Outdoor Propane Heater

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It’s going to be 50’s and raining for our tailgate this weekend, which has me looking at a propane heater. I’ve seen the cheaper Mr. Heater and it works, but is it worth upgrading to the omnidirectional one or the Craftsman?

2583F82A-50F7-4056-B018-F55B8D5165AF.jpegCE1B7B9F-F28E-47F1-B592-24037B4EE2ED.jpeg652151FB-8170-43B8-9C79-4321D6656FC2.jpeg

The directional one will work well, especially if you aren't planning on having it in the middle of the crowd like a campfire. The heat won't get wasted going off to where no one is standing.

The Craftsman one would be awesome for in the (door open) garage while working on a car or something. It would be pretty nice for the tailgate too.

I've used the forced air type in garages while working on cars and they work. Its like having your own jet engine, but you can get a little closer to it if you need to warm your hands or something.

You guys are soft. We don't go to the propane heater at my son's lacrosse games unless the temp is below 30* which given that he starts in Feb in Vermont is often.

Seriously though they do work well. For a tailgate I like the middle one because more people can huddle around it.

Additionally the chemical toe heater and handwarmer packets are awesome for this. I have a circulation issue and the toe heaters are a god send for me.

depending on the layout of the tailgate I think I go omni to allow folks to huddle around, but at 50 maybe just the cheap one for folks to warm up with if needed

I have no idea what type ot propane heater that I was dining under "al fresco" after dark in California! It did a wonderful job! Kept me warm as well as keeping my food from cooling off too fast! Both considerations are important.

This brings back the origin of the French habit of many small portions! This arose in the mid 18th century, when a French country dining room, heated by fireplace, might be 55 to 60 degrees F! This is what also lead to pewter "chargers". A heated piece of metal designed to keep your meal warmer than it might have been. I notice that none of the internet notifications about this phenomenon mention that, but wine based manuscripts do!

Tht may be because "cellar temperature" may have been alot colder back in the day. They were more subject to natural phenomena than we are!

Back