Parmesan cheese on top?

badolds

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12 est.
I had pizza for lunch yesterday and it came with a small cup of parmesan cheese. I was sprinkling some on a slice and spilled way too much. I did not mind at all, I smother pizza and pasta with it every time I eat it. When the waiter asks if I would like some fresh grated I get enough that my wife rolls her eyes at me. I think it adds something to the dish and there can never be too much.

What say you?

None because its icky?
A little is enough?
Make a pile on my pasta?

Love parmesan cheese on everything. Pizza, pasta, salad. We always have a block in the fridge for fresh grating. Fresh is the key, to adding the great flavor.

A light covering on pizza or pasta is enough for me.

This house definitely enjoys some Parmesan. Pizza, pasta, veggies, potatoes... lots of uses!

I will always add some parm if its available

Yes please.

I like it, but tend to go in the moderate camp.

A light amount is enough for me.

I will always add some parm if its available

I feel like it was the only thing missing from Pete's 2AM pizza delivery in Pittsburgh

Yes. Freshly shaved or grated.

Necessity for pizza, salad, pasta. I also accompany this with red pepper flakes. I love the combo on everything!

i almost always prefer fresh shaved over grated...but the green can certainly has it's place

We use it all the time at home where we have the real stuff. Problem with the powdered restaurant variety is the impurities like sawdust inside: Some packaged grated Parmesan cheese products contain too little cheese and too much cellulose, according to independent laboratory tests noted in the report. Kraft Heinz cheese, labeled "100% Grated Parmesan Cheese," was found to have 3.8 percent cellulose. Not very appetizing even if it won't kill you. Costco has grated P-R which is pretty good Italian origin cheese.

I'll sprinkle some on pizza, pasta, veggies or potatoes.

We have it a lot and normally grate ourselves but I think in risottos it’s best flaked.

Love it on top of pizza and pasta

I love parm on pizza. I local pizza company also give you honey to dip the crust in once you get there. I love that as well.

Of course! My daughter is the same way, she will smother it Parm, whatever it is.

Love fresh parm! I'm firmly in the can't get enough crowd.

You know what's good? Take some hearts of romaine, put a little lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and top with parmesan and then grill them for a few minutes. Surprisingly amazing. As for parmesan, I like it on pizza, but red pepper flakes on pizza is also an absolute requirement!

Too much is just enough.

Know what else is good? Oatmeal with parm and olive oil. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

You know what's better than cheese on top?

More cheese on top.

Bring on the cheese!

Back