Paige Spiranac Carry distances and what it makes me think about my game

so my aoa wasn’t that positive, but this is not what smash is supposed to be for a 6i. it’s nice and all, but not consistent.

View attachment 8989211

it’s gotten better this year by adding more wrist set. it’s brought up launch and spin. smash has gone down, but where it should be with an iron. i don’t have any trackman screenshots though.

You’re numbers are show almost exactly what he does. He hits comparable lofted clubs about 5 yards further than me while swinging 10mph slower. His spin is very low and typically hits a low draw. But he smashes everything 1.45+ I’m lucky to get 1.35 with a 6-7i. Usually more like 1.3. He is usually closer to 1.48 with those. I’ve never seen him below 1.48 with driver on a couple hendred Trackman swings. You see me swing a couple hundred on Trackman and I’ll have a few less than 1.0, lol, and he ventures into the 1.52 range with that and 3w.

I can hit the exact same clubs and not come close. Even with what I know to be perfect contact. In fact the guy that runs the Trackman place ran the “optimizer” for his swing and he was hitting it 10 yards past that.

Maybe some answers tomorrow night as I’ve got the final round of ball testing to complete. Including getting his full shot set since he hasn’t tested them at all yet.

My number match up to hers surprisingly well across the bag. And i’m really happy with that. She is young, semi pro golfer in fantastic shape. I am middle aged, once a week player in less than stellar shape. U call it a miracle i can even keep up with her at the top end of the bag.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my swing until I decided to chase distance.....now my swing is gone and I'm out of golf....so sad.

For you Arizona guys, I believe she hangs out a lot at Greyhawk.

For you Arizona guys, I believe she hangs out a lot at Greyhawk.
Don’t get their hopes up, lol.
I think I read last year she’s engaged to a former minor league ball player (or some other type of athlete?)

Just watched this and she comes across as a really nice, genuine person.

I didn't really mean to turn this into a Paige thread but after watching the one on how far she hits her irons I watched this one about her golf resume:

She seemed pretty honest about the fact that she didn't have the mental side to play at that level.

I didn't really mean to turn this into a Paige thread but after watching the one on how far she hits her irons I watched this one about her golf resume:

She seemed pretty honest about the fact that she didn't have the mental side to play at that level.

Yes, she mentions it too in the video I posted. I like the honesty but I was also thinking that after all the things she has done to overcome it they seem to have not had any success. Something deep down.

Yes, she mentions it too in the video I posted. I like the honesty but I was also thinking that after all the things she has done to overcome it they seem to have not had any success. Something deep down.

There are a ton of golfers out there with talent that can't execute at the highest level. If you watch a bunch of mini tour players on the range you would think most of them could play on tour. You need the complete package including mental and a lack of fear to be successful at the highest level.

yea shes nice, i think anyone who knows her in golf knows that. what i said about her sports illustrated, i just meant i thought it was silly that she would be thinking negatively about her appearance thats all. Shes like a cool, caring person.

I think it's too bad that social media is so hateful and toxic that she even feels a need to have to present/defend her golf résumé. Especially when 99.9% of the "internet athletes" who criticize her probably aren't anywhere near half the golfer she is. Jealousy is such an ugly emotion! :LOL:

The fact that she wasn't successful on the LPGA Tour isn't really much of a knock on her - it's more a reality of how good the LPGA women actually are. There are a lot of people in the golf world who are very competent and successful at what they do, yet had very limited/no success on the PGA or LPGA Tours. Even some of the very highly sought after coaches fall into that category (take a look at Butch Harmon's PGA record as one example).

I find it sad that Paige has to present herself in such a way to drive her success. If Paige "dressed down" or more modestly it would completely change her bottom line and she knows that. She has alluded to how it has caused her issues in her career.

It is reported that when she was really young she practiced gymnastics and was extremely talented at it, but it is reported she broke her kneecap twice. IMO, she had quite an impressive golf career and no doubt the gymnastics at a younger age played a huge part. Paige knows that she is attractive and that sells and deals with the problems it brings her.

She was married in 2018 and from reading about her, her career is basically "social media" personality. As they say, it pays the bills :cool:

I find it sad that Paige has to present herself in such a way to drive her success. If Paige "dressed down" or more modestly it would completely change her bottom line and she knows that. She has alluded to how it has caused her issues in her career.

It is reported that when she was really young she practiced gymnastics and was extremely talented at it, but it is reported she broke her kneecap twice. IMO, she had quite an impressive golf career and no doubt the gymnastics at a younger age played a huge part. Paige knows that she is attractive and that sells and deals with the problems it brings her.

She was married in 2018 and from reading about her, her career is basically "social media" personality. As they say, it pays the bills :cool:
I respect the fact that she's honest about it and doesn't pretend that it isn't what it is. She's using her beauty and physical attributes to her advantage and she makes no bones about it, and I have zero problems with that. She's far from the first who's ever done it, and will be far from the last.

It doesn't matter what she wears, she's going to look really hot, yes she pours in on with those skin tight yoga pants but she would be plenty popular wearing just about anything.

I'm right at Paige's club distances with my wedges. My irons are likely stronger lofted so after my PW I pick up a few yards. She plays a 5i and I use a 5H. She carries a 3H, and I carry a 5W. She hits a far better driver than I do. My problem is consistent ball striking. If I had more consistent ball striking with these club distances I could play in the 70s easily. Unfortunately my ball striking sucks.

Back