This was my day
052299c689d685b6aa6939d7f7949ffd.jpg

a49a6d94f6e3b8219854df3deca1b831.jpg

The things we do for our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a49a6d94f6e3b8219854df3deca1b831.jpg

The things we do for our kids.

Way cool. And I know you fully intend to check out the twisty slide after installation - just to verify its integrity :D

Up for about 5 minutes, 2 sips of coffee in the books. The kids stepped out of bed and started fighting like Germany and France in WW2 if France could fight. Ugh.

So my oldest daughter, who'll be 8 next month, wants her own room. Which is fine, because we have a room for her. However, she's shared a room with her little sister, who will be 6 in June, since day one. SO, little sister has not taken to this future (end of May) change. She was just verbally speaking against it at first, but last night! I don't know if it was a combo of being tired, and not getting her way or what, but she went close to Chernobyl with her melt down. What triggered this, you may be asking? Brushing her teeth before bed, or actually wanting someone else to do it because she was to tired. Which doesn't fly in my house. Oh wow was I getting hot! She was sitting on the step stool right in front of the bathroom sink, wouldn't listen to calm reason. So, I finally just picked her up and set her on the floor next to the shower so her sister could brush her teeth. Which, of course sent her to the next level.

All of this, because she couldn't just tell me she didn't want to have her sister move out of the room they shared. It's hard enough having to know how to read the mind of my wife and understand her subconscious signals, non verbal cues and question's that aren't questions but her actually asking me to do something. Knowing that I'm going to have to be able to do this for the rest of my life with her AND my two daughters. Uuuhhh!

0ef36f2a311bd0f9ba8c0e19d4d7a548.jpg

Went to my late grandpas farm to pull some barn wood for a project and my 7 yr old daughter took this photo of the corn crib. I thought it was a great shot, I guess I might be biased?

last night we had one of those great moments where your kids' personalities come through. family was together, and i jokingly asked my oldest who his favorite parent is. all in good fun. he's 5, is such a sweet-natured pacifier, and has some special needs. he thinks about it and says, "i love both of you." so sweet. my 3yo, who is a real manipulate d1ck, gets the same question. without a beat, "daddy" while staring right at my wife. one sweet boy who wants everybody to be happy, and one sociopath jerk. lol

Way cool. And I know you fully intend to check out the twisty slide after installation - just to verify its integrity :D

Of Course!! Right now it kinda sucks as its snowing at my house, but I've started to piece things together in the garage and have a majority of the pieces done and just need to put it all together once the weather breaks.

My 10yo is thrilled - our town's summer program booklet came out today, and they will be having a month long golf course. He took it for 2 years at the course just down the street from us which closed on Jan 1 (and left a LOT of booked wedding receptions in the lurch) and was worried they wouldn't hold it this year. He's been looking forward to it, since this year he gets to sign up for the advanced class for the first time.

I don't think the pro who ran the other classes will be at the new course this will be held at (and word on the street is this course is on it's deathbed too, unfortunately) which is too bad because he was great with the kids, and my son loved being taught by him. We'll see.

Gotten into a bad habit of falling asleep while putting the kids to bed, waking up 2-3 hours later and not being able to fall asleep again til 1-2sm.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I no longer have little ones around. I have great grandkids. But for all who do have little ones, just think how it will feel when you realize that they are making their decisions without you. It really hurts at first that they didn't consult you. But after that feeling goes away and you finally realize that they are not in school anymore, your heart swells with pride at the adults they have become. I witnessed my son dealing with business leaders in his community. It felt very good. I see they way he treats his coworkers and employees. I see the way he has raised his daughters. I made plenty of mistakes. I was 25 and married a woman with 4 kids. My oldest daughter was 13 and oldest son was 6. I kinda grew up with my kids. Not all of them turned out as I would have hoped. Their mother and I divorced 28 yrs ago. But I am still Dad. We talk/text almost daily. I work part-time FOR my son. We play golf weekly.

So, go forth, do the best you can and hope they make good decisions. You can only guide them for so long. It is hard, but everyone grows up and (hopefully, LOL) leaves.

