Ozarks in April - course recommendations?

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
Guys trip to the Ozarks in late April and looking for golf course recommendations. Post em up.

Assuming Lake of the Ozarks? The Ozarks make up a large area.

We're staying in Osage Beach. Unfortunately, there is a tournament at the Oaks at Margaritaville the weekend we are there.

Old Kinderhook is really nice.

I have played the Cove and The range as well. They are only ok.

Iv never played it, but I hear from multiple people Lake Valley Golf Club in Camdenton is pretty legit.

If you are not afraid for a little pricey greens fees, The Club at Porto Cima is super nice as its semi-private. Its also super challenging as its a Jack Nicklaus design. Signature hole #16 par 5 down the hill and the green is on a peninsula going out on the lake. Bring some balls with you, but I would play it again in a heartbeat.

Osage National and Old Kinderhook are also pretty good.

.......if you want some AWESOME golf go about an hour or so south to Branson for your guys trip. Golf there is so fun

My buddies and I spend two or three weekends a year playing golf in the LOZ area. We usually split our time between Lake Valley, Deer Chase, and Bear Creek Valley.
Lake Valley is long, six par 5’s, the staff is great, the course is well kept, and the greens run true. The same can be said for Bear Creek Valley other than it has a more conventional mix of par 3, 4, and five holes. Both are relatively undeveloped and offer a peaceful setting for a golf round.
Deer Chase is my favorite course in the lake area or anywhere. Both the front and back nine start in the Augliaze Creek valley before winding up on ridge tops. The course is in great shape, it’s usually not crowded, pace is good. What I like best is the quiet beauty, you never hear the hum of traffic or see the clutter of humanity. If I had one course to play the rest of my life Deer Chase would be it.

Last edited:
Back