Pacific NorthWest Mini Get together

checkered

Team Paradise - 2023 Morgan Cup Champions!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
SkiBumGolfer was kind enough to try to set up a little get together with a few of us in NorthWest Washington/Vancouver BC area. ArmyGolf, HokieGolfer, SkiBumGolfer and I got out to play Homestead Golf course (http://homesteadgolfclub.com/) in Lynden WA this morning. We played from the blues, 6504 yds, 131/71.3. The course played deceptively tough with water seeming to be everywhere you'd want to land your ball, and trouble on both sides darn near every hole. Everyone had some great shots...and some not so great, but the company made it an amazing time.

I have to say these three guys were awesome to play with. I had so much fun and they all made me feel at ease right off (with my social ineptitude says a lot about these guys). Just a great group of guys and it was an honor to play with them. We had a great time and many laughs were had. I'm thankful to have met these guys and look forward to teeing it up with them again.

I wanted to get everyone to do a hole of the day video, but that was laughed off fairly quickly. Maybe next time. We did get a little video of all of our tee shots on the tenth tee. Enjoy...

Great video. Looks like a nice course. You boys got the big boy beers. Love it.

Looks like a great time.

Check, that's great man! Glad you guys were able to get together for a round!

I need to enjoy this video. Love THPer course videos.

Jealous man. Hope I get to join next summer
tap tap taparoo

Looks like some good shots and even better times! Wish you guys kept filming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My goodness does my swing look bad on camera lol. Maintain spine angle? Forget about it.

It was awesome to meet and play 18 with you guys! Right from the get-go it didn't feel like we were strangers out there. Started with some club swapping and some laughs and it just got better from there. Hokiegolfer downing two massive Heinekens at the turn and then hitting his best tee shot of the day. SkiBumGolfer hits his R11s like the ball is on a string and Checkered had some seriously impressive up-and-downs.

Checkered you brought some serious game today especially playing the blues for the first time, it was fun to watch. Deceptively tough is probably the best way to describe this course. It seemed every tee box we stepped onto the conversation would go as follows,
"OB Left"
"Gotta carry 235 to get over the pond"
"Water right"
"Looks like water long too guys"

Not a course you want to be iffy from the teebox. I had a decent short game today which saved my bacon a few times but the 5 penalties were tough to take. We'll have to have the camera rolling more next time for sure!

My goodness does my swing look bad on camera lol. Maintain spine angle? Forget about it.

It was awesome to meet and play 18 with you guys! Right from the get-go it didn't feel like we were strangers out there. Started with some club swapping and some laughs and it just got better from there. Hokiegolfer downing two massive Heinekens at the turn and then hitting his best tee shot of the day. SkiBumGolfer hits his R11s like the ball is on a string and Checkered had some seriously impressive up-and-downs.

Checkered you brought some serious game today especially playing the blues for the first time, it was fun to watch. Deceptively tough is probably the best way to describe this course. It seemed every tee box we stepped onto the conversation would go as follows,
"OB Left"
"Gotta carry 235 to get over the pond"
"Water right"
"Looks like water long too guys"

Not a course you want to be iffy from the teebox. I had a decent short game today which saved my bacon a few times but the 5 penalties were tough to take. We'll have to have the camera rolling more next time for sure!

You are too kind.

It was a serious blast. Man HokieGolfer can hit the ball a mile, and so freaking high. SkiBumGolfer is Mr. consistent, just seemed to hit good shot after good shot. Makes me jealous! Army, man you can move the ball. You have such a unique swing, and make it work. It's pretty neat to watch. You hit some awesome shots, and had a bit of adventure mixed in there. haha

C0ncept, we seriously gotta get you out with us all next year. Hopefully we can get others too.

Thanks for the kind words,ScrapIron, JB, Canadan, and TimG3394 (Go Pack GO!), Glad to share a little bit of our round with everyone.

When I watch my swing on video I have to wonder how I even manage to hit the ball at all. When Hokiegolfer swings for the fence you have to stand back or the jet-stream will rip your shirt off...geez does he rip on it. I think he put a dent in my Amp Cell...center face of course lol.

Haha I just got home and I might have to ice my back after some of those swings! Curtis I loved your driver man, darn you for making me want something different

First time I've seen my swing on video in a long time there! Just wanna say that I had a blast out there today, despite shooting myself a radio station and putting like a complete hack. I would definitely echo the sentiment that I think we all felt super at ease with each other from the get go, and the conversation was always excellent. The course is a deceptive beauty - wide, plush fairways, but water hiding at every turn and not a flat lie to be found. Our resident lefty checkered put on a clinic out there, and tried to help us all out with his local knowledge of the course - mixed results on that last bit! It's always a joy to watch Hokie just hammer the ball off the tee, and slam his fair share of brews to boot. And though this was my first time meeting our friend from the north, ArmyGolf, I felt that I'd known him for years. Really wish I could work the ball and putt like you - this guy had 27 putts today!!

It was my pleasure to set up our round, and I'll be massively looking forward to the next time we tee it up - maybe I can even play well that time!

Back