BF the pink looks fantastic and that 915 looks so clean.

Worked on the Bio Cell+ and Vokeys. Also went a little overboard with the 915H forgot to take a before pic, but that one is currently drying.

d0a62f5e2815c2b9e10cd5f50aff7585.jpg

abfc5b4373194b3ef3cf9a8d2e3b132a.jpg

b8d927209302c10bcf9e0a2ee5644c25.jpg

649497872085cdffce9f54b2ed0f81ae.jpg

2dd1d3b916240e5550cc9570cb827b9a.jpg

35181460ec5aae517fef724d7bad2f07.jpg

Stock photo of the 915H

eee0847cbdc8f1672221b26ac105688b.jpg

Tough to tell but I even painted the inter circle of the weight pink too.

cd1a8c035d50c9e5df05bcf78539b6f3.jpg

Stock photo of the 915H

eee0847cbdc8f1672221b26ac105688b.jpg

Tough to tell but I even painted the inter circle of the weight pink too.

cd1a8c035d50c9e5df05bcf78539b6f3.jpg

Oh man! that's awesome! How hard was that to paint the gray crown looking thing and the little ring? Did you take out the weight to paint it?

Changed the white on my Mizzy's to silver. A subtle change but I like the silver and black far better.

Oh man! that's awesome! How hard was that to paint the gray crown looking thing and the little ring? Did you take out the weight to paint it?

Actually it was a lot easier than I expected lol. I did take the weight out and was just really careful while painting the silver and let it dry for a while and it came out really well!

Actually it was a lot easier than I expected lol. I did take the weight out and was just really careful while painting the silver and let it dry for a while and it came out really well!

does the ring come out or is it part of the weight that's in there for good?

does the ring come out or is it part of the weight that's in there for good?
That was the hardest part because the ring stays inside the weight.

That was the hardest part because the ring stays inside the weight.

ah shucks. I'll just keep mine black. I don't have the steady hands to paint something that small. Your's look great though! I'd bet it stands out.

ah shucks. I'll just keep mine black. I don't have the steady hands to paint something that small. Your's look great though! I'd bet it stands out.
Thanks dude!!

I get a lot of questions about removing, changing and altering paint fill in clubs, so I thought I would start a thread. I will be doing some paint fill changes to some clubs coming up soon, but wanted to first show exactly what I use for my paint fill projects.

People always ask what type of paint to buy. While some use different methods like crayons and other tools, I prefer to use an enamel paint. I think the look is more professional and the durability is great. There are a lot of brands out there, but the one I seem to go with more than not is the brand called Testors. They are available at most hobby shops or craft stores and have a TON of colors.

1074474384_U8nn9-M.jpg

Here is a kit that I recently picked up that would make a good starter kit for people. The cost is about $10 and you get everything you would need.

8 Paints - Yellow, Gold, Red, Blue, Green, Silver, Black, White
Thinner - 1 bottle
Brush - A small thin brush

Between the colors here and the mixing and matching you can do, you could be set for good and like I said previously, the paint holds up really well.

1074474429_HXRC8-M.jpg

Some use a brush, others use a toothpick, and even more use other items to work with. I use a combination of things. The first thing that I have really fallen for, for these projects is a Paint Fill Bottle. You can pick them up online at stores such as Golf Works. Why do I like it? Because they are inexpensive at about $2 and dispense paint through a fine tipped needle. Paint is not included, but once you mix your color of choice, the filling part is a breeze and really makes it easy to get into those smaller engraved areas.

1074474456_rMPm3-M.jpg

Next up is the paint fill removal. I will get into the tools I use and other options as well as how to do it, coming up in the next post.

Looks awesome!!

20150216_211314.jpg
20150216_211332.jpg
20150216_211341.jpg

stripped sanded and polished custom painted the bottom of my ghost tour daytona 12

Bet that was one hell of a project.

I have an old FGP where the black oxide is chipped. How do I remove it all so I can repaint the head or powder coat or whatever?

I have an old FGP where the black oxide is chipped. How do I remove it all so I can repaint the head or powder coat or whatever?

check that. It is powdercoat that I want to remove.

Go back in the thread and look for the post by Vegan where he redid the paint job on his R1 (?) driver. I think he discussed how to remove all of the factory paint, etc.

Go back in the thread and look for the post by Vegan where he redid the paint job on his R1 (?) driver. I think he discussed how to remove all of the factory paint, etc.

Thanks but couldn't find where he mentioned what he used to strip the powdercoat. I did pick up a can of Klean strip which I saw automotive guys use on powdercoated parts.

Thanks but couldn't find where he mentioned what he used to strip the powdercoat. I did pick up a can of Klean strip which I saw automotive guys use on powdercoated parts.
It appears he just paints over the old...

I used the Tamiya in the smaller can 100ml, says for plastics on the can, but can be used on most things without an issue. Only prep work was taping off the areas I didn't want painted.

Bet that was one hell of a project.
wasn't that bad once i got going i would say about 3 hours in total of sanding and that was the hardest part of doing this the paint almost turned gummy when i got going fast with the sand paper

I'm active in paint fill but have a question for others- anyone ever paint fill on an oil can finish. Curious if the acetone will ruin the oil finish ? Snagged a used rare Scotty a couple months back and I like using it but I'd like to fill In some paint. May just send it in to get refinished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I bought an Odyssey metal-X #9 that had been paint filled in purple and gold. Th gold paint came off with paint thinner but the purplpe will notcome off. Is there anything special you guys use to get out the paint other than paint thinner q-tips and cotton balls????

Back