Panda: I Need Your Wisdom

Jeff Spicoli

Grandaddy X!!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mr. Hand
Freddie, I've had some serious issues getting off the tee for a while now. Something I've always battled is a closed club face at the top of my swing. I feel like I've got a lot of movement with my legs as well. I would love your input on this. My most common miss is a big push/slice. It's much more of an issue with the driver or 3w. I'm not sure if I am timing it better with my shorter irons or it's something else, and I know the bigger club will have the bigger miss, but it's not so bad with mid to short irons. Sorry for the quality of the videos.

Thanks,

John

[video=youtube;z3tUZ-ivTJ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3tUZ-ivTJ0[/video]

I am always honored when I guys who's games I admire ask me to take a look. Thank you!
Now, your left arm breaks down at the top of your swing. That breakdown is present through impact. This break down at the top is shutting the face.

This can be resolved by shortening your swing. You reach back just a tad too much and it's causing these issues. The speed of your swing doesn't allow for an adjustment. I'm not looking for you to ease off just reign in that back swing. If you do that I'm confident your miss will be more of block then big slice. Also make sure that head never gets out in front of the ball.

Dang, I wish I could slice like that. I slice, but it doesn't look that good. :curl-lip:

Thanks, Freddie. Your advice is always welcome and thanks for keeping it simple. I will focus on keeping the left arm straight and trying to shorten it up.

Last edited:
I want to be like JJ! Swing looks good and you will get it sorted with the Panda!

JM

Bumping this one up. I needed to reread what you posted here, Freddie.

I really struggled with the driver yesterday and really felt like I had my body way out in front of my hands and clubhead at impact and everything was way right.

Back