Pasadena and golf

dtak84

Reaction score
Handicap
HOOK 'EM HORNS

(formatting text on a phone is tedious)

Anyway, just found out I'll be going to the game where the Horns will stomp ALL over the Crimson Tide (love that nickname by the way). I'll be getting there thursday morning for the game, and then golfing all day Friday and Saturday.

Anyone know of any nice but not too expensive courses in the Pasadena area?

HOOK 'EM HORNS

OMG Are you serious?!?! The BF has been wanting to find a way to go...but tickets are ridiculously expensive and UT had a lottery that you had to pay to be entered to win tickets to the game and then of course you had to pay for tickets. But that is awesome!!!

We know TONS of courses around...I live about 6 miles away from the Rose Bowl!!

There are a few nice 9 hole courses around, they're big, there's Altadena (where I take my lessons) and where you can meet Kevin Erdman as he works in the pro shop there and Eaton Canyon which is near Altadena...For a cart and to play there (they're sister courses: so if you play them both, you get a full 18) its about $40/person! Maybe we can play on Saturday!??!!? haa haa haa

If you can get on Brookside, its a inexpensive course. The only problem is that a couple of fairways are parking lots for the Rose Bowl so I dont know if they will be open.
Brookside Men's Golf Club

Hey dtak, are you willing to sell your ticket? The BF will give you his left arm, he wants to go THAT bad!!!

Hey dtak, are you willing to sell your ticket? The BF will give you his left arm, he wants to go THAT bad!!!

Haha ummm. We're paying $600 per ticket for our two... Still a lot at that price :/

Haha ummm. We're paying $600 per ticket for our two... Still a lot at that price :/

Wow, that's cheap!! We've seen them on StubHub, the cheapest at close to $800 each. INSANE!!!

Scholl Canyon is another good one, its close by with great views of the city, except its hard. Not too pricey (because you will be losing golf balls, LOL), under $40 includes cart!

I've never played here (still too big for me) but Santa Anita is supposed to be really nice, around $40 as well.

For some of the courses around, they might be offered discounts from those discounted websites (click4teetimes.com or even golfnow.com)

Last edited:
I'll be looking up all these courses :blob:

stub hub is where we got our tickets. Maybe we grabbed the last pair or so at $600. :confused2:

We can make it a Southern Cali golf outing :joy: WhooHooo :D

If there is to be an outing I would love to join... what do you say Gasman, Golf Chick and others in the SoCal area????

If there is to be an outing I would love to join... what do you say Gasman, Golf Chick and others in the SoCal area????

I'm always in :D

Brookside is right next to the Rose Bowl. There's 2 courses there. #1 is the more popular. It's $53 on Fri, $75 on Sat with a cart.

Santa Anita is close by and is a pretty good track. The big mounds are buried railroad cars. Tee times are usually booked up pretty good, but get there early and you should have no problem getting on.

Wilson and Harding at Griffith Park are good and are close by too. You need to get there early if you want to walk on. Los Angeles City Golf Reservations

Avoid going through downtown on Fri unless you really want a taste of LA traffic.

If you want to take about a 20 minute drive there is the Pacific Palms Resort which was just recognized as 2010 National Golf Course of the Year. Two nice courses there... just a suggestion.

Did you guys ever get together to play? I ended up playing 3 nice courses in Cali.

Brookside is right next to the Rose Bowl.
Wilson and Harding at Griffith Park are good and are close by too. You need to get there early if you want to walk on.

My dad's friend got the two of us a tee time on Wilson at 6:48 in the morning... I couldn't see a thing when we first got there at 6:45, but there were already two groups out on the fairway... I liked the course itself. Greens about the same speed as they are here in Tx and nice scenery.

If you want to take about a 20 minute drive there is the Pacific Palms Resort which was just recognized as 2010 National Golf Course of the Year. Two nice courses there... just a suggestion.

