deal but it means TX, Zona and Utah/Colorado are in one division and the 4 Ca and 4 PNW schools are in the other. The Zona and Mountain schools want CA access, not Tx access for recruiting - or at least that was a major problem before. But as a Cal fan I’d welcome it.

News out here is there’s talk of USC leading a movement to shitcan Cal, Furd, WSU, OSU, Utah and Colorado then taking the others (UW, Oregon, UCLA and the Zona schools) to merge into a super conference with the B10.
Money talks.

But does LSU remain LSU now that they aren’t playing Bama, et al every year? Their recruiting profile arguably just changed a good bit.
How? They’re still SEC, that in itself will keep recruiting rolling.

when OU is your only "real competition". that is way better than ALA, UGA, FLA, AUB. I call that LSU sitting pretty.

How? They’re still SEC, that in itself will keep recruiting rolling.
SEC recruiting in Tx is now “officially” divided 4 ways. And it’s different not playing the premiere schools in a conference regularly. It’s a different recruiting message and something opponents can use to recruit against them.

If I’m Ole Miss, MSU or LSU this kinda sucks. Basically they’ve joined the old SWC / B12. Unless LSU and the Misssissippi schools have some kind of rivalry that a west coast guy wouldn’t know about.
We'll be fine.

Money talks.
I know it should. But we’ve got a lot of egg head academics that think we should be Ivies. They balked at OU, UT, Ok State and Tech last time.

ASU in the Big Ten would be interesting to say the least. I think it’s more likely that some Big 12 schools join the P12.

I know it should. But we’ve got a lot of egg head academics that think we should be Ivies. They balked at OU, UT, Ok State and Tech last time.
Tech is a Tier 1 research university now which I believe we just got 2-3 years ago. Not Ivey league status by any means but they also churn of a bunch of really dumb "smart" people.

I will say the one thing I would not like if Tech joined the PAC would be the 7:00 kickoffs on the west coast. I would not be a fan of staying up until 1-1:30 in the morning to watch the games.

What’s getting lost in all of this is that Gainesville (UF) continues to erode the prohibition of having an open container of alcohol in public. Who can blame OU/TX from wanting to participate in that?

Also, who do I need to speak to so that all of the open container tickets my friends and I got 15 years ago can be expunged?

I know here in Kentucky that Louisville got so lucky getting into the ACC. I have no idea how they swung it, but the were stuck in a falling apart Big East trying to get into a tenuously held together Big 12 and somehow ended up in a a very stable spot in a conference they don't really match the profile of. Of course 3 years later their President and AD got fired and $240 million was missing from the University's endowment so maybe I do know how it happened.

Back