Our New ICON i40 Golf Cart

Love it! We live in a neighborhood that has steep hills. Some golf carts can't even make it up at times. Have you had the chance to see how it handles on inclines? I'd love to hear feedback so I can convince the husband I NEED one to go to the pool 🤣
The prior models of the ICON line (2020 and prior) mostly came with a 4kw motor, which was sluggish in hilly areas (like California). In 2020, some carts sent to those hilly regions were sent with a 5kw motor, which I understand will start to be the standard as time goes on. You can tell which motor your ICON has by looking at the build plaque next to the pedals. From what I hear, the 5kw motor handles hills without an issue.

F3D83591-2E8C-458F-A032-A01019E1165C.jpeg

We took Arrow for a golf cart ride last night for 3-5 miles and he just loves it. Cart continues to impress with speed.

I’m going to do a battery log and see how much mileage varies on charges but so far with me driving it at top speeds basically all of the time I’m getting about 30 miles before heading towards 50% where it needs to be recharged.

My pal, Buddy, is always asking for a golf cart ride. 😀
941A821F-016D-49F5-BA48-77D692E0DC4C.jpeg

We have a 48v and it handles some of the hills pretty well. Although if I lived in a neighborhood that was very heavily inclined I would probably go gas. And if it was gas it would be a Yamaha Quiet Tech 2

The prior models of the ICON line (2020 and prior) mostly came with a 4kw motor, which was sluggish in hilly areas (like California). In 2020, some carts sent to those hilly regions were sent with a 5kw motor, which I understand will start to be the standard as time goes on. You can tell which motor your ICON has by looking at the build plaque next to the pedals. From what I hear, the 5kw motor handles hills without an issue.

View attachment 9018366

Thank you for the help guys!

@JB i just realized something my ICON does that yours may not…..pick up Cuban pastries for breakfast 😂. @GolferGal knows what I am talking about.

View attachment 9018352

(I know I am going to regret this post when JB tells me all the awesome foods he can drive to, but I like to live dangerously.)

oh man, that is straight from my childhood. Any guava and cream cheese ones in there?

oh man, that is straight from my childhood. Any guava and cream cheese ones in there?
Not today. My kids go croquettas, and my wife wanted a tostada. I went 1 coconut and 1 beef with my pastries today. I earned it this week.

Not today. My kids go croquettas, and my wife wanted a tostada. I went 1 coconut and 1 beef with my pastries today. I earned it this week.

Those all sound amazing!! We used to get Cuban food all the time when I was a kid. My great uncle used to work over by Brickell in Miami and we would go get Cuban coffee and pastries every time we would visIt.

Sweet looking cart! Congrats!

Back in town and decided to give Arrow a fun golf cart ride for the day. Dogs just love the cart

The Icon looks awesome! The speed would be a lot of fun to play around with people on the course.

Oh wow 🔥 Congrats!

I live up here in Michigan, and does that thing include snow tires for winter time?

That's a sweet looking ride. Glad the dog likes it as well. Does the pup ever call shotgun I wonder.

I live up here in Michigan, and does that thing include snow tires for winter time?
Not really snow tires per se, but if you get the I40L option, it comes lifted and with knobby tires like this:

C6773E93-B7B6-4A3F-8B48-6388D73DFC90.jpeg

Back