paranormal activity thread

bogey_russ

outside operations
Reaction score
Handicap
girs
i got a few inquiries on the paranormal activities going on in my "haunted" house and was wondering if anyone else had stories on anything paranormal?
first hand would be great

My first wife was a witch.

Other than that, I got nothin'.

hahaha did she give you the "motion potion"?

Ok this is not from me, but my cousin. She's a chiropractor that used to work in CT. They had a ghost that was "friendly" but would also be temperamental if you pissed him off. He'd hold the door locked to the bathroom or hold a cabinet shut if you needed a file, and you'd need to tell him, "ha ha, but right now we have to work, we can play later." If you pissed him off, he's keep you locked in. Someone would have to come and make peace for you to get let out. She only worked there a few times (she'd sub at this office), but everyone on the staff agreed the place was definitely haunted (an office built in an old house).

Patty - gives me the creeps just reading it!

i was once in the bathroom doing my business when the toilet would just flush on me hahaha... guess it was a hint

i was once in the bathroom doing my business when the toilet would just flush on me hahaha... guess it was a hint

Eat more fibre. The toilet won't auto-flush to save itself then.

These stories are so creepy, keep em coming though. I myself have never encounter ghostly things, but at one point I thought I had. My room is relatively small and the air vent on one side of the room blows air in just the right way that it makes my door shake. When my door is closed it's still a little lose so it shakes from the air and makes a pretty loud sound. At first I thought it was ghosts. Then realized it only did it when the air was on.

a friend of mine came over once and was waiting in the living room while i was getting ready... we were going clubbing that night
he later said that he had told my grandma hello as she was going to the bathroom but apparently she didnt hear him
i told him i was the only one home and my grandma died along time ago hahaha
he wont come over anymore i have to meet him somewhere

the history of my house is my parents own it and several other properties so it was a rental
a nice lil old lady passed away while living here a long time ago
so im thinking thats might possibly be a theory
that or one of the renters was a debil worshipper hahaha

as long as it doesnt go amityville on me im all good

I also thought our house might be haunted for a short period. We bought from a couple who lived in the house for over 45 years, and we learned that she passed away when they moved to Oregon w/in the year. Our dog kept going into corners of our house and barking. I didn't say anything to my husband (who doesn't believe in spirits or ghosts), but if this woman (Mrs. Locke) was there, she didn't make any trouble. After about 1 month, our dog stopped barking at random corners. She doesn't do it any more at all in our house.

I kind of have always thought there were ghosts, but after I heard my cousin's story, I feel like there's gotta be. We're also thinking about moving right now (searching for a better school district) and my husband found a house close to a cemetery. I vetoed it - thinking too many spirits would be wandering around. I have enough things to stress about w/o worrying about hostile spirits that may or may not be around. My husband (again) thinks I'm crazy and paranoid.

Russ- how long have you lived in the house? Has it always been haunted since you've been there? Have you ever seen an image? Any idea if it's a boy or a girl/man or woman?

I also thought our house might be haunted for a short period. We bought from a couple who lived in the house for over 45 years, and we learned that she passed away when they moved to Oregon w/in the year. Our dog kept going into corners of our house and barking. I didn't say anything to my husband (who doesn't believe in spirits or ghosts), but if this woman (Mrs. Locke) was there, she didn't make any trouble. After about 1 month, our dog stopped barking at random corners. She doesn't do it any more at all in our house.

I kind of have always thought there were ghosts, but after I heard my cousin's story, I feel like there's gotta be. We're also thinking about moving right now (searching for a better school district) and my husband found a house close to a cemetery. I vetoed it - thinking too many spirits would be wandering around. I have enough things to stress about w/o worrying about hostile spirits that may or may not be around. My husband (again) thinks I'm crazy and paranoid.

Russ- how long have you lived in the house? Has it always been haunted since you've been there? Have you ever seen an image? Any idea if it's a boy or a girl/man or woman?

