Paige Spiranac Carry distances and what it makes me think about my game

She once had a big dip in her downswing. Glad she got rid of it. All of us can improve with a good instructor.

1611023354273.png

I hit my clubs longer than Ben Hogan And Paige and I'm 67.:D But I doubt that i could beat either head to head

Attachments

• 1611023354156.png
    1611023354156.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 7
I don’t hit 3W or driver farther than Hogan.

View attachment 8988966

I hit my clubs longer than Ben Hogan And Paige and I'm 67.:D But I doubt that i could beat either head to head
Based on that chart, I hit everything up to 5i longer than Hogan too (about 15 yds longer on every club) - but I'll bet neither of us would hit it longer than Ben Hogan if we played with the clubs and balls that he was playing in 1948. ;)

Paige's distances are pretty similar to mine, but I'm 100% sure that her average distances are much better than mine, because of her consistency and my lack thereof! I'd love to have her tempo, mechanics and smoothness.

Slightly off topic, but Paige related
The first time I saw her was in a video when she played college golf (I want to say SanDiego State?) and she was performing trick shots.
It was a really cool video, if someone could pull it up?

That's pretty cool.

Slightly off topic, but Paige related
The first time I saw her was in a video when she played college golf (I want to say SanDiego State?) and she was performing trick shots.
It was a really cool video, if someone could pull it up?
The video of the SDSU women's trick shots is here (below). Paige did in fact play for SDSU and that video was released in the time frame she was playing there, although I couldn't tell if she was in it or which one she was (edit: in the group photo at the end, it looks like her at bottom left center):

My guess is none of those clubs say "PXG" on them.

My guess is none of those clubs say "PXG" on them.
Probably not, because they weren’t in business yet?
BTW Im not sure, but Paige and PXGs club deal was ended last year, wasn’t it?

View attachment 8988966

Wonder how far he would hit it with today’s tech improvements in club and ball, he must have had some serious swing speed to get that distance with the clubs/ball he had to play with.

I have known of her for some time i think she signed with pxg, used to play on the lpga
However, she did a GREAT bit for sports illustrated magazine swimsuit edition. o_Oo_O

Probably not, because they weren’t in business yet?
BTW Im not sure, but Paige and PXGs club deal was ended last year, wasn’t it?

Should have indicated that I was being sarcastic.

Seems like I hit my 6, 7 and 8 irons a little further than her. And the hybrids are pretty even with her. The driver is where she hits longer. Her carry is about as long as my total distance. Maybe even a few yards longer.

Seems like I hit my 6, 7 and 8 irons a little further than her. And the hybrids are pretty even with her. The driver is where she hits longer. Her carry is about as long as my total distance. Maybe even a few yards longer.

I am in the same boat and am sure it is efficiency with the driver. I was on the simulator yesterday and I level to slightly down for club direction at impact with my driver. If I could get to +2-3* I am sure I would pick up ball speed.

It is interesting, because I also hit my wedges shorter than a lot of people, but yet I am longer than them on driver. I think it may be the way that I fail to hit down and compress the ball with wedges the way that I should. I have a very positive angle of attack on driver and 3 wood that help me get everything out of what speed I have. However, I fight some of that same swing tendency in my shorter clubs.

it's always fun having a positive aoa with a mid-iron, and seeing smash factor approach 1.50 haha. fortunately the work i did with my instructor last year is giving me a more ideal aoa, usually -4 to -5 with irons.

smash factor is a cool thing, but they say its so amazing to get 1.51, im prety sure i stepped up and attained a 1.5 after a several swings. i think i can average 1.48 or something though i may rarely get a 1.51 i still think a 1.45 and low is like, not something to be striving for. Am i right?
I'm not trying to brag, but based on what ive seen its a great stat to know but that most of use can step up and hit one that is 1.46 after only a few tries

I'm 5-8 yards longer than her on every club which means nothing cause she could still smoke me.

