Par 3 Greens: Shallow or Narrow?

Miller Time

Twitter - @joshmlr
Reaction score
Handicap
Has Been
When hitting into a par 3, what kind of green do you prefer: one that is shallow, but plenty of room to miss right or left or one that is really deep, but has trouble on the left and right?

I prefer shallow with plenty of room to miss right or left. I feel like I can normally get a yardage correct, but not know where it's going to go.

Deep all day. That way I know long is ok and I can take an extra club and be gone.

nice and deep. sfw, i swear!

shallow with room left and right. I rarely go long and the only time I go short is when I chunk it. But I am unfortunately missing left or right a decent amount still.

Depends on the length of the hole to me - if I am hitting a 4i into the green I would prefer it to be deep but a shorter iron, say 7i or less, I don't mind either way

I'm pretty happy with my distance control, but my aim often sucks! So I'll go with wide!

I will take shallow as I typically have better distance control than dispersion control.

I am almost never long, so I'll take shallow because I can do a good job with the occasional pull.

Wide please. Doesn't matter how long they make it I'll probably airmail the stupid thing.

I will take shallow all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shallow and wide for me

Deep for sure.

Rack another shallow for me, rather putt 20 feet then 60 +

Probably shallow because I'm fighting a pull, although getting up and down is getting better.

Shallow with lateral space all day every day!

I kind of like both ;> but if I have to choose wide & shallow.

Wide and shallow.
I have a joke with this answer, but I will keep it to myself.

Back