I play Golden Oaks and Olde Homestead quite often. Both are great. GO is most consistently the best course I play. It's NEVER in bad shape.

Is Hideaway Hills better than Mountain Valley?
Golden Oaks has been recommended to me by a few people. I play Homestead only for their 8" cup tournament in November (It takes about 90 minutes for me) and it is in good shape off season. If Oaks is better, then I have to check it out.

Seaview CC down in Galloway, 2 courses can’t go wrong
Pine barrens
Sand barrens
All good options
@SkiBumGolfer

I wouldn’t bother with stockton seaview. Not a great layout ( and i love donald ross) and if the wind is blowing across the marsh you will get eaten alive

Sand barrens is no more. Owned by union league and is being turned into an absolutely phenomenal private track.

Twisted dune is a great track. I would recommend that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendations guys. We are playing at Pinelands on Saturday, it's a real convenient location for our fourth and my dad doesn't want to get clobbered by a real tough course, so we're gonna give that a shot. Reviews seem to be solid recently and saying that the conditions have improved a ton over the last few years, so I hope that's true!

Another great round at Hideaway Hills today. Love this place. Beautiful, scenic, lots of blind and challenging tee shots, crazy elevations. This course has it all and it's always well kept.

Why is it I’m just seeing this thread now. I’m in the Schuylkill Haven area . Can travel to Allentown or further south for a round. Monday Tuesday or Wednesday preferred. Hit me up!

I am right down the road from you, just outside of Cressona. We definitely need to tee it up sometime!

Feels like I’ve been doing a Reading swing this year. I’ve played Reading CC, Manor, and Chapel Hill all for the first time. Will probably be staying more local for a bit.

Feels like I’ve been doing a Reading swing this year. I’ve played Reading CC, Manor, and Chapel Hill all for the first time. Will probably be staying more local for a bit.
I lived in Phoenixville for 4 years before I moved up here, I played practically every public within 30 miles. My home course was landis in limerick. I def lost a few dozen balls at that course!

Yes!!! Definitely! Let me know. Mon/tues/ wed work best for me if possible.

Weekdays are tough with my work schedule but while the days are long I might be able to sneak it in during the afternoon.

My east side city friends have been making their way west to me (if you can consider Coatesville west...) for more rounds than usual. I will be hitting Wyncote tomorrow morning, hoping for another good driving day.

I wouldn’t bother with stockton seaview. Not a great layout ( and i love donald ross) and if the wind is blowing across the marsh you will get eaten alive

Sand barrens is no more. Owned by union league and is being turned into an absolutely phenomenal private track.

Twisted dune is a great track. I would recommend that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played the Union League last year on Black Friday. Absolutely amazing course. Haven’t seen it yet this year but the amount of money they are putting into it is astounding.

Played Shawnee on the Delaware today. It is in really good shape considering all the rain in the past two weeks. Bridge is repaired after equipment fell through it.

Played Makefield Highlands the other day with my SIL’s brother. First time here but was a great course. We walked (9) at 1800 which was awesome! course in great condition and greens were pretty fast. Not busy and fun track. Going to hit it again when we come back through town. Price was also fair. It’s tough when you are from out of town. 93EC7CC9-8D63-4D95-ABB6-742F77F0EF6E.jpeg

I grabbed a couple 6/$230 cards at Iron Valley in Lebanon. Good on weekdays and after 1 on weekends. Great deal considering it’s $59 to play after 2 on weekends.

The time has come for me to get a lesson. I went to Sittler Golf last year and was super pleased, but Rick is booked out a month and it’s almost an hour drive for me. Planning to give David Hilgers a try at the Golf Garage in Harrisburg. I’ve been in there for a club repair before and it’s a neat setup. Will report back after my lesson on Wednesday.

Playing tomorrow at White Oaks Country Club in NJ. Hopefully my better swing habits show up.

Had my lesson tonight with David at Golf Garage in Harrisburg. Went really well. He immediately identified a few issues with my setup and we got to work. Didn’t really make any swing changes, but adjusted the setup and swing thought. Used a GC Quad to get data and worked with a GW and driver for around 90 minutes. Hoping to put these ideas to work and then will likely head back for more.

Played Iron Valley yesterday course was in great shape not to full. Avoided going left on first hole made for a good day.

Played Iron Valley yesterday course was in great shape not to full. Avoided going left on first hole made for a good day.

Surprised you didn't run into @RealPretendPsychic i think he even has his own parking spot and hammock in the woods off of hole 11.

Love playing Quail Valley, just over 50 minutes for me, not too bad of a trip at all. Great course, love the greens. I had one of the best putting rounds of the year just because of getting used to the speed of the greens. Made 3 birds, all center cut :eek: & some really good saves. I could really get used to playing those greens all the time. (y)

Was out there at 1:10 yesterday. Greens are surprisingly receptive and rolling great!

Back