Saturday morning, we made a tee time at Black Gold golf course at Yorba Linda. Much more expensive, but a beautiful course. Our tee time was at 7:13am. The course itself has small fairways compared to here in San Antonio, and a lot of elevation changes. First course I've ever played that was built on the side of a mountain. Love the views of the city. (I believe LA?) Fastest greens I had ever played up to that point...

We finished at noon, and had to rush over to Industrial City because I had setup a tee time for 1pm (twilight!) We played Ike, the easier of the two courses for sprayers like myself (the resort has Ike and Babe), which also had very fast greens. I have never played a more beautiful course, and none in San Antonio come close. A lot of the fauna reminded me of Augusta... This course also had incredible views of LA. Out of the three, I most want to play Ike again. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Glad you enjoyed yourself out here, too bad about the game though :(

First course I've ever played that was built on the side of a mountain. Love the views of the city. (I believe LA?)

!

I think that it looks over Orange County mostly Fullerton and Anaheim. Im glad you had a good time. We had some great weather this weekend.

Did you guys ever get together to play? I ended up playing 3 nice courses in Cali.

My dad's friend got the two of us a tee time on Wilson at 6:48 in the morning... I couldn't see a thing when we first got there at 6:45, but there were already two groups out on the fairway... I liked the course itself. Greens about the same speed as they are here in Tx and nice scenery.

Saturday morning, we made a tee time at Black Gold golf course at Yorba Linda. Much more expensive, but a beautiful course. Our tee time was at 7:13am. The course itself has small fairways compared to here in San Antonio, and a lot of elevation changes. First course I've ever played that was built on the side of a mountain. Love the views of the city. (I believe LA?) Fastest greens I had ever played up to that point...

We finished at noon, and had to rush over to Industrial City because I had setup a tee time for 1pm (twilight!) We played Ike, the easier of the two courses for sprayers like myself (the resort has Ike and Babe), which also had very fast greens. I have never played a more beautiful course, and none in San Antonio come close. A lot of the fauna reminded me of Augusta... This course also had incredible views of LA. Out of the three, I most want to play Ike again. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Man I wish I knew you were playing Black Gold and the Ike... Black Gold is 15 minutes from me and the Ike is 5 minutes away!!! I would of loved to meet you and joined ( if you had room that is) Oh well maybe if you ever come back.

Glad you enjoyed yourself out here, too bad about the game though :(

Thanks! The game was good, though as soon as I saw colt run off the field I really started to worry... and turned out for good reason... The game would've been so different... Hopefully our next opportunity is within 4 yrs.

I think that it looks over Orange County mostly Fullerton and Anaheim. Im glad you had a good time. We had some great weather this weekend.

O ok. As I looked over Orange County then, I noticed a large yellow haze which I was told by the pair playing with us, was smog. :dont-know: The weather though was so perfect. A taste of that makes me want to move there, the highway system and mass amount of koreans makes me feel otherwise.

Man I wish I knew you were playing Black Gold and the Ike... Black Gold is 15 minutes from me and the Ike is 5 minutes away!!! I would of loved to meet you and joined ( if you had room that is) Oh well maybe if you ever come back.

Yah we had room! I made the tee-times Friday night and there was still space. I want to go back, not sure when that'll be, but Ike is on my list of Cali. courses to play again.

Yah we had room! I made the tee-times Friday night and there was still space. I want to go back, not sure when that'll be, but Ike is on my list of Cali. courses to play again.

Well just let me know... I know a few other courses that are really nice out here.

Well just let me know... I know a few other courses that are really nice out here.

You have to also check out some of the courses in Ventura County. I still want to play Black Gold.

You have to also check out some of the courses in Ventura County. I still want to play Black Gold.

I dont get up to Ventura County much but I do hear there are some nice courses there also. Oak Quarry is another course I really like.

I dont get up to Ventura County much but I do hear there are some nice courses there also. Oak Quarry is another course I really like.

And Robinson Ranch (I think that's what its called)?

And Robinson Ranch (I think that's what its called)?

Robinson Ranch is a nice course but they have to be some of the tightest fairways around. Throw some wind in the mix and that place can become a real challenge.

Back