Paint peeling with grip tape

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else ever see this? I've been making clubs for nearly 20 years and this is a first for me.20200512_210051.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, never seen that before. Maybe the shaft had a bit of oil on it from someone’s hand before painting?

Was heat used, any solvent (if so what kind)?

Just noticed these replies. I cut the grip off and peeled the tape. I don't remember if I used any heat, but if I did it was very minimal.

I’ve seen it a few times but it’s just paint and obviously it’s just cosmetic that won’t matter as it will be covered anyway.

I’ve seen it a few times but it’s just paint and obviously it’s just cosmetic that won’t matter as it will be covered anyway.

Yeah, it just struck me as strange. Like I said, I've been building my own stuff for 20 years and this is the first time I've ever seen that with no explanation.

Yeah, it just struck me as strange. Like I said, I've been building my own stuff for 20 years and this is the first time I've ever seen that with no explanation.

I worked in the automotive collision market for over 20 years and saw a lot of failed factory paint from just about every OEM so it was likely just one of those bad batches of paint from the factory. Likely it was built on a Friday afternoon right before the Chinese New Year, lol.

I worked in the automotive collision market for over 20 years and saw a lot of failed factory paint from just about every OEM so it was likely just one of those bad batches of paint from the factory. Likely it was built on a Friday afternoon right before the Chinese New Year, lol.
Haha... I guess. Probably just an anomaly.

Back