Partial dividers or full dividers on golf bags?

Luchnia

You will never conquer golf.
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been researching 14 way golf stand bags and I noticed that some have full length dividers for each slot and some have 4 (I think it was 4) full length dividers or what you might call separators with 14 top slots. I went do Dicks Sporting goods to get a feel for them and see how they are made. I could see where the individual dividers might be better, yet I really did not see anything wrong with the other type of dividers.

I also read a bunch of reviews online. There are quite a bit of mixed reviews on these. Some say you got to get individual dividers and others say the other type dividers work just as good. I am trying to think of an example bag, but if I remember there were several that I saw at Dick's and the Titleist Hybrid 14 stand bag was one of them. Do any of you have the bags with the 14 top dividers and the 4 full length divider sections and what do you think of them?

I don't have 14 way bag at the moment, but I won't do anything other than ufull length dividers on my next bag. You will likely still get clubs crossed up without full length dividers which, to me, defeats the purpose of a 14 way bag.

I opt for fourteen (or fifteen!) full length dividers , but they have different arrangement patterns with the dividers, One's preference could well be determined by one's set configuration--which fourteen club choices, from among many more than that available are best arranged in a particular model.

My standard configuration seems to have settled in with my last few sets:

1. driver or driver alternative (2-wood, "tour spoon," etc.)
2. specialty driving iron
3. longer fairway wood
4. more lofted fairway wood
5-9. 5 through 9 irons, appropriately.
10-12. three turf wedges
13. specialty sand iron
14. putter

These particular clubs arrange themselves more neatly in some top patterns than in others.
And if I want to spread my fairway wood lofts between three clubs instead of two, I need a fifteen way bag.
And if I want to spread my turf wedge lofts between four clubs instead of three, I need a fifteen way bag.
And if I want to do both, I'm pretty much screwed.

This is another of those examples where I don't care and seemingly most everybody else does. My only concern with my bag is that it is light and has good shoulder straps for walking. I have an Ogio bag and a TM bag. Do I occasionally have a club or two cross and get stuck...Yup...But right now I have two bags ready to go. So a new bag won't happen for at least a few years.

I've never owned a 14-way bag. Not saying I wouldn't if given the opportunity, but it's not something I seek out.

full dividers for me

Have used the 14 way dividers now for many years.

I would need full length dividers as without clubs will just get intertwined.

I have a cart bag with 15 & I believe 4 dividers. I would have preferred full dividers, but the bag I wanted only had 4, so I make do & like it a lot better then the 7 way.

Callaway Org 14. 14 full length dividers, but they are cloth. At times the handles get in each other's way, but it is still way better than a 4 way bag.

14 way full deciders for me.. my old one was the same, but their version of full length divers was actually 3/4... So I went with the c130 which has FULL FULL length dividers and not a single issue

I'm on my third Sun Mountain C-130 (full 14-way dividers), wouldn't have anything else. Easy to organize my clubs, I always know exactly where they are in the bag, and all it takes is a quick glance to make sure I didn't leave a club behind.

The C-130s last forever - when I got rid of my last one it was still in great shape, it was just an older model that didn't have a putter well big enough for my Super Stroke grip.

Don't even know what my current bag has. My next bag likely will have full length dividers but not a 14.

I grew up with the standard, at the time, 3 dividers, full length, which I prefer. I really don't like bags with individual dividers, but that seems to be the prevalent option now.

Seems like a lot of companies stretch the definition or truth about full length dividers and it’s annoying.

I have several bags with full length dividers. 14 way, and haven't had any issues.

I prefer bags with a 14 way top, but I’m less picky about full length dividers. I’d take Ogio Silencer tech over full length dividers if I had the choice.

I'm a 14 way, full divider guy. Every club in its place, and the full dividers keep my Jumbo grips from interfering with each other.

I get a panic attack when I go to my bag and something is in the wrong place, like if my SO has put clubs back for me.

Also keeps me from ever forgetting a club. If I get to the bag, and there is an empty slot, something is amiss.

This is another of those examples where I don't care and seemingly most everybody else does. My only concern with my bag is that it is light and has good shoulder straps for walking. I have an Ogio bag and a TM bag. Do I occasionally have a club or two cross and get stuck...Yup...But right now I have two bags ready to go. So a new bag won't happen for at least a few years.
As a walker I also never buy those bags because they're too heavy. It makes me laugh how serious this subject is to cart golfers though. It's such a minor annoyance it's hardly worth thinking about ?.

I've only ever used 4 and 5 way top bags. They normally have the 3 way divider. In my limited experience of just a couple of bags anyway. I think I wouldn't mind using a 14 way fully divided bag. I don't have anything oversized grip wise so that shouldn't be a problem.

I like 14 or 15 full length dividers although not a single bag out there has them actually attached to the floor! Lol. So your 4 iron grip can still end up down by the wedge grips etc. tangled. Just wish all the full length dividers were fricking attached at the bottom. I really like that link with the club organizers. Shootzgolf. I may try them out if they’re not expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been researching 14 way golf stand bags and I noticed that some have full length dividers for each slot and some have 4 (I think it was 4) full length dividers or what you might call separators with 14 top slots. I went do Dicks Sporting goods to get a feel for them and see how they are made. I could see where the individual dividers might be better, yet I really did not see anything wrong with the other type of dividers.

I also read a bunch of reviews online. There are quite a bit of mixed reviews on these. Some say you got to get individual dividers and others say the other type dividers work just as good. I am trying to think of an example bag, but if I remember there were several that I saw at Dick's and the Titleist Hybrid 14 stand bag was one of them. Do any of you have the bags with the 14 top dividers and the 4 full length divider sections and what do you think of them?

I've had both. Like somethings about both and dislike things about both. I have 14-way now, and initially liked the idea of a slot-per-club. However, on the course, I don't really pay attention or think "ok, my 7 iron goes here, my 4 iron goes here, etc." Just kind of slide them in and move on. And if you somehow slide two clubs in one slot, it can be a pain taking one out, as the grip can get stuck. So with that, I'd give a slight edge to 5-6 way dividers. My previous bag was 5 I believe, and I enjoyed it.

Back