I was just about to ask the answers to these as well. I am very interested because I don't believe in ghosts because I have never seen anything. I was biking down a very narrow treed path late at night once and I was going pretty fast and I swear I saw some girl walking down these stone steps from out of the bush. I think it was my mind playing tricks on me but it sure looked like a ghost.

well ive only been here for 4 yrs... but my parents are the original owners and the house was built in the 70s
according to my friend he said it was my grandma that he saw so im assuming its an older lady... the one that passed while staying here
ive never heard of any stories of anything violent happening here and the activity isnt malevolent or anything
ive never "seen" anything but my dog also barks at things that arent there

Great stories! I'm contemplating joining my university's paranormal society. Not sure if I would want to find proof of those I can't see.

Tap before talk.

well ive only been here for 4 yrs... but my parents are the original owners and the house was built in the 70s
according to my friend he said it was my grandma that he saw so im assuming its an older lady... the one that passed while staying here
ive never heard of any stories of anything violent happening here and the activity isnt malevolent or anything
ive never "seen" anything but my dog also barks at things that arent there

Have your parents ever seen anything?

my moms kinda superstitious so if her friends say they notice something she has to also so im not sure... my dad just ignores everything hahaha

In my early college experimental days, I think I might have seen a little of everything but nothing since........

Ok now after you read this alot of you will think i'm wierder than you already do but, i will share what is going on at my g.f.'s house anyway. I met her this past october and, we got serious pretty fast, even though i fought it like ali and frazier i finally succombed to my feelings. I have never had anything ghostly or paranormal happen to me in all my 32 years of life and, she seemed as normal as me and she really is only she has a few extra attributes most of us do not have. The first night i stayed at her house i didnt think anything was strange nor did i experience anything it all seemed normal and, she didnt offer up any information about it either. The second night i got up around 3 in the morning to pee and, i heard a clicking noise coming from the livingroom i went on and peed. Then as i started down the hall toward the livingroom it sounded like somebody hit the livingroom wall with their fist. I turned and sprinted like usain bolt and, jumped into bed and, told her about it and, she so calmly said "oh yea, this house is haunted" and, kissed my cheek rolled over and went back to sleep. The rest of the morning i kept hearing noises and, i was curled up into the fetal position absolutely scared to move a muscle, i mean i was terrified. We talked about it the next day and she explained that there was a little more to her than meets the eye. The very next night i woke up at around 3 in the morning again and, she was sitting up in the bed holding her arm out and pointing to the mirror across the room chanting something that was not in english. I thought for a minute that she was just messing with me so i said haha real funny and she turned to me with her arm held straight out and finger pointing out and her eyes halfway open saying "They are here now and, you will not hit me ever again" and, back to the fetal position i went, LOL. We talked about that the next day and i repeated what she was saying and, she explained that it was a curse but, not to worry she was only dreaming about and reliving one of the nights that her ex-husband used her as a punching bag (that is another story for another day). She said that spirits have been around her and communicated with her for as long as she can remember and, she has premonitions when something big is about to happen. I.ve gotten used to this by now, like this past sunday me and her were sittin there watching nascar and, she all of the sudden reached over and clutched my hand and said someone is about to call and its bad news. Exactly 1 minute later the phone rang and it was about her father, he had just had a stroke. Alot of things have happened in that house over the last few months but, its really not like the movies. I've had my legs pinched alot and, the other night while me and, her were .... in bed together .... i got a nice fairly hard thwack across my right forearm which was startling. There have been numerous other things but, i'm getting more and more used to it and, i guess i'm in for a ride now,LOL. Maybe i should have payed the check and left on our first date when she said her birthday is on halloween and shes always been interested in the paranormal but, i didnt and i'm not going to now, atleast this relationship with her will be interesting however long it lasts.

dude... thats like whoa
im glad i just have a simple haunting... nothing like that

dude... thats like whoa
im glad i just have a simple haunting... nothing like that

Ahh its not that bad now that i'm somewhat used to it, i was certainly terrified in the beginning but, for the wrong reasons. I just had never experienced anything before and, i had seen WAY too many movies where people are possesed and thrown around and even killed by ghosts. She has explained to me that real spirits are not like movie spirits while that kinda haunting can happen the odds of it happening are like a million to 1 and that these spirits will not hurt me. She said they will slap and pinch every now and then but, it wont be too hard and i'm a man so i can suck it up, LOL. I feel better about it all now and, am actually excited about it, i hope i can catch one on camera one of these days although she also told me that i never will they are too smart for that.

wow smooth that is crazy! I dont know if I could deal with anything like that

Back