I miss my daughter being super tiny!

Attachments

• IMG_4623.JPG
    IMG_4623.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 4
I have spent since last Wednesday away from the kids and won't see them till this coming Wednesday. Longest I have spend away from them since they were born. Have enjoyed myself but will be glad to get home.

Teenagers and pre-teen girls...ugh, if this doesn’t drive you to drink I don’t know what will.

Teenagers and pre-teen girls...ugh, if this doesn’t drive you to drink I don’t know what will.

My girls are 16, 14, and 9. I'm getting used to trying to decide which battles are the important ones to wage and which to let go.... ;)

I had the most nerve-wracking moment of my parenting life the other day. My son just passed his road test, and left for his first solo drive. It was just over to his school about 3 miles away. But still, watching him pull out of the driveway on his own was really weird.

So my almost five year old is afraid to go to sleep in his room on his own at night (our fault for laying down with him most nights), but if he wakes up at 5 am, he's totes cool with walking through a darkened house, go downstairs, help himself to a package of muffins and watch YouTube on the living room television.

When I pointed this out to him this morning, he laughed and said "Oh, Daddy ..."

So my almost five year old is afraid to go to sleep in his room on his own at night (our fault for laying down with him most nights), but if he wakes up at 5 am, he's totes cool with walking through a darkened house, go downstairs, help himself to a package of muffins and watch YouTube on the living room television.

When I pointed this out to him this morning, he laughed and said "Oh, Daddy ..."
Mine is the same way but has said it's scarier at night and your bed is so much more comfy than mine. He then runs to my room and turns off all the lights and goes right to sleep.

We did it. Kept another human alive for 1 year (yesterday)!
fadffd783fa03be002e014f0039666f9.jpg

Light of life. This girl has taught me a lot.

2e75fd5e4415bc6ad90b0b326e11dfc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter had a challenging time from 13 to 23. I never raised my hand to her and rarely raised my voice, but she seemed to take great pleasure in pressing my buttons. A wise old man with three daughters said she was paying me a huge compliment.....

Apparently, she was learning how far she could push a man before he snapped. She was trying it on the only man she knew that would still love her when she went too far.

6am wake up on a Saturday for the first of three travel U11 soccer games this weekend. Some call this crazy but I love every minute of being the active parent!!
111c7892d7cf6c5c8e3b74e451bd94ec.jpg

This is my first full week back in the office since March 2020. While the sense of normalcy will be nice, I'm definitely going to miss working from home. The silver lining to the pandemic was working from home and spending so much time with my son. Time that I would have never gotten if everything went along as it had in years past. Tomorrow I have to drop him off at daycare for the first time and I'm kind of a wreck about it. I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow morning.

This is my first full week back in the office since March 2020. While the sense of normalcy will be nice, I'm definitely going to miss working from home. The silver lining to the pandemic was working from home and spending so much time with my son. Time that I would have never gotten if everything went along as it had in years past. Tomorrow I have to drop him off at daycare for the first time and I'm kind of a wreck about it. I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow morning.

That's good news bad news for sure. I really enjoyed the extra family time I had while working from home, though remote time was limited. I've mostly been at the office. We were finally able to get our daughter in pre-school last summer, and she has had the best year making friends and being with kids her age.

Might be rougher on the Dad's than the kids...

That's good news bad news for sure. I really enjoyed the extra family time I had while working from home, though remote time was limited. I've mostly been at the office. We were finally able to get our daughter in pre-school last summer, and she has had the best year making friends and being with kids her age.

Might be rougher on the Dad's than the kids...

Oh I'm prepared for tomorrow morning to be awful, and yet I still don't think I'm ready

Apparently we are trying potty training this week for my little dude. Any helpful tips out there?

Apparently we are trying potty training this week for my little dude. Any helpful tips out there?
Good luck! Bribing with m&ms worked well for my mini me.

Good luck! Bribing with m&ms worked well for my mini me.

I've got to get some candy, and I'm reading some stuff about some small toys/prizes for certain outcomes.

I've got to get some candy, and I'm reading some stuff about some small toys/prizes for certain outcomes.
Worked great for my son, both of my daughters were too stubborn!

My grandmother lost my grandfather when she was carrying her nineth child. She had little time to waste, so every morning at 8 o'clock, she put my one year old mother on the pot and left her there to do the business. My mum did the same with me and I with my daughter. Relaxed and routine are the key.

The benefit is that I was out of diapers by one year old, as was my daughter. And all my life I have had well disciplined bowels and no haemorrhoids.

Got a fun one for everyone, and would love the advice.

When is the behavior “oh they’re just a kid, they’ll grow out of it” turn into “oh crap my kid has terrible behavior?”

Do you have a grace for them, or should you be on top of things like manners and appreciation the second it starts to go sideways?

When is the behavior “oh they’re just a kid, they’ll grow out of it” turn into “oh crap my kid has terrible behavior?”

Do you have a grace for them, or should you be on top of things like manners and appreciation the second it starts to go sideways?

On top of it straight away.

Quite proud that my son says please and thank you (and means it) because we instilled it at an early age.

Its a fine line and each "occurance" has it's own threshold of how much parenting I need to do. With us it was simple, manners were a must, yes sir, yes maam, no sir, no maam. Early on we instilled the thought of the golden rule and everything flows from that.

The key to remember is that they are experiencing everything for the first time and are not perfect. Often times will mimic what they see at home. Just take it as it comes, have a little patience but set a line of expectation.

Manners, politeness, and gratitude is day one. My wife laughs at me every time I tell Alexa thank you. As far as behavior, when children get to a point where they can reasonably comprehend and respond (3-5), then good behavior should be expected. By 6, it’s your child doesn’t behave well. We’re dealing with JBCIV’s terrible 2s! He gets mad and frustrated so he throws or hits because he can’t communicate. You remove him from the situation or the item/person. So, we might not be able to go out eat or likewise a lot in the future.

Back