Last edited:
Anyone have a way for my 2 year old not to wake up with the sun every morning? We already have blackout shades, but I guess the light still comes in around the sides of the shades a little bit. He's waking up at 6:15 AM now, and I don't want him to wake up near 5 AM in the middle of the summer up here.

Anyone have a way for my 2 year old not to wake up with the sun every morning? We already have blackout shades, but I guess the light still comes in around the sides of the shades a little bit. He's waking up at 6:15 AM now, and I don't want him to wake up near 5 AM in the middle of the summer up here.

Maybe one of those sleep mask things.

Have you thought about curtains/drapes for the window along with the shade? Maybe just enough for say couple inches past where the window starts to block and of the light getting past the shade.

I bought both of our kids their own set of clubs yesterday and they couldn't wait to get at it!

Ltd2Tn5b2ZKxi6YWp_fstaxY2zUwHgEyBe2VjlAr6cDUzrBaCjq23BBvnHTFu1KCC75a=w2881-h5118-no

MBGh9ZmCDdtNNM1c3dSH3dGn0vrON-WtYAqaZB_jP52wVkf-s-V9gh0gP9xGNfC-o64v=w2881-h5118-no

I was one proud papa!

My son had ratings day today for Little League, as he's graduated out of juniors this year. I did my best to stand back and out of his way once we got to the field, I told him to just relax and make sure he hustled above all else. It's tough to watch your kids try out/audition for anything because you always want them to do well. The kids all got 3 pop ups, 3 ground balls at short, and 3 pitches. He missed one pop up, got all three grounders but threw away the first one due to nerves, then ended up with one hit, one foul, and one tip. We'll find out in a week what team's drafted him.

There were a few kids there though that you could tell did NOT want to be there. It's tough to watch when kids very obviously have no interest but the parents are all over them. There was one kid I didn't recognize at all from coaching the past two years, so he's either new to town or based on his play, new to baseball in general. His father was on top of him, yelling at him when he was in the field, and then yelling at him to "get warmed up and take some cuts dammit!!" when it was his turn to bat, telling him to go where the coaches specifically said NOT to go in order to "warm up". You feel terrible for kids in that situation, and it always makes me check myself to make sure I'm not that guy.

My son had ratings day today for Little League, as he's graduated out of juniors this year. I did my best to stand back and out of his way once we got to the field, I told him to just relax and make sure he hustled above all else. It's tough to watch your kids try out/audition for anything because you always want them to do well. The kids all got 3 pop ups, 3 ground balls at short, and 3 pitches. He missed one pop up, got all three grounders but threw away the first one due to nerves, then ended up with one hit, one foul, and one tip. We'll find out in a week what team's drafted him.

There were a few kids there though that you could tell did NOT want to be there. It's tough to watch when kids very obviously have no interest but the parents are all over them. There was one kid I didn't recognize at all from coaching the past two years, so he's either new to town or based on his play, new to baseball in general. His father was on top of him, yelling at him when he was in the field, and then yelling at him to "get warmed up and take some cuts dammit!!" when it was his turn to bat, telling him to go where the coaches specifically said NOT to go in order to "warm up". You feel terrible for kids in that situation, and it always makes me check myself to make sure I'm not that guy.
Gosh I hate that. It's usually the guy who sucked at sports in his youth and expects his son to be the greatest player ever.

After 5 minutes of quiet in the house I thought for sure they were into something they shouldn't be. Was pleasantly surprised to find this instead:
7159587d578e2a175bb0ab7be5ef99fa.jpg

When I was a little league umpire, I threw parents out for unsportsmanlike behavior. Go home or forfeit the game. And it was "out of sight and out of sound".

This is what it's all about. Great weekend in Disney!!

ce7e8136c39b3be58c00be200e079f22.jpg

Home with the boys today. Our daycare woman has been on vacation for the last 5 weeks they go back Thursday so these are really cool days to spend with them. Not sick and feeling crappy just an awesome chance to spend time with these little dudes. So lucky

00ee2bba7eac4e4797b681b718eb218d.jpg

Ball pit shenanigans

c8331448267b3a9b3026e65bb077a630.jpg

Back