Oversized Visors - Sound Off

Don't like 'em; painter's hats either.

Absolutely. I dislike the painter's hats more than the oversized visors. It makes Ricky Barnes look even more like a horse. Gmac gets a pass, because, well he is Gmac and the coolest cat on tour right now IMO.

I'm one of the few that likes a visor and it's benefits, but I can't stand the ones like Watson and Snedeker wear. Looks like a kite landed on their head.

I'm stuck too. I sweat like a hydrant, so baseball caps get real hot, real quick. Visor are cooler temp wise on me, but don't provide as much as sun protection as I'd like.

I'm starting to look around at some hats that offer better protection than just a baseball cap OG. Just can't find something that looks comfortable.

Let me know what you find. I'm getting real close to rocking a Snead style straw hat. I am concerned with protecting my ears after my Grandfather and Uncle both had spots removed last year. I want more than just sunscreen since I sweat so bad it doesn't last long.

I love the old school look of the big visor. I have a TM one I rock quite often. I also wear hats and regular visors. I wish I could find a PING one like Bubba's, I would rock it too.

I think we have a 1 SUPER OLD SCHOOL Ping visor. It's high crowned b/c it's from like 15 years ago - but never been worn. I'll try to get a pic up soon with it.

Let me know what you find. I'm getting real close to rocking a Snead style straw hat. I am concerned with protecting my ears after my Grandfather and Uncle both had spots removed last year. I want more than just sunscreen since I sweat so bad it doesn't last long.

My dad wears a straw hat - like the Panama styled ones. We have a few in store too. He loves them b/c they are cool and offer more sun protection on the face and neck. They aren't cheap either - I think they retail for around $80. Not many young people wear hats like that, but I think they look nice.

I'll try to post pics of both of these hats tomorrow, when I'm actually in store (I'm home today with a sick kid).

I'd rock an oversized visor.....bridgestone please

When I wear a non-baseball style cap, it's a Kangol 504 or 507 and the visors on those are very small- I need to wear sunglasses with those.

For others, if it's comfortable, go with it. I'm on the course to play golf, not judge a fashion show.

Kangol 504 or 507? My man, you may not be judging a fashion show, but clearly your style is fly!

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned the straw hats, which I love. I occasionally rock one of these on the course:
52-05093-F.jpg

No love for the oversized here either, standard fits fine.

I like em. I just picked up a Master one on ebay and plan on grabbing the bridgestone too.

I rock a big Bridgestone one every now and then a la Sneds....

I like them but wouldn't wear one. To me it all depends on the size of your head or I guess really how much hair you have. Guys like Bubba and Brandy have lots of hair and thus can pull it off. My brother in law wears one and also has lots of hair. Seems like that's the major difference is the guys that wear them vs. ones that don't.

I'm wearing visors everyday of the 2012 outing, even to after hours events. I'm talking the Grace park type visor ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back