Past THP Experience Memories

Take a look at @Afizzle2100 and @mtbloco posts and you see much of my answer as well. I will add this pic of us post round, the sting of falling apart on the last couple holes fading away as we sat around just enjoying each other's company.
20201108_135938.jpg

What an incredible thread. I love reading about the experiences. They all look and read like so much fun. I hope to one day be able to add my own thoughts.

The Gauntlet way back in 2014. It was in Hilton Head. We ended up getting some drinks at a bar and bringing them up to the top of the Harbor Town lighthouse. It was awesome.

FB_IMG_1631622764393.jpg

I've been fortunate to be a part of 3 Experiences. The friendships formed are something I treasure daily. Each day, when I'm perusing the board, I'll see a name and am immediately eyeball deep in memories. Each experience was more fun than I could've ever imagined going in.

The Morgan Cup was so special to me. Those memories are something else. @e1iterate calling his shot, @maxw72's unending enthusiasm, @baylrballa's wit and sense of humor, @H8tobogie's shot on 18, @OITW's love for the event, and the master of cool, @Master Yagley. The wait on #7 in alt shot with Mike, @jdtox and @MarMill, @oumagic kicking my butt, then the comeback and then my whiff in the singles match, and sitting around after the matches with Team Paradise and listening to Yags and Jos story time. I always watch JB. His commitment and passion for THP and us is obvious. I do hate that we missed @GolferGal in Las Vegas.

Not too many Grandaddy Posts yet, but this can sum a lot of it up from the course side.HIDEAWAY-ESTATES-FOR-SALE-LUXURY-SOCAL-VILLAS.jpg

This can show off what was an epic day of fitting.

E8rZzlzWEAEgugp.jpg

This can sum up product innovation talk.

883D0368-3F69-40F6-9F65-73035631FC86.jpeg

6F22B588-D5D3-490B-BF3C-611C675D884B.jpeg

The Grandaddy is the obvious answer for the most memories. Meeting Roger F-in Cleveland and the rest of the Callaway staff was pretty awesome. The fitting experience at ECPC, the Hideaway, watching Hashtag Chad hit out of a vertical lie in a bunker, the bus rides... All amazing. The relationships forged though were the best part. Still talk to the majority of my teammates pretty regularly.

Bunches of others too. Club Clash with the night putting and the driver only challenges. A couple of earlier trips to True Blue & Caledonia. Not to mention the unofficial local outings which are always a ton of fun as well.

I have met some of the nicest people I have ever met attending THP experiences. Especially, my first event at the 2019 Odyssey Experience. Being welcomed in like the other guys have known you for years is a heartfelt experience.

Getting a forum name change from Sean Toulon is my weirdest and best memory. Sean saying at our first dinner “what’s a fuffle” was very funny.

Playing with @Parrot and having him hit @JB ’s cart not once but twice at the event, then his reaction when asking him how many times has his cart been hit before was priceless.

Such fond memories

I have made 1 trip for an official THP experience and it was a ton of fun! @Duffer Waldorf and I shared a rental car and a house with @init.6 @millsan1 @OldeDude & @jim54, that looked over the lake and the Island Green. The dinners were so awesome! The food was delicious and the banter was fantastic! We learned about sauce it and send it from the crew!

My Purple Rain teammate and bearded wonder, @checkered was an absolute pleasure to play with both days! He made a handful of net eagles! The 2 teams we played with were @OldeDude @jim54 and eventual champs @ArmyGolf & @aljaklaw for the 2 rounds. The course was a true gem! Everyone knows the Island Hole but this par 3 was good too and I was lucky enough to have JB catch me sinking a birdie putt!

1631634181191.png

I don't remember which outing it was but I definitely bladed a gap wedge over the green on 18 into a cart right by the crowd watching. 😬 Ended up in the bag well. Pretty sure I was too embarrassed to finish.

Attachments

• 1631634946323.png
    1631634946323.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 11
That was an amazing trip and I have 6 clubs in my bag that were a result of that trip to boot. Everyone of my THP events have been very memorable, but seeing my dog Endcap, which at the time I heard as "and cat", definitely makes me smile every time. BTW, I still don't like our cat.

I've had some amazing experiences, but I'll go with the most unusual right now...

THP Sweep w/Budget Golf. If you've been around here more than 2 years, you're familiar with what it is, but where else can you go on a massive club scavenger hunt in a warehouse, then the first one done gets 60 seconds to grab anything and everything they can get in a grocery cart. Loved the creativity of the event.

That being said, I had the pleasure of competing against @Schanker and his dog Endcap.

#THPMC for sure! I always love looking through the threads and this memory book!

The most nervous I've ever been on a golf range before a round!
tempImagey3X1fh.jpg

tempImageug1RJv.jpg

Man i really need to dive into this thread because there are a ton of memories.

First big THP Outing at PGA National. Telling my wife we were going to Florida to meet a bunch of guys from the internet haha And yes I ended up proposing to her while there.

The following year was the very first Morgan Cup. I remember being so nervous on the first tee getting ready to hit that first tee shot ever struck in that event. Nervewracking but I found the left side of the fairway.

I have a ton more that I need to write of.

I was lucky to get drawn for the 2019 Odyssey Exp in Hammock Beach! It was such an amazing trip and one i will never forget. I met some awesome THPRs and did not know really what to expect. Your first THP Exp is almost overwhelming and it fly's by. I loved every minute of The Odyssey Exp and learned a lot. Getting to meet @fuffle master @Parrot @mikeg_74 @mancest @Misike @cbaker2882 @cpaulsell and @JB was awesome. Tons of laughs and great golf at a phenomenal place is hard to beat. I have not even mentioned the gear and getting to hang out with the Callaway staff!

The best part was my cart partner @cbaker2882. You cannot ask for a better guy to have as a partner in an event. The next best things are @JB one liners! They never get old LOL!

hammock3.jpghammock2.jpg
hammock4.jpg
hammock1.jpg
Hammock 18.jpeg

Favorite memory would either be night putting with the boys at the true temper event a few years back or the villa crawl (we were jipped haha).

most memorable memory would be the johicking of the Wilson event in Vegas 😂😂

Nice thread idea! I’ll share more later when I have time.

Very cool thread the memories make me jelly. Hopefully someday.

6B57A84C-FA2E-4F11-BC0E-072D6C22EE6E.jpeg

Some of the best things about the Experiences are the people you meet.

Back