Oversized golf balls yes legal

armidwestgolf

Reaction score
Just all in the cartoons! They had great results. ONly 20 dollars a box.

Nothing new. Been around awhile. RS even tested the previous big balls last year. I think TopFlite had the Magna balls many years back. Callaway(?) bought the Magna name and released them

I remember playing the smaller European ball many years ago. They went further too.

Not sure if I could play these, but it would be neat to try.

BOP! Hi GOlffest!

There was a minuscule difference in diameter but not weight years ago, 1990,
l recall hitting a few . Physics would suggest the small diameter would have increased distance to the now unified standard ball , if all the variable were identical for each stroke.

There was a minuscule difference in diameter but not weight years ago, 1990,
l recall hitting a few . Physics would suggest the small diameter would have increased distance to the now unified standard ball , if all the variable were identical for each stroke.
hmmm... it shows that the larger ball also gave this golfer increased distance. At least not a shorter distance because he overhit the green with wedge, and drove a par 4 with it. only thing is, it is harder to putt.

Ian
hmmm... it shows that the larger ball also gave this golfer increased distance. At least not a shorter distance because he overhit the green with wedge, and drove a par 4 with it. only thing is, it is harder to putt.
[/QU I am thinking about the older balls back in the 1990s period , not the newer balls , they are superior performance and construction, and quality standards would be higher .

Its harder to putt in, especially with the flagstick in, and he had a hard time hitting it out of a bunker.

Hi Camden kid

would I ? ABSOLUTELY NOT TTT.

I have enough trouble getting it in the hole as it is. I watched this earlier today and even he said there was barely any margin for error. Maybe when flagsticks can come out again these might be alright. (i have enough balls to lose first before I buy these). I did think he had got the HIO for a second too though.

I used to use the Top-Flite Magna on tee shots in scrambles; I loved the way it would roll out on drives. If they had a premium ball that was oversized, I'd give it a try.

Funny, I’d just seen Rick Shiels video the other day. I never new these balls existed, but today, I found one in my bag. I must have found on the course. I didn’t realize what it was until I went to put it in the small ball washer located on the cart and it wouldn’t fit.

Rick gives fair reviews I trust his evaluation of this.

i would also try a premium ball of larger size.

Back