BulldogsGolf

Future PGA Professional
Reaction score
Handicap
In the next 90 days, I will be doing P90X. For those of you who don't know what P90X is.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90X I started today, and just finished the first part of day 1, which was chest and back
here is one of the excersises: the Military push-up
[YOUTUBE]w1LOvlcAvX8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Next, which I am going to do in about 5 minutes, is the Ab-Ripper X:
Best vid of Ab Ripper I could find.....
[YOUTUBE]jh1Ol3RpOEc[/YOUTUBE]

Changed the user name title for as long as im on here (check out under the name...)

Anyone else done this....This will also be an account of my time here at P90X

Im not much for the "Before" pics...maybe the after though:
But here is me this summer (same as I am now) on a fishing trip in Quebec
I don't have some weird back thing going on, Im just slumped over attaching a lure or tying a knot....

If you stick with it, it'll do wonders.

Ab-Ripper is a BEAST. YogaX is actually my favorite.

We (coaches) did it with out offseason footballers last year for a while and it was nice....painful as hell...but nice lol. My wife and I are staring up for 90 next week, good stuff.

Good luck BD!

A lifetime ago I did a 90 thing myself...USMC boot camp. It was pretty intense. lol

Yep, P90X is awesome! I'm in my 3rd week and am really being able to go harder than I was the first 2 times through the workouts. In my opinion this system is as good as they come, good luck! And remember, as Tony Horton would say...."do your best and......forget the rest!"

P90X kicked my butt the first week I did it. But the pain, sweat, and time are all worth it. You will be in the best shape of your life if you stick with it. Are you also doing the nutrition plan along with the workouts?

Are you also doing the nutrition plan along with the workouts?

I am going to try to, sometimes these things are really restrictive, so we'll see. I think just eating right and drinking more water will help. And proteins :D

4 different people at my work have done it. They look so much skinnier and HEALTHIER. Man I got to get off my lazy ass and do it too.

I did some of it, good stuff. But man that host is one annoying guy.

I've got it ready to go. Just can't seem to hit play and start it. I want to do it before the outing though so I will need to start soon

Just can't seem to hit play and start it.

That's the hardest part for most. I got it yesterday and was itching to start it this morning. Can't wait for Plyometrics tomorrow :D

I am currently doing day 2 now...which is plyometrics. It sucks big time. I think I drank a little too much water (about 3/4 a nalgene bottle through the first 40 mins and got feelin a little sick. Had to stop for una momenta. Will be going back in a sec. I feel great doing this. and by great, I mean incredibly sore

Since Sunday will be my "off day" (since you workout 6 days a week) I did the Arms and Shoulders today, along with Ab Ripper X. I found that, except for the mason twist (whose creator should be tied to a large tree and shot) Ab Ripper was easier than the first time. I have had several days now to recover, and feel great. I am surely on my way to a bigger, badder, more in shape Adam :D I am so glad I am doing this. Today's workout was...dare I say it....FUN. I have NEVER said that about a workout. I Heart P90X

Updates to come, along with pics at 30, 60, and 90 Days....

I did it for 3 weeks, but was having trouble finding the time. I work from 9am to 8pm and have a 2 yr old and 6 yr old. I had trouble finding the time to put in 60-75 min work out 6 days a week.

I ended up switching over to Tony Horton's 10 min trainer. I like it... not as hard core as P90X but you're going crazy for 10 min straight and he has a program set up to do up to 3 a day. I try to do what I can, when I can. It just works into my lifestyle better.

Started day 1 this morning. I can't move half of my body

Bulldogs - did you buy the accessories too? or just the DVDs?

Bulldogs - did you buy the accessories too? or just the DVDs?

I borrowed it from a friend of my family. The only thing I don't have is the pull-up bar, and those excercises I do on the bands....

Started day 1 this morning. I can't move half of my body

Day 1 sucked, but Chunky, I have words of warning: PLYOMETRICS IS 500% worse. I could barely walk on sunday...

I also found that Ab-Ripper was not AS hard the second time around...........although I detest Mason Twists...

I just completed week one! Feels great to be doing this, and I absolutly love it. Chest and Back again tonite. Even though I am not seeing the physical results yet, and I don't expect to until maybe day 30 or so, I feel great. Trying to eat right too. Can't wait to see how the next 83 days go!

BulldogsGolf

Good luck man!

I took bulldogs advice and finished day 1 today. Expect pain tomorrow (and the next 89 days). My wife thought my rendition of the dive bomber move was extra hilarious.

Yeah, dive bombers aren't the best. But I have gotten better at them already!!

Back