Par-3 Courses ...

Follow The Sun

Reaction score
Once had a nice public par-3 in my area with a course pro who gave lessons that was taken care of and surprisingly, not the greatest, but certainly not bad greens either. Had a good mixture of short and long holes. Very enjoyable. Miss it.

Thoughts ...

Good Golfing ...

I don’t have a par 3 nearby like that but I live near two 9 hole executive courses, in of which is superbly maintained and in great condition. I love these options and wish there were more of them. It is great - and great for most people’s games - to have courses that encourage different types of shots than we typically get on a regulation 18 hole course.

I enjoy a good par 3 course.

I used to live by an awesome one in Wilmington NC. Conditions were so so but it was super cheap for the afternoons.

Used to be a nice 18 hole par 3 in my area also, went out of business about 10 years ago. Nice mix of distances with some decent elevation changes for such a little property; holes ranged from 95 to 180 yds. Greens were tiny so i felt it always helped me to 'dial in' my irons when i played there. Miss that place.

We're spoiled here in the Bay Area. We have EVERYTHING!

There is an executive course called Deep Cliff in Cupertino. Par 60, so it's mostly par 3s with a few par 4s. I like to go there now and then just to groove the iron play and putting. Very pretty as there are actual cliffs. Deer frequent the fairways. There is a pond and babbling creeks running through it. They also have a very active program for kids and I love seeing them there and watching them have fun.

We have a nice one here in my subdivision. Great shape, kinda challenging, but short. Longest hole is 125.

I miss the par 3s in SCAL - several had lights for night play.

I just par three’d for the first time last week.

There's a par 3 course near me. Flat and straight-forward but still fun.

We have a executive Par 3 attached to a reasonably highend course he in Central Ma.
Cyprian Keys its a 9 hole but its pretty nice and its not just afterthought they made it into a real course just a short one.

My son cut his teeth at Knights Play in Apex, NC. I'd recommend a par 3 course to anyone learning the game. This course has lights, for night play. I wish we had a good local executive course. These courses take away the emphasis on shooting a low score and just having fun.

We have a little muni executive in my neighborhood that’s in good condition and has night golf. Always a fun little round to work on the short game and was great when I was learning the game. We have another close by that’s very narrow and difficult but likewise was a great cheap introduction to the game.

Bob Golby is from my home town. He had a par 3 constructed which was designed by Pete Dye. It's owned by the city now. I really enjoy it. There is water on fourteen holes. Unfortunately a tornado took down a lot of the trees decade ago and the new ones haven't grown enough to replace the challenge that they had posed.

Cut my teeth on a par 3 course on the north side of Houston. Wasn't a nice course by any means, but it was definitely a good course to learn irons on. The holes ranged from about 75-150 yards.

We've had two 9-hole par three courses close here in the last 10 years or so.

I grew up near 3 par 3 courses that were a lot of fun playing even when I got better. Sadly, 2 are now being or have been developed.

Par 3 courses are a great way to learn to hit irons and for various handicaps to play together. If a 30 handicap hits 1 good shot, they can beat a single digit on a hole. I have a lot of great memories on those courses.

One of the four courses on my patron plan membership is a par 3. I'll play it a time or two coming out of winter to shake rust off my iron and wedge game. It's located beside one of the regulation courses so is always well maintained by the same greenkeeping staff. In fact it's zoysia fairways and green surrounds are superior to the bermuda fairways on the big course. It's also lighted so I assume it gets some night play during the heat of summer but I've never personally played it at night or in the summer.

We have a full 18 hole par 3 at one of the two public courses in town. It’s a fantastic place to work on wedges and irons. The greens are like carpet but everything else is in pretty fantastic shape! I really enjoy playing there a couple times a year

Most every tuesday morning we play Tewksbury Country Club which while not a par 3 is only a par 33. We play from the tips to turn some of the par 3's from 130-150 to now 150-185. The course is always in good shape with lots of water and woods. So it can be challenging. They have 1 par 5, 4 par 4's and 4 par 3's.

Prior to 7am or after 5pm it is only $20 walking which is nice

I would love a nearby par-3 course for 2 reasons: 1) I'm always looking to improve my iron game, and 2) it would give me the opportunity to play with my wife a lot more.

I used to live by a par 3 course and it was great. I didnt play it that often, but its a nice change of pace. You get to work short game with actual course conditions versus a range or practice green. Also, I liked how you can fit in a round in like 1-hour or so!

We have a pretty good executive type course that was built on top of the capped dump plus some additional land. It has 5 par 3s, 3 par 4s and a par 5. It is pretty fun and from the back tees you can hit most of the clubs in your bag.

Back