Our New ICON i40 Golf Cart

Great color !

I was going to ask about the seats as they look very skinny in the way of padding.

Similar to most honestly. Step up would be the Club Car Premium, although custom seats after the fact can go even nicer than that, from places like El Tigre and others.

Similar to most honestly. Step up would be the Club Car Premium, although custom seats after the fact can go even nicer than that, from places like El Tigre and others.

Maybe I can sell the wife on new seats from those places rather than buying a whole new cart.

Thanks for the tip !!

Congrats JB. I think it was a great choice. I have loved mine, but the long term reliability still makes me a bit nervous. That said, mine has about 100 miles, and my buddy with the same I60L has over 400 on his, and we have not had a single issue, other than the new speedo cluster to correct a state of charge issue. Drive it like you stole it.

Pretty cool looking and hav never heard of this company. Assuming the pricing is in line with their competition?

Pretty cool looking and hav never heard of this company. Assuming the pricing is in line with their competition?

Yes, if not a little less.

Congrats JB. I think it was a great choice. I have loved mine, but the long term reliability still makes me a bit nervous. That said, mine has about 100 miles, and my buddy with the same I60L has over 400 on his, and we have not had a single issue, other than the new speedo cluster to correct a state of charge issue. Drive it like you stole it.

I think that is valid. Tons of breakdowns out there that say this thing is rock solid though. Good news is the company is flourishing and being picked up by a lot of dealers growing their network. Which says viability should exist. The next good news is, its a golf cart. If something goes, its not hard to get it replaced.

Great call on the colors. Looks good.

I think that is valid. Tons of breakdowns out there that say this thing is rock solid though. Good news is the company is flourishing and being picked up by a lot of dealers growing their network. Which says viability should exist. The next good news is, its a golf cart. If something goes, its not hard to get it replaced.
100% agree. I’m just not sure if there are spec parts like the shocks. My guess is that a lot of the Yamaha parts could be made to work, but I have never tried.

The dealership network has been growing and is really impressive. I am happy with my choice, looks like you are too.

When are we going to race?

That would come in handy for some speed golf! Beautiful ride!
If you've played with @JB there is no other golf than SpeedGolf. 😂 Beautiful cart!

• Haha
Reactions: JB
100% agree. I’m just not sure if there are spec parts like the shocks. My guess is that a lot of the Yamaha parts could be made to work, but I have never tried.

The dealership network has been growing and is really impressive. I am happy with my choice, looks like you are too.

When are we going to race?
You and your programming cable haha.

that looks awesome! color is really great.

Have been looking for quite a while and after testing out all of the brands, we got an ICON i40 golf cart. If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask here or in the ICON EV thread here.

It’s not often that we agree but I love that color. Can’t wait to see more of it.

Nice looking cart, congrats! I actually dig that color, it stands out without being garish. What's the mileage range on a charge?

Nice looking cart, congrats! I actually dig that color, it stands out without being garish. What's the mileage range on a charge?
@BigDill probsbly has a better idea, but most are between 25-40

@BigDill probsbly has a better idea, but most are between 25-40
That’s accurate. Living in hot south Florida, the range can be a bit better because of the higher temp. The reality is that the lead acid batteries can’t really go below 35% and still move the cart. So realistically, I would say around 30 miles is the number so long as there isn’t another big voltage draw.

If you are like JB and I and have a lead foot, overall distance will be lower. If you were driving with the aim to maximize range, and its above 80 degrees, and you only have the driver, I wouldn’t be surprised to see close to 40 of possible range. I wouldn’t push it that far though, especially with the onboard charger malign it easy to make a quick stop and charge up.

that is gorgeous! Such an awesome looking cart. And to be able to go that fast is impressive.

We took Arrow for a golf cart ride last night for 3-5 miles and he just loves it. Cart continues to impress with speed.

I’m going to do a battery log and see how much mileage varies on charges but so far with me driving it at top speeds basically all of the time I’m getting about 30 miles before heading towards 50% where it needs to be recharged.

Snappy rig. As others have mentioned, great color too. Looking forward to the day we live somewhere that we can spend our mornings playing golf and bopping around the community in the cart the rest of the day.

That color is absolute 🔥 @JB. Who picked it out?

@JB i just realized something my ICON does that yours may not…..pick up Cuban pastries for breakfast 😂. @GolferGal knows what I am talking about.

28D35793-DABC-4E68-B268-9DC8425320A0.jpeg

(I know I am going to regret this post when JB tells me all the awesome foods he can drive to, but I like to live dangerously.)

Great looking cart @JB. The color is perfect

@JB i just realized something my ICON does that yours may not…..pick up Cuban pastries for breakfast 😂. @GolferGal knows what I am talking about.

View attachment 9018352

(I know I am going to regret this post when JB tells me all the awesome foods he can drive to, but I like to live dangerously.)

Cuban food is missed so much. We have a few, but nothing I am getting from a golf cart.

Love it! We live in a neighborhood that has steep hills. Some golf carts can't even make it up at times. Have you had the chance to see how it handles on inclines? I'd love to hear feedback so I can convince the husband I NEED one to go to the pool 🤣

Love it! We live in a neighborhood that has steep hills. Some golf carts can't even make it up at times. Have you had the chance to see how it handles on inclines? I'd love to hear feedback so I can convince the husband I NEED one to go to the pool 🤣
We have a 48v and it handles some of the hills pretty well. Although if I lived in a neighborhood that was very heavily inclined I would probably go gas. And if it was gas it would be a Yamaha Quiet Tech 2

Back