So I did this last winter and am doing it again this winter! Due to my own faults, it was ineffective and not 100% completed, but that will change this year. I am through 3 days and am thoroughly sore. I have Yoga-X tonite, which I look forward to for flexibility. I will update every as much as I can and I hope others will do the same.

BulldogsGolf

So I did this last winter and am doing it again this winter! Due to my own faults, it was ineffective and not 100% completed, but that will change this year. I am through 3 days and am thoroughly sore. I have Yoga-X tonite, which I look forward to for flexibility. I will update every as much as I can and I hope others will do the same.

BulldogsGolf

I am going on week 3 right now, have been posting progress in the 5-10-15 thread. Yoga X is brutal, I struggle to finish that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love this workout. I like to change it up though and am back in the gym now.

I am going on week 3 right now, have been posting progress in the 5-10-15 thread. Yoga X is brutal, I struggle to finish that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think for the first time I am just going to do the first 45 - 60 mins and gradually work up to doing the whole thing. About to start, here goes nothing!

I just started this program again, I did it over two years ago and I want to get back where I was when I worked out regularly. Day 1 kicked my ass, this is going to be a long journey haha.

Starting it on Thursday. Not sure I'm excited after reading through this thread lol

Starting it on Thursday. Not sure I'm excited after reading through this thread lol
I enjoy it, its a fun workout. Plus the workouts keep you moving for pretty much the entire time so the hour goes by quick.

Go get em guys. Anyone check out P90X2 yet?
I have not, but I believe it eliminates the weights/bands that the first P90X has and focuses more on using body weight, etc for workouts. I would prefer that to having to drag dumb bells all over the place.

I have not, but I believe it eliminates the weights/bands that the first P90X has and focuses more on using body weight, etc for workouts. I would prefer that to having to drag dumb bells all over the place.
I just looked at the website, it looks like there are some dumb bells still in use, maybe just not as much or as often as the other. I've been doing something that reminds me a lot of the same moves they do in P90X but we use resistance bands rather than weights, I like it a lot. I've got P90X at home and have gone though 45 days of it and like it a lot. The only reason I'm not doing it now is the classes I'm doing to now require a lot more accountability which is something I desperately need when committing to a workout plan of any kind.

Get going with it. This is a good program and yes it will kick your butt to start with. I was having some shoulder problems 2 years ago and the doctors could find noting wrong, After multiple x-rays and an MRI, there was no diffinitive finding. So I said I just need to get back in shape. I started the P90X program and lasted about 45 days, then the weather got extremely nice and I started hitting the links again. Played some of my best golf ever that year. Still have the shoulder issue occasionally, but I will live with it. I do plan on starting back with the program after the first of the year. Have to get through the holidays first.

Good luck to you. Don't stop trying.

I used the resistance bands and had very good results.

I am doing Insanity right now (another Beach Body program) and it is crazy. This is the 2nd time I have done it. Lost 27 lbs in 60 days last time and right now I am over a month in and am down 17 lbs. The program calls for 6 days a week and I am only able to do 4 or 5 so I have changed it up a bit, but it works so well.

I just looked at the website, it looks like there are some dumb bells still in use, maybe just not as much or as often as the other. I've been doing something that reminds me a lot of the same moves they do in P90X but we use resistance bands rather than weights, I like it a lot. I've got P90X at home and have gone though 45 days of it and like it a lot. The only reason I'm not doing it now is the classes I'm doing to now require a lot more accountability which is something I desperately need when committing to a workout plan of any kind.
What are you doing now?
I used the resistance bands and had very good results.
I have decided to switch to the bands as well, like using those better w/ the resistance.

I did it for a while. After plyo on day 2 I felt fine. Went to bed, still okay. I woke and thought wow I'm alright. Then I took my first step down the stairs and my legs gave out. Good thing I had the railing or I would have been a goner. It's amazing though and super addictive.

What are you doing now?
It's called Farrells Extreme Body Shaping. http://www.extremebodyshaping.com/ They have locations in 9 states. 3 days a week we do kickboxing for a cardio workout and the other 3 days we do resistance bands (upper body/lower body alternate days) A lot of the exercises are similar to what they do in P90X so the transition has been pretty good.

I did it for a while. After plyo on day 2 I felt fine. Went to bed, still okay. I woke and thought wow I'm alright. Then I took my first step down the stairs and my legs gave out. Good thing I had the railing or I would have been a goner. It's amazing though and super addictive.

That's what I'm hoping for. I've got a wedding I'm in in March, the Outing in May, my wedding in June, and my 10 year HS reunion some time in the summer. I plan on looking like a Greek God by then.

It's called Farrells Extreme Body Shaping. http://www.extremebodyshaping.com/ They have locations in 9 states. 3 days a week we do kickboxing for a cardio workout and the other 3 days we do resistance bands (upper body/lower body alternate days) A lot of the exercises are similar to what they do in P90X so the transition has been pretty good.
Looks/sounds interesting. Not available in Florida though. On another note, a good friend of my wife's just started doing crossfit classes in the park next door to my house, that looks interesting.

Looks/sounds interesting. Not available in Florida though. On another note, a good friend of my wife's just started doing crossfit classes in the park next door to my house, that looks interesting.

The wife or the classes?

The first time I did it I used resistance bands and saw pretty good results. The girlfriend just got me a pair of http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ARYU58 so I am using these this time.

Haha. Ummm... the classes.

Thoughts?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I will let you know after shoulders/biceps day. They are high quality but they are pretty wide. I can see that being annoying after a while.

Exchanging the weights is incredibly easy, and the unused weights stay in position without a problem.

I have all the DVD's for the orginal P90 and was thinking about getting them out and getting started...don't know if it would be better to get the newer ones or if the old ones would be okay.

I have all the DVD's for the orginal P90 and was thinking about getting them out and getting started...don't know if it would be better to get the newer ones or if the old ones would be okay.
I thought about the newer one, but figured I already have the discs for the first one, and told myself to make it through 90 days, and then I can get the 2nd one.

Just finished day 2, plyo. I forgot how exhausting it was. The jump squat switch 180s at the end killed me.

Back