Palace of Putting

Ya I understand what you are looking for, but it is way too niche.

Again, very few people get fit, and even less get fit for putters.

I think for the concept to work well then putting technique lessons from qualified instructors would have to become popular. Most amateurs have as faulty a technique for putting as they do for hitting tee shots.

Add me to the nope group. I think it would be awesome and something I'd really like to do. But I also know it's too small of an audience for something like that to make it a profitable, or even sustainable venture. Like people have said before, most people don't get fit... especially for putters. And putting lessons are probable pretty close to the same percentage as putter fittings.

kinda like putting it in a top golf?

I did post that I thought this would only work near another golf venue- perhaps like or Inside a Top Golf

So what happens to the regular places like Golf Galaxy that have small putting greens & still sell putters straight off the rack? Do those go away & you have just a putting store? I don't think it would ever get off the ground, let alone be profitable. :unsure:

I think for the concept to work well then putting technique lessons from qualified instructors would have to become popular. Most amateurs have as faulty a technique for putting as they do for hitting tee shots.

Relying on that would be a fool's errand. Again, the percentage of golfers who even get lessons is small as it is, that percentage is cut way down when we focus specifically on putting.

Use balls with RFID.
Track shots
Track streaks of how many putts in a row are made.
Have a leaderboard
Have the top putter win a nice custom putter.
Have indoor and outdoor putting areas.
Have the outdoor areas where they won't accumulate snow and ice. Radiant heating or something similar... expensive yes but also something no one else will offer.
Have areas set up for putt challenges. No, not windmills. More like a tricky 10' putt that looks like it breaks left but goes right. Have something that people that make those putts win.

Similar to the line of thinking you're using, I see potential for the concept of putting competition. If the facility was truly incredible, I could imagine it attracting regular/repeat customers.

I would have a cot in the corner of a place like this if it existed! But business viable? Definitely not. Which goes to show how backwards all things golf are. Putter is used more than any other club in the bag. For all players at all levels. It’s not even close. But ball striking is king for most.
Players- 300 Drive, Wedge to 40ft. 3 Putt for bogey. Their thought? Man I need to work on my wedges! 🤦‍♂️

Back