painting the lofts on wedges - how?

orchard53

Reaction score
I have the Yokey black wedges 54 and 58, I've pulled the wrong one several times. the degrees are etched but hard for me to see. Was thinking of filling in the degrees with white so more visible - suggestions? What will last?

Acrylic paint made for model cars and airplanes.

And a very fine paint brush.. maybe a magnifying glass if needed, or just wipe away the pain that ends up outside the numbers carefully

I've used both these acrylics and the testors enamel paint that you can find at most craft and hobby shops. The acrylic is a little easier to use but the enamel paint will hold up a little better. That said, acrylic has made it through a whole season for me. Have some acetone nearby to wipe off any that strays outside the lines.

this is a nice shade of blue....

paint fill.JPG

For what you're doing, use a paint pen. If you want to get a little more techincal, Testors enamel is best for small quantities - Buy it at any Michael's or hobby shop. I switched, a while back, to all acrylics, because I make my own colors, and the available acrylic bases are better than whats available in enamel.

If you have any questions on application, I can walk you through it step by step.

Last edited:
honestly the easiest way is to use nail polish. very very simple process

Paint the numbers, let them dry, use a small paper towel with a little bit of nail polish remover. Apply light - medium pressure and it wipes right off. Dont press extremely hard so you dont press in to the new painted lofts

I've used both these acrylics and the testors enamel paint that you can find at most craft and hobby shops. The acrylic is a little easier to use but the enamel paint will hold up a little better. That said, acrylic has made it through a whole season for me. Have some acetone nearby to wipe off any that strays outside the lines.

this is a nice shade of blue....

View attachment 9048808
Is that @Canadan BLUE?

Thanks for the replies!wedges.jpg Testor from hobby lobby!

honestly the easiest way is to use nail polish. very very simple process

Paint the numbers, let them dry, use a small paper towel with a little bit of nail polish remover. Apply light - medium pressure and it wipes right off. Dont press extremely hard so you dont press in to the new painted lofts
That’s exactly what I do, works great!

Back