Why on earth would you join iron valley and get beat up every week....lol. its a very nice course but wow is it brutal to any poor shot. Lost more balls in my life at iron valley than any other course in my life and i am not a terrible golfer.

Why on earth would you join iron valley and get beat up every week....lol. its a very nice course but wow is it brutal to any poor shot. Lost more balls in my life at iron valley than any other course in my life and i am not a terrible golfer.
My cap should travel well then! 😆 it’s probably the best combination of price, course quality, and accessibility. Course is closed right now so I’m still evaluating my options.

Anyone with big golf plans for 2021? I am planning to join a local course. Leaning towards Iron Valley in Lebanon right now.
I joined Iron Valley again this year. It is a bit of a drive for me, but a fantastic course. Let me know if you need an additional player. I'd love to get out with a group soon.

My cap should travel well then! 😆 it’s probably the best combination of price, course quality, and accessibility. Course is closed right now so I’m still evaluating my options.
How far are you from Moselem Springs? Love that course.

How far are you from Moselem Springs? Love that course.
I’m about an hour from there. Grew up only 30 minutes from the course and still haven’t ever played there. Will need to change that this year! My dad and his buddies have played there a number of times.

I’m about an hour from there. Grew up only 30 minutes from the course and still haven’t ever played there. Will need to change that this year! My dad and his buddies have played there a number of times.
I think you should join one of those fancy golf courses then host our THP summer outing....;)

I think you should join one of those fancy golf courses then host our THP summer outing....;)
Aaaahh I pushed hard to join Lebanon Country Club during their winter special, but my wife was having none of it :cautious:

Every time i even think about joining a club, i think whats in it for my wife and daughter. Then i don't join a club. I sometimes think about finding one with a pool and other stuff and then realize i don't want to drive an hour to play golf. Not when i have a ton of public courses within 30 minutes and 2 that i really like within 10.

Every time i even think about joining a club, i think whats in it for my wife and daughter. Then i don't join a club. I sometimes think about finding one with a pool and other stuff and then realize i don't want to drive an hour to play golf. Not when i have a ton of public courses within 30 minutes and 2 that i really like within 10.

Criteria to join a club and have it be a successful scenario;
- something for the family so they don’t resent you going to play.
- besides friends to get you into the club, a group of guys you can always call up for a game.
- close enough you’ll actually use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually wish I would have joined a club with activities and facilities like a pool and social aspects. We built a pool and while it was fantastic for all our years and still going, the social aspect of joining a club would have had far better aspects for our family I believe.

Bought four on Fri. Great course well run always in great shape. Do not go left on first hole.

Is this the week? It feels like this is the week! I could have played over the weekend, but it was cold, I’m soft, and I’m scared of my swing :LOL: but I fully plan to play this weekend!

Welp I think I’ll be putting in for the young professional “membership” at Iron Valley once they close their darn snow tubing hill and open the course. Hoping I can negotiate a guest rate with that, but am likely going for regardless.

Welp I think I’ll be putting in for the young professional “membership” at Iron Valley once they close their darn snow tubing hill and open the course. Hoping I can negotiate a guest rate with that, but am likely going for regardless.
This is my 2nd year with the young professional ticket at iron Valley. It really helps justify the drive time to get there. Time is running out for me to stay in this category, too :)

This is my 2nd year with the young professional ticket at iron Valley. It really helps justify the drive time to get there. Time is running out for me to stay in this category, too :)
We’re you able to get any sort of guest rate with the young professional membership?

We’re you able to get any sort of guest rate with the young professional membership?
I have not. My friends have had to rely on a coupon or online deal they find, though Iron Valley's regular weekend rates are not terrible compared to courses further east.

FYI Moselem Springs is not a public course.

Played today for first round of the season at Paxon Hollow. Nothing special, had the mix of great to awful holes but it was good to finally get out on the course.

Last edited:
Weather dependent; going to use a group golfer @ Iron Valley on Sunday 4/11. We have 3 and will book a 4 if anyone wants to join us...

We don't bite...

Playing next week for second round of the year. Hopefully play better than my first round.

First handicap round of the year today, shot an 89 @ Scotland Run from the blues. Pushed a bunch of drives which probably cost me 4-5 strokes... but lucky the course is pretty open on those holes so was able to at least not take a penalty. Probably hit my best full 58 wedge ever on 10, was 77 to the pin and stuck it to 2 feet; easy putt for birdie.

Dropped my handicap to 15.9 my lowest.

Weather dependent; going to use a group golfer @ Iron Valley on Sunday 4/11. We have 3 and will book a 4 if anyone wants to join us...

We don't bite...
I am free on Sunday if you’re still looking for a fourth!

Back