Overseed season here in AZ

Those of us who live places where the courses will soon be closed for 3-4 months don’t have a ton of sympathy for a two week closure :)

I would say get some range time in and maybe travel to a course you wouldn’t really get to to play a round or two.

Those of us who live places where the courses will soon be closed for 3-4 months don’t have a ton of sympathy for a two week closure :)

I would say get some range time in and maybe travel to a course you wouldn’t really get to to play a round or two.
It's a 2 week closure then 4-6 weeks of CPO with less than ideal conditions. Greens furry, FW soaked to get grass to grow, etc. Then after that the prices go up and all the tourist come in and take our tee times.

Compounded with all the price increases due to supply chain issues and normal tourism is that we have Super Bowl and WMO in the same week in 2023 and the first real spring training in 3 years. Not only are the "good" courses getting booked but our local hidden gems are getting booked and pretty much all of the local discounts are gone. I can play a course for say $35 during the summer and it will probably be at least $200 after the new year. It will probably jump to $125 after overseed. So we are paying premium rates from Nov-April and sometimes into May.

As noted by @echico, overseed and the impending ludicrous rates and lack of tee times means, for locals, the equivalent of courses closed for 3-4 months. I will not play 95% of the courses in AZ again until May next year.

And the range time you suggest: Most courses are now $40/day to hit balls (even if just chipping). The travel is literally lengthy travel to find a scrub course for under $100.

Back