Oversized Visors - Sound Off

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Been around for a long time and many of the older ladies at our previously club loved them. They also seem to be liked by some at the tour level including (but not limited to) Bubba Watson and Brandt Snedeker.

Sound off!
Good look or absurd?

You know my stance.

Big.dumb.visor

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Just plain goofy looking to me.

There is nothing attractive about them at all.

Posted via Tapatalk.

Absurd gets my vote.

I like and would wear one if it had a top. Not because I like the design but for sun protection. Two basil cell carcinomas removed will start making you love that kind of sun coverage. I just bought an Australian Soak er hat that probably looks worst than the big visor but again, I like the 50 spf protection!

Would you consider Bubba's visor to be big? I thought it was standard size. I'm a fan and prefer the visor over a lid. If bubba, Sneds and Applebee wear big visors, I likes the look.

Grace Park and some of the girls in my opinion wear the big visors, not a good look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you consider Bubba's visor to be big? I thought it was standard size. I'm a fan and prefer the visor over a lid. If bubba, Sneds and Applebee wear big visors, I likes the look.

Compare the visors of someone like Brian Gay to Bubba's. They are definitely oversize.

I don't like them either.

I'm an "older" lady who just bought an oversized hat. I wore it yesterday and felt totally ridiculous! I took it off after a few holes. I'm self-conscious in baseball type hats, oversized hats, and even visors. I need the protection from the sun badly but I haven't found a hat that I like yet!

The big visors & painter / military hats do not bother me . But what really bothers me is the sponsors plastered all over a shirt , makes me think I am watching a Bass Masters fishing tournament then Golf !

Im not sure how I like them to be honest. Ive never had a chance to try one on, but would have an inkling that it would look dumb on me. To my it looks proper on Bubba or Sneds, maybe just because theyve been wearing them for so long. I would love to see Bubba wear a normal hat for a tournament, just to see what it'd look like.

I love the oversize visors! Carl Petterson's and Bubbas are the best on tour. Painters hats, bucket hats, and most any other contraption that can be worn I like and would wear myself...

I am against all visors, but mostly because I shave my head and won't wear them (would leave a horrible tan line). I think the oversized visors look pretty dumb, but if I was getting paid big bucks to wear a lable, sure I would do it if they asked. To each his own I guess. There are a lot of things that pro golfers can get away with wearing that the regular guy can't.

Absurd! I don't like the look of visors in the first place, but you add in the oversize and I think it looks stupid. I think a lot of these golfers are looking different, just to look different now and stand out.

Last edited:
Regular size visor = good, large visor = goofy looking.

I like them and wear them. I have a large head (one-size-fits-all doesn't work), and actually the standard size visors look absurd on me.
However, I think some of the lady's visors take it to an extreme level, and those I don't care for.

They look terrible IMO. Id never rock one but if you do that's fine with me.

Tapatalk: better on the iPad

Not a big fan... I still think bubba's looks like a T-rex's toe nail.

But it is harder to read the "PING" on the smaller visors.

i like them. i wear them regularly. different strokes for different folks is always my take. when you have a giant fro like mine, you have two choices....stick it out the back of the cap hole or string it up. the visors work the best and they block the most sun/glare on my face.

Anna+Rawson+Casual+Hats+Sun+Visor+1l9vIrG9XiUl.jpg

Anna+Rawson+ShopRite+LPGA+Classic+Round+One+aEXCY7xCGr_l.jpg

hideous.

Back