It does! It almost feels like a new driver feel to it when you paint fill an older club, right?

yeah it's really cool, I forget how much fun paintfilling is

How bad jank? Maybe the clear coat really IS a benefit..

It's really not that bad. Just bad enough to bug me. I haven't really had too many problems with the paint doing this before, but I hit my whole bucket with about 2 irons, so maybe it was because of too many swings off of the mats.

Minor Paint Job on my new R1
541397_10152622104990417_548955771_n.jpg

Is it orange where there used to be white? It looks awesome either way!!

And a solid follow up from Satch!! I dig it guys!!!!

How bad jank? Maybe the clear coat really IS a benefit..

Ha! and everybody said I didn't need it :) I actually do put it on the parts of the sole that I paintfilled just in case.

@MR. Satchmo: I like your new avatar! I actually own that pedal, its really nice.

M2 AWESOMENESS!!!

20130307_172344.jpg

4a2e9170-d0ce-420d-9689-df7cfc88642f.jpg

That looks phenomenal!!! I absolutely love that color. What type of paint and specific shade did you use?

Dan, that came out REALLY nice dude!!!

That looks phenomenal!!! I absolutely love that color. What type of paint and specific shade did you use?

Thanks dude. It's testors paint.. Dark Blue and Sky Blue.

That looks dope. Was the sight dot a PIA? The deeps spots on my Cameron gave me fits!

Actually, I think that's the easiest part. I apply it with a toothpick and then let it dry. After dry, I run over it with an acetone wetted paper towel using a flat surface to make sure it doesn't get into the cavity at all. Seems to work best for me.

Dan, that came out REALLY nice dude!!!

Thanks Bro Namath!

Worked on wedges today. Red over white is tough, that's not supposed to look so pink.

Before:

jady4yme.jpg

After

3a8u7ymu.jpg

Worked on wedges today. Red over white is tough, that's not supposed to look so pink.

Before:

jady4yme.jpg

After

3a8u7ymu.jpg

Looking real good, that's a nice shade of pink you have lol.

Why didn't you remove the old paint?

I never do. More work than I want to do. I should have just flipped it and done black over the white and red over the gold. I may change it or I may leave it a while. I wear pink, so maybe my sticks can too. lol

I never do. More work than I want to do. I should have just flipped it and done black over the white and red over the gold. I may change it or I may leave it a while. I wear pink, so maybe my sticks can too. lol

I love pink. Have pink winns on my CMBs

Removing the old paint is actually quite easy.

What do you use? How does it work?
I use Citristrip. You apply it with a toothpick or q-stip, let it sit for an hour or so, then use a toothpick or something to scratch out the old paint. It usually comes right off. Easy peasy.

I use Citristrip. You apply it with a toothpick or q-stip, let it sit for an hour or so, then use a toothpick or something to scratch out the old paint. It usually comes right off. Easy peasy.

Where'd ya get the citristrip?

Back