I have known of her for some time i think she signed with pxg, used to play on the lpga
However, she did a GREAT bit for sports illustrated magazine swimsuit edition. o_Oo_O
Never made it to the LPGA and she isn’t currently on the PXG ambassador list.

While I respect the “work” she puts in to herself as a brand, I’m not a big fan of her, and I’ll leave it at that.

While I respect the “work” she puts in to herself as a brand, I’m not a big fan of her, and I’ll leave it at that.
She wasnt on the lpga, but she has type of good game . she has some type of golf game that allows her to go low, or maybe she played in college. shes more than just a woman golfer.
Heres one of her playing in an lpga event in dubai:
(1) Paige Spiranac Golf Highlights 2015 Omega Dubai Masters LPGA - YouTube

Obviously she didn't make it on the LPGA tour but she did play D1 golf and played some pro golf. I don't think she positions herself as anything else. I do appreciate the way she has found a way to make a living at a game she obviously loves. She is obviously taking advantage of her appearance but why wouldn't you.

Obviously she didn't make it on the LPGA tour but she did play D1 golf and played some pro golf. I don't think she positions herself as anything else. I do appreciate the way she has found a way to make a living at a game she obviously loves. She is obviously taking advantage of her appearance but why wouldn't you.
yea, i think she can shoot scratch from a mens tee, But her dialogue about the swimsuit edition is interesting because she says she got bullied so hard and was like a victim er something. but doing the photo shoot she overcame her fears and insecurities........ BUT LOOK AT HER:love:

it's always fun having a positive aoa with a mid-iron, and seeing smash factor approach 1.50 haha. fortunately the work i did with my instructor last year is giving me a more ideal aoa, usually -4 to -5 with irons.

I’ll have to pay closer attention to Junior tomorrow. I posed the question out a couple weeks ago on how he was hitting everything shy of wedge at least 1.45 smash. Everything. No one had a good answer and I’m not sure this is the correct one either as he was doing it off the mat.

I do have a different swing when I’m teeing an iron for distance. I don’t usually get anywhere near 1.5 smash unless driver or 3w, but I definitely hit it a lot further (I swing appx 8-10mph faster too) with a lot less spin. I think I’m still negative but not as much. This on a very low tee. I could get it to positive by teeing it slightly higher but I don’t think I want to. I have enough swing problems.

I’ll have to pay closer attention to Junior tomorrow. I posed the question out a couple weeks ago on how he was hitting everything shy of wedge at least 1.45 smash. Everything. No one had a good answer and I’m not sure this is the correct one either as he was doing it off the mat.

I do have a different swing when I’m teeing an iron for distance. I don’t usually get anywhere near 1.5 smash unless driver or 3w, but I definitely hit it a lot further (I swing appx 8-10mph faster too) with a lot less spin. I think I’m still negative but not as much. This on a very low tee. I could get it to positive by teeing it slightly higher but I don’t think I want to. I have enough swing problems.

1.5 smash factor for an iron seems super high. I never get anywhere near that. Frankly if I can get 1.45-1.48 on driver it has been a very good swing for me.

so my aoa wasn’t that positive, but this is not what smash is supposed to be for a 6i. it’s nice and all, but not consistent.

2E61E409-180D-45EA-A54B-A287BD1E5B15.jpeg

it’s gotten better this year by adding more wrist set. it’s brought up launch and spin. smash has gone down, but where it should be with an iron. i don’t have any trackman screenshots though.

She wasnt on the lpga, but she has type of good game . she has some type of golf game that allows her to go low, or maybe she played in college. shes more than just a woman golfer.
Heres one of her playing in an lpga event in dubai:
(1) Paige Spiranac Golf Highlights 2015 Omega Dubai Masters LPGA - YouTube
What I said may have come off the wrong way and it’s hard to express sometimes on the internet. I think she is a great golfer and she is doing what she enjoys so I respect her for that. But like I said, I’m just not a fan of hers, and many other social media stars.

Back