JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Golfer Gal and I each have separate offices at home. Mine is always messy and hers is always clean. It is starting to bug me how nice hers is. Time for me to make the change.
P1000163-1.jpg

P1000164.jpg

urs isnt very dirty JB, its actually pretty clean imo. hers is perfection though so its not a fair comparison

I'm with him - a lot of it is the cords not being tucked away out of sight in your picture - that's what that style of desk does.

Store the boxes in a closet and empty your wastebasket, straighten your books, really I think you'd be fine. :smile:

• Admin
Closet? We have 4 closets. Master we share. Each of our offices is our golf closets. Downstairs is jackets.

Closet? We have 4 closets. Master we share. Each of our offices is our golf closets. Downstairs is jackets.

LOL, so then, your excuse is....? :angel:

• Admin
Thats the problem, I dont have one. I guess because I work from home and she goes to an office, mine is used more. But in reality, it is sheer laziness.

Looks like the only thing you're lacking is a mat for your chair to go on so you don't tear up the carpet. Maybe hers too, but I can't tell. I won't take a picture of our respective area of the office (ours is one big 14 x22 room that we share. Especially mine - - - that's a mess.

I always thought it would be cool to have one big office with a partners' desk. That would make sending each other emails all day even weirder.

But it could be worse, JB. At home, Hubby's "office" is the boiler/storage room in the basement. The one with asbestos hanging off the pipes (well, not really) and camel crickets visiting.

I get the family room, which means I have to fight the kids to get to my own computer.

JB forgot to mention that I spent hours of blood sweat and tears putting that desk and chair together. Ok maybe not actual blood sweat and tears but it was hard work!

Dont believe anything she says.

if i showed you my side of our "office", you'd pee your pants.

edit: here JB, this should make you feel real tidy.

Image31.jpg

NVM,
Is that a Commodore 64 Computer from back in the day??/

Just kidding.

Mike's office may be hopeless, but Josh, I have a couple of words for you:

Molding
Paint
Area Rugs
Art on Walls

Cm'on--let's turn this into a decorating thread! Josh clearly needs some help here.

Josh needs NO help in decorating. Crown Molding yes. But there is art on every wall in my office except one. And that is because a bookcase is going there. We have art all over our house.

Josh needs NO help in decorating. Crown Molding yes. But there is art on every wall in my office except one. And that is because a bookcase is going there. We have art all over our house.

But... I LOVE giving unsolicited advice! You need baseboards as well as molding. And definitely some color on those walls. You get lots of natural daylight, so you can go with something really saturated. Faux finishes are fun, too.

We have baseboards Claire.

We have baseboards Claire.

Yeah, but those are builders' standard. Interesting baseboards. Never mind me--I need to go pay attention to the Boo.

That is not too bad at all. My desk is currently filled with flowers and.. coffee mugs.

Some trim would help, crown moulding is a tricky thing, it's a fine line between attractive, and gaudy (both at purchase, and the installation)

You also need desperately a cable management system. Whether you find a rack, use some loom, or a bunch of zip ties and cleverly hide everything, it takes time to do it well, and make it look good.

Since it's a man's space, perhaps a chair rail (and maybe wainscoating), and some earth tone colors would help to make it feel more comfortable. You can give it a warm, inviting feel that way.

I'd gladly trade you situations...

My house is tiny, there is no office, just a corner in the bedroom with a desk. I dream about the day I can have my own space. It'll likely need to be in the barn, so I can smoke cigars and do whatever I want without it being taken over by the girls.

did some cleaning last night... my own version of my office (just a few clubs lying around)

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0046-1.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

There's the Grateful Dead putter cover!

Back