Jman tricking them out...nice

Seriously? Wow.

On a more serious note, DAN!

juqedynu.jpg

I'm in love.

I re did my wedge, I think I found a color combo I like.

2013-03-03_10-13-35_170_zpsd3816e39.jpg

2013-03-03_10-13-24_45_zpscd65396d.jpg

2013-03-03_10-09-09_88_zps5af36739.jpg

2013-03-03_10-10-12_103_zps93af5092.jpg

That looks outstanding!! Good job love the color combo.

orange

Those look awesome 200s
Sweet colors on the black.

Those look awesome 200s
Sweet colors on the black.

thank you, i tired different combos, and like that best.

Nice color combo 200...

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

That 588 RTX LOOKS SICK! Love it 200s

Thank you all. I have to CG10's coming that I cant wait to redo.

Hey THPer's, I am really interested in filling in my Cleveland wedges with some color. what's the best paint you have used and any special tips or techniques? Thank you

Hey Manny, I'll answer this here (in case anyone else is curious) and then follow up on that PM you sent me.

Did you get anything to remove the original paintfill? I recommend Citristrip. Also, to apply it, I recommend something simple like a toothpick.

Once the old paintfill is out, clean it with an old tooth brush or something to make sure all the citristrip and dry it. Then take a small piece of paper towel with some rubbing alcohol to prime the areas you intend to fill (I'm told it reduces the likelihood of bubbling).

For paint, I prefer testors enamel. It's not done me wrong yet! For application, I also use a toothpick, but finer paintbrushes are ideal as well, or some guys are using and enjoying paint pens.

For larger fill areas like the center RST on a SeeMore, I try to be as accurate as possible to avoid any need for wiping. If I don't get it right, I'll clear it out and try again.

For smaller areas and things like writing and sight lines, I cover the area entirely with paint (still using a toothpick) and then take either a folded piece of paper towel (flat as possible - War recommends an old credit card) with acetone on it, or a q-tip with acetone on it and wipe over the areas quickly. If it's text, I'll do it immediately. If it's a sight line or something longer like that, I can generally get in there without too much over the sides, and as such, I'll let it dry a bit before cleaning up the edges.

Some folks like to use a clear coat on top, but I haven't bothered yet.

Hopefully this helps Manny. I'm sure there are others with as good or better tricks, so hopefully they can chime in.

Hey Manny, I'll answer this here (in case anyone else is curious) and then follow up on that PM you sent me.

Did you get anything to remove the original paintfill? I recommend Citristrip. Also, to apply it, I recommend something simple like a toothpick.

Once the old paintfill is out, clean it with an old tooth brush or something to make sure all the citristrip and dry it. Then take a small piece of paper towel with some rubbing alcohol to prime the areas you intend to fill (I'm told it reduces the likelihood of bubbling).

For paint, I prefer testors enamel. It's not done me wrong yet! For application, I also use a toothpick, but finer paintbrushes are ideal as well, or some guys are using and enjoying paint pens.

For larger fill areas like the center RST on a SeeMore, I try to be as accurate as possible to avoid any need for wiping. If I don't get it right, I'll clear it out and try again.

For smaller areas and things like writing and sight lines, I cover the area entirely with paint (still using a toothpick) and then take either a folded piece of paper towel (flat as possible - War recommends an old credit card) with acetone on it, or a q-tip with acetone on it and wipe over the areas quickly. If it's text, I'll do it immediately. If it's a sight line or something longer like that, I can generally get in there without too much over the sides, and as such, I'll let it dry a bit before cleaning up the edges.

Hopefully this helps Manny. I'm sure there are others with as good or better tricks, so hopefully they can chime in.

Good post. Way to consolidate all the info we've gathered thus far. I also recommend using airplane paint remover, not thinner, remover. You can find it at auto part stores. Dab it on with a q-tip and it will begin lifting the paint within a couple minutes.

Now this sounds awesome! Thank you so much Dan. Your an awesome person and a great THP friend. I certainly appreciate all your time and help you've given.

Is it ok to try the Citristrip instead of acetone? Also do you mean I just wipe the outer parts that I don't want paint on with the q-tip or credit card?

I have even seen people on YouTube use Nail polish.

Thanks again bud.

Now this sounds awesome! Thank you so much Dan. Your an awesome person and a great THP friend. I certainly appreciate all your time and help you've given.

Is it ok to try the Citristrip instead of acetone? Also do you mean I just wipe the outer parts that I don't want paint on with the q-tip or credit card?

I have even seen people on YouTube use Nail polish.

Thanks again bud.

It's my pleasure Manny. When you say citristrip instead of acetone, are you meaning for the original paint removal or when cleaning edges after your own filling? If the former, yes! If the latter, not in my opinion.. You'll see a distinct difference if you get some citristrip, as it's more of a paste than a liquid imo.

right about the wiping outside the lines.. Keeping a flat surface should keep the acetone and the general wiping above the cavities which are full of paint. that way you're not wiping anything inside the lines.

Also, there are quite a few guys in here who use nail polish from what I've seen, I just prefer testors.

I really like that combo too! Great job

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Just to add a little of my own tips.
Testors paint works real well. I usually add a little paint thinner, and I mean a little. I find that helps with it filling in corners and just goes on smoother.
Also when cleaning up the excessive paint, I use cosmetic applicator sponges. They usually come in small round or square pads. I like using these because they hold the paint thinner well and have some hardness to them, which is less likely to get into the paint fill and mess it up.

20130304_154608_resized_zpseb4d5803.jpg
[/IMG]
20130227_163947_resized_zpsc7481767.jpg
[/IMG]
20130227_164007_resized_zps42c665c8.jpg
[/IMG]

Thats all I got so far, need to do bottom. I got a little paint smear where the 17 is so i need to touch it up a little

Back